We are pleased to announce that the game’s site now hosts an updated project roadmap, which describes the main points that are being developed or are planned for the not-so-far future! You can also see the features that have already been implemented. It’s been sixth months since the launch of the open beta on Steam, during which we have introduced the players of Star Conflict to a lot of interesting and important changes - let’s recap what we’ve achieved!
- We have developed and introduced a system of ship roles, designed to help players understand the differences between ships and their tasks on the battlefield - this innovation helped make the game more interesting and logical.
- Module system has also been extensively developed and updated - our ships have become more unique and different from their counterparts in different sides of the conflict.
- A system of implants for pilots has been added, so that everyone could find the optimal parameters corresponding to their combat style!
- New types of gameplays were created for players interested in PvE combat, and PvP battles as well! Moreover, the sector conquest has been implemented, which is appreciated by many players from corporations.
- There’s also the much-anticipated custom battle system - with its introduction our pilots now have the ability to set the conditions and parameters of the battles in which they want to participate!
- Of course, for every multiplayer game it is important to have the options to change and customize the player’s appearance, and more recently our players were able to try this feature out too, pilots can now change the colours of their ships and apply unique stickers!
- Precursor space was invaded by pirates, and after them, the ships of the new technological level - this has pleased many of our players who want to develop further and has given them the opportunity to try out new and exciting ships!
So as you can see, during this time the game has grown and has become even more interesting! In addition to the items mentioned, serious work was done to refine and improve various aspects of the game. Interface was further improved, synergy system was revamped, statistics display was updated too, and much-much more! Moreover, with each update, our game is nearing completion, and version 1.0 is almost here! In future updates our players will be able to see not less important and interesting improvements - for example, now we are actively preparing new game modes!
It’s also worth mentioning that we want to minimize massive mechanics shakeups after the game’s release and concentrate on polishing and expanding the game. This is why the beta has seen such sweeping changes — we want to avoid that in the future and work really hard on new content!
We are thankful for all the support, interest and patience our players are consistently showing. This is what helps us make Star Conflict better! Follow this link to see the updated development roadmap and make sure to leave a comment as well.