Developer Blog entry from October, 30th. Fleet Strenght, Selling ships and Balance (0.9.9. Update)

Hopefully, MM would be wise enough not to match a new player against you.

Unless there’re more players like me leveling up ships on T1 I will only face new players… that’s what T1 is for xD

Just a confirmation: does this reduction apply only to guards, or is it an across-the-board reduction?

Hopefully, MM would be wise enough not to match a new player against you.

Not really, Tier 1 mechanics and modules are so shallow than even the best player in the world doesn’t stand much a chance against two average players in tier 1.

Just a confirmation: does this reduction apply only to guards, or is it an across-the-board reduction?

As far as I am aware - only to Guards. 

It’s solely for the Guards. It’s gonna get a LOT tougher to 1v1 them, but ganging on them is gonna be much easier, if you all have different weapons.

That’s a good thing for my covops and tackler; they’ve got next to no hull. 

Not really, Tier 1 mechanics and modules are so shallow than even the best player in the world doesn’t stand much a chance against two average players in tier 1.

When the new ship progression came out, I played a handful of T1 matches. My engie singlehandedly defended a beacon against four enemies. 

[…]

Yes. Green. Finally.

Wait. Why does this take 1 week to increase, but ship customization still hasn’t seen any increase in colour amount?

[…]

Some Free to Play games that rush through initial the developement (beta) phase don’t do very well upon release. I’m glad the developers are focusing their attention on balance, mechanics, and content instead of new cosmetic options. I noticed that a lot of the new additions mentioned in this dev blog are taken directly from or are modified versions of some ideas that have appeared on Star Conflict forums recently. Kudos to the devs. They actually listened.

Some Free to Play games that rush through initial the developement (beta) phase don’t do very well upon release. I’m glad the developers are focusing their attention on balance, mechanics, and content instead of new cosmetic options. I noticed that a lot of the new additions mentioned in this dev blog are taken directly from or are modified versions of some ideas that have appeared on Star Conflict forums recently. Kudos to the devs. They actually listened.

I came from the World of Warplanes. They have postponed the launch date, and 2 weeks from the launch the game is ridden with bugs, poor optimization and crap balance ( I have more than 70% WR, and my kill record is 12 in 15vs15 games)

So I’m glad here are doing this. I can wait if the wait is worth of it. And so far it seems it is.

Lets all be sure to be critical about this new patch, and give it a thorough testing before we come up with our suggestions/opinions about it. 

Lets all be sure to be critical about this new patch, and give it a thorough testing before we come up with our suggestions/opinions about it. 

We both know that is an impossible thing to ask!  :beee:

We both know that is an impossible thing to ask!  :beee:

Its possible, just dont eat mind altering sweet rolls prior to the patch, and in this way your opinions/observations won’t be skewed. 

The next innovation is the long-awaited opportunity to… sell ships! 

b1ce4272e8994e1616af33a85700.png 9307177c174486ea1f3d2dc97734.png

The"Guard frigate " role is currently slightly unbalanced and in order to resolve the situation, we have introduced a number of changes: shield resistances to all types of damage will be reduced by 30 pts., but to compensate for this and introduce a greater element of “skill” in piloting the ships of this role, we have increased the special “Phase shield” module’s effectiveness by 50 pts. In addition, the “Mass Propulsion Inhibitor” module has also been tweaked - it now works for certain amount of time after activation (12 seconds active time, 30 seconds cooldown), not indefinitely as it used to.

We have also improved the mechanics of “Attack Drones” - missile equipment for “Engineering” frigates. Now this drone will be much more interesting to use with its improved behaviour and movement physics. In addition, its model is also slightly changed, now it looks like this:

45efb9e3ccad91d37aa69a90c164.jpg

Along with the work on game balance, we have added new colors for the main sights and lead markers:

• purple
  • blue
  • yellow
  • green

b33ee7d8d27b8ba9ee89a129ee19.jpg

Selling Ships: Well, there goes that meme…

Guard Nerf: Fair enough.

Engineer Tweak:  :fed007: Those drones are… sexy.  :fed011:

New Reticle Colors:  :fed_lol: THEY HAVE GREEN NOW!!!

I hereby give this patch a rating of  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl: , because we don’t have gold star emotes. Nicely done.

In addition, to make it easier for to the pilots to increase their “Fleet strength”, we have lowered the amount of synergy required to reach the maximum ship level by 50%. It is possible that after the update, many pilots who already have the required amount of synergy will be able to improve upgrade their ships to elite status and increase their fleet strength!

Wait, what? The grind in this game is being decreased? Is this real life?

Wait, what? The grind in this game is being decreased? Is this real life?

Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll compensate by reducing synergy gains or something :learn:

Every patch thursday, important stuff is the one that isn’t in patch notes.

Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll compensate by reducing synergy gains or something :learn:

Every patch thursday, important stuff is the one that isn’t in patch notes.

Credit gains*

They always reduce credit gains while buffing synergy gains.

I’m quoting you to make sure you will read me:

What about selling Premium Ships for X% of their original prize? will the be possible, or we only will be able to sell normal ships? I would like to get rid of some ships that got useless after the mod changes…

I sincerely wish we can do this, for GS.  I have three T3 premiums and only one have I grinded past it to T4.  I also have one T2 premium that I’ve only flown a couple times.

Have you played T1 lately?!  Load up an R1 fighter, any fighter even with no synergy at all, and it’s easy to kill and survive.

You say the opposite every patch note thread until you play it.

I’m curious about the attack drone change, I’m predicting a nerf based on Antibus’ wording.  Guards I hope don’t get eliminated from the lower tiers since they can be UP down there.  Maybe the resistance change will be based on tier.  Beacon display I’d like to see before really commenting.

I am interested in the synergy changes.  I know my pre-0.9.0 ships had several elites and now the only ones are the ships that needed to become elite to get to the next ship.  I have several with almost no synergy so I might sell those.  My guess is some of the synergy changes are to get more players realistically able to get to T5 since a lot of players quit before finishing T3.  Grind’s going to exist in a F2P game but it has to be balanced on a player’s “playing lifetime.”

sounds good, letz hope for a good patch tomorrow

I’m sorry to say this, but even with the good intentions behind, i’m once again expecting a bad implementation. With recent patches, i became heavily biased.

At least i get a chance to see a better patch than what i expect when it comes out.

[…] My guess is some of the synergy changes are to get more players realistically able to get to T5 since a lot of players quit before finishing T3.  Grind’s going to exist in a F2P game but it has to be balanced on a player’s “playing lifetime.”

Well, 2 points here from me:

• credits have not been balanced to match synergy progression

• i haven’t seen a single company actually caring about ‘playing lifetime’

I’m sorry to say this, but even with the good intentions behind, i’m once again expecting a bad implementation. With recent patches, i became heavily biased.

At least i get a chance to see a better patch than what i expect when it comes out.

I expect nothing, and yet I keep feeling disappointed by them after implementations :frowning:

BUT, these changes seem like little they can screw up, although the %'s are way off IMO.

Im really hoping for the removal or tweak of the MM system for squads and better MM system in general. 

I’m quoting you to make sure you will read me:

What about selling Premium Ships for X% of their original prize? will the be possible, or we only will be able to sell normal ships? I would like to get rid of some ships that got useless after the mod changes…

You won’t be able to sell neither Premium ships nor DLC ships.

Right, so, some of you guys asked how this new system will look like interface-wise, so here’s the treat:

e47857de50536f9517c7e368ac6c.jpg

9fd99f4fee429ad2ce07b4d112d0.jpg

I know there may be some questions, so go on and ask them :wink: