Developer Blog entry from November, 19th. Hidden shipyard raid and update 0.9.10!

Any changes to squad match making?

Not at the moment, no. But we are discussing the polls and statistics (as well as the feedback in polls discussion thread) in order to find out what solution is better.

Wait for further announcements regarding the MM!

No, this feature remains unchanged.

Cooldowns on active modules are weird. I don’t think it’s right, if I die in my recon, with my warpdrive ready to use, I respawn, and suddenly my warpdrive is in recharge. WTF? Logic?

This is extremely annoying. I would understand that my warpdrive is in recharge if I just used it and it was recharging when I died (so if you just used suicide module, for example, it should go full recharge when you die, but not on recharge if you never used it). I like to have my warpdrive ready when I spawn, it’s the reason I pick this class. Now I have to think and switch class every time I die, just because of the weird game mechanic. This is very confusing. It should be like the missiles. It stops suicide/overdrive/warpdrive spam if someone just used it, but does not punish you if you saved it.

Not at the moment, no. But we are discussing the polls and statistics (as well as the feedback in polls discussion thread) in order to find out what solution is better.

Wait for further announcements regarding the MM!

Thanks for the answers!  :salute:

i like t2/t3 love. the third part of the mish sounds fun in a ceptor or frig

i don’t bother the cooldown on suicide, didn’t know / notice any other active modules were affected.

Cooldowns on active modules are weird. I don’t think it’s right, if I die in my recon, with my warpdrive ready to use, I respawn, and suddenly my warpdrive is in recharge. WTF? Logic?

This is extremely annoying. I would understand that my warpdrive is in recharge if I just used it and it was recharging when I died (so if you just used suicide module, for example, it should go full recharge when you die, but not on recharge if you never used it). This is very confusing. It should be like the missiles.

A similar question was already answered: This is considered to tell well on overall balance of fights.

As always, we will continue monitoring the situation with this change in mind.

While you’re at it, can we please have any word on the new maps? You released 2 new PVE scenarios in the last months with beatiful areas, but nothing new for PVP, where we desperately need more maps. 

You could at least rehash the pirate mission and add some beacons to it.

Better the T2 Mining Map. That one would be nice with beacons. 

While you’re at it, can we please have any word on the new maps? You released 2 new PVE scenarios in the last months with beatiful areas, but nothing new for PVP, where we desperately need more maps. 

We remember of PvP too, but at the moment we are working on very interesting, yet difficult things. We do know that you are waiting for new PvP content, but this ‘something’… we want to roll it out to be nice and dandy, thus it takes a bit more time.

Wait for further announcements!

I like it, new PvE mission (some variety) and t3 experimentals ^^

Sweet! Now to see how my styx matches up

We remember of PvP too, but at the moment we are working on very interesting, yet difficult things. We do know that you are waiting for new PvP content, but this ‘something’… we want to roll it out to be nice and dandy, thus it takes a bit more time.

4w0hq.jpg

More than a new map, we need new modes for PvP, they’ll be well received. We need variety.

Agreed. I’d like to see new maps, bigger maps, more dynamic maps/modes. I hope this is what the devs are currently working on!

Fingers crossed for more stellar hazards (asteroid belts, nebula, solar flares etc.) and pvp battles with multiple stages (take down shields, destroy AA guns, fly inside enemy structure & blow up reactor etc) that last longer than 12 minutes. My biggest fear is the introduction of dreadnoughts will be quite basic and dull, like sector conquest was.

Although, any content that involves more than scrapping over beacons would be nice, we’re in space, the possibilities are endless! :wink:

They did move a Beacons here and there …in some of the maps…  I know because they frigging put a Beacon right in one of my hidding spot. :facepalm:  

They did move a Beacons here and there …in some of the maps… I know because they frigging put a Beacon right in one of my hidding spot. :facepalm:

what are you hiding?

Gonna use the maps that people submitted? 

Will there be a MUCH NEEDED change to the current MM ???

At the moment we are gathering statistics and feedback. Should the change be necessary, the need of its implementation will be discussed.

Also the engineer’s warp gate. It became pretty close to worthless with the massive increase in cooldown, but now that it doesn’t reset upon death, there’s absolutely no point in bringing it.

Also the engineer’s warp gate. It became pretty close to worthless with the massive increase in cooldown, but now that it doesn’t reset upon death, there’s absolutely no point in bringing it.

Agreed. Engineers already have to give up valuable healing ability to bring the Gate, but now they’ll get so little use out of it it’s become a non-choice.

Barrier is so much better than gate