Destroyers are "destroying" pvp game-play.

Eh, destroyers will be completely fine if just limited to 1 or 2 per team. It is this current about 6 destroyers per team trying to get Broker’s missions done thing that is messed up.

Agreed, but I don’t know how to make such “rule” work.

I mean i dunno how they could limit number of destroyers for battles

Destroyers should be put in a seperate game mode or be removed all together.

^this. +1

To be honest, I don’t understand why they were released. Such class was unnecessary in the first place, and even if you wanted to release a new class just for the kicks, most of the problems destroyers have brought should’ve been easily noticed and addressed back in testing stage.

Eh, destroyers will be completely fine if just limited to 1 or 2 per team.

Even if that’s true, please name one other ship role that needs a similar prerequisite in order to be balanced.

But since I don’t think destroyers are going anywhere, +1 for a seperate gamemode for them.

Although, of note: that means dividing the playerbase even more. Wonder where that’ll take us.

Allow only one of the players who have selected a destroyer to spawn at start, and put others on hold until they have selected another type of a ship. Matchmaker should then probably be adjusted to be polite enough to not put multiple people with just a single destroyer prepared onto the same team. Or perhaps starting a game search without valid ship lineup should be prohibited.

Even if that’s true, please name one other ship role that needs a similar prerequisite in order to be balanced.

ECMs. :005j:

As someone who got the destroyer quite early I must say it’s impact on the battle is slowly changes:

1. More and more players are getting it - you constantly see destroyers being built

2. More players (including myself) are still learning how to deal with them - use tactics/focus fire/spin around/avoid death ray and most important do not charge head on (unless you are on a destroyer obviously).

Overall I fell it was too OP when launched because of shocking effect, but its getting better and less OP. I think it is too early to ban them from PvP. Give players some more time to get used to and learn them.

To OP: *sarcastic* Sure! Lets nerf destroyers to the ground like Guards! Make them useless so Covops can still be king. *sarcasm off*

On a serious manner: World Of Warships limits Carriers like that. Im sure SC can limit Destroyers 2 per team/equal between teams as well.

To OP: *sarcastic* Sure! Lets nerf destroyers to the ground like Guards! Make them useless so Covops can still be king. *sarcasm off*

I never said that nerfing destro wuold solve anything. Oh wait, sarcasm ah?

About the “serious” note, yep it could be an idea as others said, still it’ not easy to make that working.

So far whenever i saw a destroyer topic its all about how big they are how good they are how awesome they are which is makes a lot of ppl upsat. I liked the destroyer b4 them i can sense the lack of their awesomeness in that game u can go fast u can tank and u can deal damage but hello!!! u can do all of them with any ship if YOU know how to fly them. 

Check the WHOLE forum about destroyers pls do it u will see a lot of yelling that says “Destroyers are too GOOD”. Too good for what ? What are u comparing it to be? What u want back by removing them from back??? The answer is you want your old glory days that experienced crash the newbies, good fit will always win or work no matter the ship type or class, for short u want your old beatiful days which is still can be obtainable. And btw i didnt saw ONE SINGLE new comer or LESS abilitiy to fit a ship perfectly (like me) complaining about them, all destro haters are elite’s. Why??? Because they changed whole system and now its requares new tactics and new builds. All suggestions about them how hard we can NERF them thats ABSOLUTLY no needed. Yes they are good and yes they can ruin the game IF spammed by enemy.

What am i trying to say is im totally agree with you, ALL of you (especially sponge) BUT nerfing them deleting them isnt the solution u cannot nerf them enough they will ruin it anyway instead u need to prevent spamming them. This can be done by several ways that doesnt requares any Nerf or Buff and can be done simply by making both side happy, so here is my suggestions:

1. Limitting their numbers: Destroyer’s mission is suppressing right? So u need to put your enemies head under the cover. Then your team can farm the kills or capture the beacons ecc ecc. This is how you make them work in SC just like any other class and roles. But if you let ppl spam the destro’s this will be a booring match even for the winning team. To prevent this u need to limit the max destro’s in a team. This can be depend on max player per team or could be fixed number both should work. So when i entered a battle i could say “hmm we already have a Destro and in that battle we need a fast one so i will take my recon”. Which means taking a Recon is more importand then taking a Destro that also means if im a skilled recon player we can win that battle without needed another über skilled pilot.

