Developer Blog. Entry 91 — Moon Race

82924b99eed17885e9af6e60f94b.jpg

Pilots! We continue to share the latest changes that will appear on the game servers in the upcoming updates.

Moon race

In honour of the 2650th anniversary of the first landing on the satellite of the legendary Earth — the Moon, all pilots can participate in a special event — the “Moon Race”!

The operation will begin on June 20 and will last until mid-September. During the whole period, all pilots will be able to earn a special game currency — Xenochips — for completing any missions.

Xenochips can be spent on special rewards during the event.

“Moon Race” will be held in three phases. Each phase has 30 stages. Only th owners of a special bundle can get a reward for all stages. But the first and every fifth reward for the stages will be available to all pilots.

To get a reward, you must unlock the desired stage. The rewards will include bonuses to experience and credits; unique stickers, paintings, taunts and portraits, available to players only during the Moon race; premium license and special unique decor for ships. In order to gain access to the next reward, you need to go through all the previous stages.

You can join a phase at any time when the phase is available.

For the successful completion of each phase, the pilots will get one of the parts of the unique ship, the Jericho guard frigate “Custodian”.

New Jericho guard frigate “Custodian”

bff8c2aeff13a4f14d9397f27c61.jpg

The Custodian frigate is the latest development of the Sentinels, the artificial intelligence left after the Technologists. Donated to UMC to maintain order in the sectors. It has a powerful shield control system. Custodian is armed with a plasma gun and can hide from radars.

The ship is equipped with a special module that, in passive mode, increases shield resistance. When activated, it creates a protective barrier that closes the bow and sides of the ship.

The active module increases shield resistance and also restores hull strength while reducing the speed of the frigate.

The second active module increases ship speed for a short time, but it also reduces shield strength. During the module’s operation, the ship cannot be detected on the radar.

The unique frigate cannon releases plasma bursts. Holding the trigger causes accumulation of plasma charge, which significantly increases the damage and speed of the projectile. When the maximum charge level is reached, the plasma explodes, dealing area damage to the host and its enemies.

New PvE mission “Temple of Last Hope”

75e0654b6c33477800e72262b71b.jpg

The abandoned complex, called the “Temple of Last Hope”, was recently discovered by pilots in the Antares system not far from the famous “Ancient Ruins”, another abandoned complex built by an unknown race.

A quick examination of the complex showed that almost all the systems of the Temple are in working condition. It was even possible to start the generators of the protective field. Under their protection, a certain organization “Ancestor Heritage”, together with the UMC, started studying the interior of the temple complex. Perhaps there, in the dark depths of the mysterious temple catacombs, is the clue to the Monolith tragedy…

During the mission, pilots will have to protect the generator, which is attacked by the constantly arriving waves of opponents.

The wait is almost over! Stay tuned, and see you in space!

Oh no. Another Nyx event.

I’m

Gonna

Lose

So

Much

Time

How much will be that bundle? And can a player get the part without purchasing one?

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Oh no. Another Nyx event.

I’m

Gonna

Lose

So

Much

Time

To be fair the Nyx release event was one of the best events we’ve had before, so if this one isn’t excessively restrictive it could be quite refreshing, even more so since Boremys looks like it has competition now.

Yeah, hopefully it won’t be very time consuming, right in the middle of my exams of all times, but since it’s an announcement it will be a few weeks until it will be released so that’s okay, I guess.

Loving the dark theme tho ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Sounds like Fortnite/Paladins battle pass

7 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

To be fair the Nyx release event was one of the best events we’ve had before

This is very true.

7 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

How much will be that bundle? And can a player get the part without purchasing one?

I’m interested to know about this “bundle” that will be required as well.

Can’t even begin to imagine how much grinding/resources/GS is going to be required for the Custodian…

45 minutes ago, Exarus said:

Can’t even begin to imagine how much grinding/resources/GS is going to be required for the Custodian…

90 missions over 30 days is what it’ll take.

If it’s anything like the Nyx event, it’ll be one for PvP, one for PvE, and one for OS.

This actually looks really cool. I just hope it has plenty of offensive abilities as well, even knowing that its a guard frigate.

Also yeah… I, too, would like to learn more about this bundle.

I have my predictions about the event but I don’t think any of them will be correct right given the parameters aforemhentioned…

Edit: my friends and i have called it “spiny boy”.

26 minutes ago, Comwp_ODG said:

Edit: my friends and i have called it “spiny boy”.

Looks like some animal. Like a rolly-polly/pillbug type critter. Or maybe an armadillo.

New Jericho guard frigate “Custodian”

*CHOMP*

That short trailer looks cool. The shape of both the Custodian and the Nemesis dreadnought look really good together.

Ok so apparently the weapon and one of the active modules are available on trade, and they are being sold by people, but I can’t find them in the atlas, so how come that a handful of people got their hands on them? I assume they drop in OS, and somehow they found where, or it was another case of them popping up somewhere and people buying them at that time, either way, with them we can get some insight about the ship itself, here we have the two culprits:

NcAy737.png nNokarW.png

From their available ranks(and assuming they won’t be changed) Custodian will be a rank 17 ship, hopefully not a Pilgrim situation, we already have enough of a headache with Ze’Ta…

If they drop in OS than you can find Plasmatron in The Source and Pursuit algorithm in Sanctuary.

38 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

From their available ranks(and assuming they won’t be changed) Custodian will be a rank 17 ship, hopefully not a Pilgrim situation, we already have enough of a headache with Ze’Ta…

At least it is currently listed as a r17 ship not only the modules.

19 hours ago, Xah_Rith said:

The xenochips just won’t drop. I’ve tried on every rank to r16 on missions and not 1 chip…

Try completing an Open Space task.

Today absolute stupid decrase to 1 xenochip is very bad    R.I.P Moon Race 

Really who want everyday day grinding stupid quest or long mission for 1 xenochip

3 hours ago, ChevCheliosCZ said:

Today absolute stupid decrase to 1 xenochip is very bad    R.I.P Moon Race 

Really who want everyday day grinding stupid quest or long mission for 1 xenochip

Missions really need to reset at daily reset instead of 24 hours after you last did them. This traps some players and makes the game very painful.

Will our xenochip balances reset when entering the next phase of the Moon Race, or will they carry over?