In our today’s entry we would like to give a review of the year and wish our players a Happy New Year!
We have done a lot in 2013 and Star Conflict is getting closer and closer to release! Of course, we do not plan on stopping after that - we already have some interesting plans on 2014! You can find more in our videoblog entry above! Have a nice view!
Star Conflict Team.
English Text Version
Hello to all pilots of Star Conflict!
2013 comes to an end! In today’s video blog, we would like to give a review of the year and tell our players what we are going to work on next year!
So let’s start! In 2013, we implemented a number of important improvements in the game:
- An important innovation of the year was the ship role system that allowed you to choose a ship to suit your playing style and favourite combat missions.
- To make the roles easier to understand, we also modified ship development trees! By the way, now all of our players can enjoy the sight of their war machine through the “View” option!
- In addition, we reworked the weaponry system and introduced new types of guns with interesting mechanics!
- Besides working on weapons, we have improved the trophy search system. Because of this, you can gradually modify your conventional equipment to turn it into the finest examples of modern space technology!
- As part of corporate content we introduced and then improved the “Sector conquest” game mode where our players can fight for control over locations and receive rewards!
- We also improved game HUD and added the ability to set it up as our players wish!
- New scenarios for PvE were also added, so that our players could deeply feel the atmosphere of the frontier!
- And to make the atmosphere even richer, we added space pirates! Some of the pirate ships are even available to our players!
- Each player can now show off their individuality with the added possibility to customize ship appearance!
- For players who like proving their superiority in battle, we introduced a number of changes and improvements to PvP-modes, and added two new modes: Detonation and Combat recon!
- As for those pilots who want to fight by the rules, we added to a special mode “Custom battle”!
- And of course, we undertook a huge amount of work related to improving the interface, balance, and many other aspects of the game.
- In addition to all these changes, we were constantly working on a new experimental mode that will soon be available to the most dedicated pilots in our game!
As you can see, this year Star Conflict has grown significantly and has become even more interesting! But what awaits our players next year?
And waiting for you are lots of exciting things:
- Primarily, of course, it’s the game’s release! Open Beta testing stage is nearing completion, and thus significant changes of game basics will be minimized! Ahead of us lie new and exciting opportunities! What are those?
- As already mentioned, very soon our pilots will be exploring a new mode — we see it as an open PvP sandbox with its own battlegrounds and purposes free of rules and limits where you can stumble upon fierce battles between players spiced with pirate attacks!
- In addition, we will work to deepen the personalization features in the game.
- Introduction of dreadnoughts is still on the cards — these are special corporate ships to be used in “Sector conquest”. We stand by our word that dreadnoughts will appear in 2014!
- Contracts will be improved and made more flexible!
- Moreover, we plan to continue working on the introduction of new game modes, battlegrounds and missions for both PvP and PvE — because space conflicts are constantly changing! One of the new modes will be the long-awaited Team Deathmatch.
- We also plan to keep working on the competitive part of the game, that is, the introduction of improved team battles and expanded recording capabilities!
Such are our plans for 2014. Of course, in addition to the major listed moments we will deal with other interesting aspects and ideas, and in this, as before, we rely on support and opinions of our players! We want to thank everyone who fought in the vast Star Conflict universe this year, and we invite our players to new battles that await them in the future!