Destroyers and Turtles

New info for Destroyers! If you get targeted by a Turtle enemy you are screwed, as you cannot break their shield to hurt them. Only allies , or piercing modules can kill them if they target you.

I see this becoming problematic in the future, especially since you removed the Repulsor and black hole modules.

I see this becoming problematic in the future, especially since you removed the Repulsor and black hole modules.

They will come but delayed.

Explosives can hurt them through their shield.

Explosives can hurt them through their shield.

And the list of explosives that you have on a Destroyer is very limited.

Activate your Plasma Turret if you have one, It penetrates Turtle’s shield and damages it - destroys it (in 2 shot I think)

Also activating blaster turret also can destroy Turtles

there plenty of ways to deal with them

• warp to the side

• plasma turret

• pyro beam

• tempest launcher

• not being an idiot and use your team mates as a bait

there plenty of ways to deal with them

• warp to the side

• plasma turret

• pyro beam

• tempest launcher

• not being an idiot and use your team mates as a bait

Warp to the side doesn’t function. They rearrange to your position. And if your teammates don’t do anything… then yeah…

they don’t “just rearrange” they have turning speed, it is not instant, and you can confuse them and make them bump into obstacles as well while they turn, and from behind it takes about a second to kill with destroyers mezons.

And if everything is on cooldown/busted because they are shooting too close to your hull???

The EM destroyer weapon had better be explosive.

And if everything is on cooldown/busted because they are shooting too close to your hull???

The EM destroyer weapon had better be explosive.

It is a T3, you gotta be doing something reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong to get in such situation

*9 turtles crowd around me while mods are on cooldown, they push in to my shield, ram me a bunch, and proceed to tear apart my hull because they are so close, destroying modules in the process*

They stick to your hull bouncing on their shields, and since they are so close they bypass your shield altogether.

Well, but it is your fault for letting them close to you

I havent got any issue with destroyers at PVE, actually it seems really easy…cant tell for sure if its because of destroyers or that T2-3 PVE is too easy with randoms, cant wait for T4-5 PVEing with destroyers :smiley:

Well then - solution is easy. Don’t take destroyer to fire support mission. It’s the same no-no as you would take tackler or ECM for this mission. If you fly with trusted teammates that are smart and have coil mortar or bubbles, then yeah, why not. Destroyer will help to take cruiser down after all turrets are killed (tempest is almost useless on that map, and lrf with coil mortar will do twice the damage to turrets). 

wut?! tempest is ridiculously awesome. It clear turtles, destroys turrets of the cruiser and deals a lot of dmg to the cruiser (while you warm up the cruiser hull with meson)…its like adding an extra 8 turrets with meson at max RoF + curved for 6 seconds. I really cant see whats the problem with turtles, kost already named plenty of easy to use counters against them (its not far from being a click to win)…and saying that turtles destroy your modules is a lame excuse for not activating static barriers in time. Only problem i see with destroyers at Fire support is when you face the cruiser right after spawn, since dodging turrets is not a valid option unless you are pretty far, and the DD cant survive the cruiser if turrets arent destroyed fast. 

T2-3 PVE is really easy, can be definately completed with any ship. I had plenty of fun doing PVE in my destroyer over and over, but now im on standby for T4-5, where difficulty is on a proper level for random queue…considering the average team mates you get.

Static barriers are trash against turtles. So are shields. They ran you and push you with their shields so they can damage your hull directly. I was recently on one again, but in my Scimitar (T4 Guard) and one came from above, slammed me in to the ground, and ripped open my hull without so much as touching my shields.

Only problem i see with destroyers at Fire support is when you face the cruiser right after spawn, since dodging turrets is not a valid option unless you are pretty far, and the DD cant survive the cruiser if turrets arent destroyed fast.

I didn’t have much problem mitigating most of the turrets by putting obstacles between my xxxx and turrets, until i cleared engines and half the turrets, then you can come out and tank the rest, EM turrets hurt big time though, but tempest launcher clearing everything in no time 70 000 dmg per salvo is pretty boss.

Static barriers are trash against turtles. So are shields. They ran you and push you with their shields so they can damage your hull directly. I was recently on one again, but in my Scimitar (T4 Guard) and one came from above, slammed me in to the ground, and ripped open my hull without so much as touching my shields.

They don’t just “come from the top”, they always spawn in same location, every single time so if one came to you - that is your own fault.

AI can do some weird manoeuvres when hit, you do know this.

The one good thing a Procyon speed is for

I like turtles