1. Dont let destroyers respawn: If you lost your destroyer its done u cannot bring another destroyer. This is it game will say “no more destroyer for you”. Which means if you destroy a destroyer u really destroyed a destroyer.There ISN’T a better reward than this for killing it (which is second MOST suggested thing in the forum about them, making them more gainfull more loot or synergy ecc ecc). So the pilot force to use his other roles other ships that not a destro. This option not prevent the destro spam in the begining but if u a skillful destro pilot u can make an average team win in a destro versus destro battle (Assumed your team have enough destroyer to handle the situation).

Theese are my suggestion i played a lot and read a lot forum about them and here is the result’s. 

About that Guard frigate sponge, i totally disagree with you a well fitted guard even in the average skilled pilot (which can cover and shoot or can use right modules in the right time) is my worst nightmare when im in my destro. With anomaly and HB with curved (coils works too in range ) with a little bit manueverability can be hug a destroyer faster than another destro (Crus S perfect for this)

For short no need to nerf or delete them besides in the higher tiers destroyers wont be that much problem even with current mechanics because of the fire power and toughness of builds in that tiers (for example in t3 nukes are good in t5 nukes are useless because of the hull/shield tank or resist of that tiers). I personelly prefer option 1.

Given that the devs have never limited LRFs, even though the LRF count has been a predictor of results for years (more LRFs = lost game), there won’t be a limit on destroyer numbers.

I’d just ban them from PvP. They need to go. And I say that as someone who enjoys using them.

I think the easiest and quickest think to ‘try’ is not letting them respawn, and see how that goes. Increase rewards for taking one down and increase the repair costs for flying one.

If that doesn’t solve the problem then look at limiting the amount per team. 2 seems to be a good number.

About that Guard frigate sponge, i totally disagree with you a well fitted guard even in the average skilled pilot (which can cover and shoot or can use right modules in the right time) is my worst nightmare when im in my destro. With anomaly and HB with curved (coils works too in range ) with a little bit manueverability can be hug a destroyer faster than another destro (Crus S perfect for this)

Once again: i never talked about balance: nerfing them or buffing other ships. Nope, that would be quite impossible to make without upset everythings.

About guards: you “could be right” considering only team battle (and believe me it’s not entirely true, in team battle if a guard is out of cover/isolated it became the first and easier target), but what about gamemodes where you need to move your guard in order to acquire/defend objectives? Can’t count on cover -> easy target.

Interceptors are “destroying” pvp game-play

Destroyers are fine, no need to nerf or buff but there shouldnt be more than 2 destroyer or 3 in each team

Interceptors are op, can destroy destroyers in 1v1, nerf em.

I think the easiest and quickest think to ‘try’ is not letting them respawn, and see how that goes. Increase rewards for taking one down and increase the repair costs for flying one.

If that doesn’t solve the problem then look at limiting the amount per team. 2 seems to be a good number.

Exactly…

Once again: i never talked about balance: nerfing them or buffing other ships. Nope, that would be quite impossible to make without upset everythings.

About guards: you “could be right” considering only team battle (and believe me it’s not entirely true, in team battle if a guard is out of cover/isolated it became the first and easier target), but what about gamemodes where you need to move your guard in order to acquire/defend objectives? Can’t count on cover -> easy target.

Well same things are also could be happen even if you got a destroyer such going too open without a cover enemy guards and lrf even can easly torp and eat you

Interceptors are “destroying” pvp game-play

Destroyers are fine, no need to nerf or buff but there shouldnt be more than 2 destroyer or 3 in each team

Interceptors are op, can destroy destroyers in 1v1, nerf em.

HAHHAAHAHAHHA

Guys. 

Come to T5. There are no destroyers there.  :008j:

yet

yet

Might have to go t2 after that…

Guys. 

Come to T5. There are no destroyers there.  :008j:

yet

Sureeeeeeeeee

4e2063918c5291df8a1492a209e6b39f.jpg

I will be a T2 elite  :)

It’s settled then, let’s move to T2 and eliminate the threat (any newbs who want to go to T3 and build destroyers) before it becomes dangerous. That sounds like a plan and prolly the last option once all tiers cept low tiers have destroyers.

You have my Shark!

O_o

…eliminate the threat (any newbs who want to go to T3 and build destroyers) before it becomes dangerous…

That’s evil but it’s for the Greater Good - I’m in.