Destroyers are overused

2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_NA said:

T3 and T4 are oversaturated with a single ship class, this is a balance issue unless the developers are throwing away all of their previous work while at the same time keeping the content to trick customers into wasting their time, for what I can only presume as one part cash grab, one part “”"“reward”""" for people who have these op ships so they have something easy to kill due to their casual socialite nature. The real comedy being that when the community is nothing but destroyer owners, they will complain about whatever kills them being too powerful.  There will be a few compor players who remain to take advantage of the oversaturation of whales to harpoon in their own destroyers, and these will be the people that drive the nerf cycle on destroyers.

Taking advantage of stupid people while pretending to be egalitarian and catering to their faults by punishing others. It’s a pretty effective way to make money, but if I’m wrong then they’ll fix this before the game dies and it leaves yet another bad mark.  I’d like to be wrong. I think the playstyle is unique and I’d hate to see it ruined.

I see a max of 2 destroyers on each side when I don’t have a destroyer myself. I get only matches full of destroyers when I have one myself.

Well, anything above 1 per team is probably too much. Beacon hunt gets quite xxxx when there is a blackhole after blackhole on the objective. Gravi Lens should be adjusted to have self and team damage, and preferably shorter duration too.

I see battles where about 40% of people use destroyers and another 40% use ECMs. Let’s just say that this isn’t what I signed up for.

38 minutes ago, Vohvelielain said:

Well, anything above 1 per team is probably too much. Beacon hunt gets quite xxxx when there is a blackhole after blackhole on the objective. Gravi Lens should be adjusted to have self and team damage, and preferably shorter duration too.

I see battles where about 40% of people use destroyers and another 40% use ECMs. Let’s just say that this isn’t what I signed up for.

66%

q62XLXv.jpg

Sometimes it can be fun when it is all destroyers ;p Plus now I think LRF is a counter against ECM again as the EM scatter no longer turns off after the metastable.          

The problem is that with other ships usually you have to choose between heavy artillery or light weapons, and the heavy artillery isn’t guaranteed   to kill the destroyer anyway ;p And the time it takes lets the enemy destroy you before you can get the job done. I suppose you should stay with your destroyer on your team, but if they are a long range camper destro then you can’t really just hang around them the entire match!                                                                     

You don’t need to kill a destroyer to counter it. 

Destroy his mods, and GTFO. Wait a minute and do it again. 

What makes destroyers powerful is they mods, not the fact that they can tank everything. 

It’s kind of hard to shoot at those tiny things with a lot of weapons :wink: While stuff is shooting you :slight_smile:

Adaptive camo, plasma arc, and BOOM everything destroyed instantly.

14 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Adaptive camo, plasma arc, and BOOM everything destroyed instantly.

Has that post something to do with our last encounter? ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

(I am ShapeShifter)

Wait, you arced me ? The only player that managed to arc me was a [NASA] player and I still had half of my mods remaining because I’m flying too fast to arc properly. 

Anyway, I was more thinking about how CO can instant kill a destroyer in survival mode by just pressing one button. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Wait, you arced me ? The only player that managed to arc me was a [NASA] player and I still had half of my mods remaining because I’m flying too fast to arc properly. 

Anyway, I was more thinking about how CO can instant kill a destroyer in survival mode by just pressing one button. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Pair that with Shrapnels and EM rockets with Orion and boy oh boy do you have alpha damage. Way too much fun in Survival ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

31 minutes ago, Mecronmancer said:

Pair that with Shrapnels and EM rockets with Orion and boy oh boy do you have alpha damage. Way too much fun in Survival ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I love going ninja style to their spawn in survival. One-shot a few LRFs and gauss gunships and then run away, usually dying in the process ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) So much fun!

19 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

No the only reason if you see so much destroyers is electrum mission. 

Indeed. The situation will change when we released our new expansion this New Year, it has nothing to do with destroyer class and brings something totally new ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

A little change in electrum mission would solve the problem.

11 minutes ago, Sinaka said:

A little change in electrum mission would solve the problem.

No. 

It’s not a “problem” . Just adapt accordingly knowing that you’ll face more destroyers then usual, like using coil mortar instead of positron, or singularity instead of gauss. 

The event requires a destroyer because they want to give a r14 only if you already have one destroyer . 

Nothing wrong IMO

@Mill: Report that battle for MM fail.
3 player whole match is a fail.

1. Necro(over half a year passed since last post)
  2. Missions.
  3. Destroyer profit from less players. If you have 5+ ships(especially guards/LRF) shooting at you while you make a fly out, do you think you can tank as long as against 1-2 ships?
  4. Wait for the fail mode survival and rip destroyers with ease.

qu9yHog.png