Destroyers and T5

First off,  Yes, new update coming soon and its gonna fix everything.  Great so glad to hear that.

But I don t understand why you would ever make a 300-400K ehp dessy have instant hit weapons ?  With more dps than any gunship ever.  I have been paying a premium license for years I think its going on 3. Because I enjoy this game and I want to support it. (Please look up my account if you don’t believe me)  Making massive changes to with destroyers fine for me as they have a hard time with hitting interceptors.  Sorry fighters and frigates.  And it makes sense large targets not able to hit small targets sure.  I didn’t care when you brought out auto targeting weapons on dessy’s, instant kill weapons to interceptors if you can hit them, Unlimited 7 second 10K dmg projectiles, heck a destablizing field weapon that acts like a plasma web but 10x the damage if you move (that in itself is crazy.) I honestly feel that I have put up with a lot of Bull.  But finally this is over the top.  You bring out a weapon that is very accurate with insane dps and expect us to just accept it.  We saw it on the video demonstration the commentator was losing his mind on how over powered this is.  Yet its still introduced.  This new weapon in the below match was more effective than his entire team and the kills and score confirm this. As you can see below interceptors couldn’t get within 4k with out being obliterated. . . and lets face it, I wasn’t going in a straight line.  I would say fix it but from everything I have seen this year why don’t you leave it.  Why don’t you give it another buff.

pUBdtwj.png

I’m not even going to touch this one…

Spoiler

Crap! I touched it…

What exactly are these instant hit weapons? Normally, such weapons have disadvantages that balance them. For example, they might be ineffective against strongly armored enemies. If u think balance is bad, make an adjustment how you would like it!

1 hour ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I’m not even going to touch this one…

Reveal hidden contents

Crap! I touched it…

I will

It’s survival mode, pretty much everything is instant kill

The problem i see with the latest update is the enourmeous dmg buff from stabilizing field dropping it by at least 40% would do great. The beacon AoE was also unnecessary (and i would prefer it being removed). The destabilizing field hits in total a bit less than a guard pulsar (if i recall correctly), difference is you get hit by running, not by staying inside range…the first ticks deal very little dmg, offering the possibility to find a place to cover and stop, so mostly it ends up on how smart the destroyer player is: firing it in a spot where you cant stand still for some seconds (7?) cause otherwise you will get hit by his main weapons. And for static shields ill repeat my opinion once again: they are too tough and need a nerf.

The vacuum laser dmg buff was ok, the AoE charge time to 0,5 secs was ok too. IDK what to thing about the minelayer.

BTW: i dont see that laser as an easier weapon to hit any target, it lacks aim assist…and in mid/long ranges aim assist can really provide a huge advantage if the proyectile speed is fast enough. Basically its a dot vs the leading circle; the 2nd one is much bigger, thus easier to hit when the lead circle is bigger than the ship hitbox (and proy speed/dodging variables).

Consider this: Vigilant, broken spacial stabilizer, super long range vacuum laser. Why dont we just remove frigs and fighters completly?

I think so Star conflict will be a Fractured Space Or Dreadnought clone.

2 hours ago, Papitas said:

The beacon AoE was also unnecessary (and i would prefer it being removed).

It actually doesn’t work ingame, I tried in several gamemodes. The only difference I noticed with the AoE is that it now affects destroyers when you hit their static barrier (but not the goddamned Turdles in PvE).

8 hours ago, AdamWest said:

a destablizing field weapon that acts like a plasma web but 10x the damage if you move

The max damage the destabilizing field does is aproximately 13883 thermal damage which is 3.87 times more than what plasma web does (with mk.4 weapon). I’m not saying it’s not OP but I’d just hate to see it get nerfed. :)) Also, your video shows 128 ping so the accuracy of the way you took damage might be off. I think the game’s engine does not take high ping well.

2 hours ago, Scar6 said:

super long range vacuum laser

Same base range as the destroyer EM weapons. Although it is much easier to get them to 9km range with the spatial stabilizer. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Personally, I find the laser Vigilant incredibly OP against frigates, as they are large targets and the amount of instant DPS is incredibly hard to survive unless you get into cover fast. But it is not nearly as affective aganst small targets that you simly can’t get a full tick of damage against. Certainly not at a distance. And even if you broadside an enemy destroyer with 80% more damage, you will still loose against a Halo Launcher as it does 100% more damage to you even without a bonus from the main module. And the Photon Emitter will make you take even more EM damage. IMHO the Vigilant did not bring any new problem into PvP, it’s just another Destroyer which are a problem themselves but the Vigilant alone did nothing wrong.

Well, beam cannons are pretty much the only reason to pick a frigate instead of a destroyer. Now one destroyer has a beam weapon too, coupled with a special module that gives +15% range and +80% damage. That’s several kinds of f*cked up sh*t all rolled into one.

10 hours ago, Gr0undZero said:

It’s survival mode, pretty much everything is instant kill

Your wrong, If you can’t hit your target, it’s not instant kill.  All projectile weapons (except for phaser) would have missed an interceptor from 4-5 K away doing a strafe turn at 543 ms.  With aim assist on. You don’t believe me do a custom match and prove yourself wrong.

5 hours ago, SuDoKu said:

I think so Star conflict will be a Fractured Space Or Dreadnought clone.

I think star conflict brought in dessys because of fractured space and Dread.  With the ideology why pay to fly big ships in dread or fractured when you can get them here for free . . . with grind of course.  How they were introduced an balanced is debatable.

6 hours ago, Papitas said:

BTW: i dont see that laser as an easier weapon to hit any target, it lacks aim assist…and in mid/long ranges aim assist can really provide a huge advantage if the proyectile speed is fast enough. Basically its a dot vs the leading circle; the 2nd one is much bigger, thus easier to hit when the lead circle is bigger than the ship hitbox (and proy speed/dodging variables).

Honestly, First time I have seen you wrong.  I normally always agree with you. Aim assist will only perfectly aim where the target path was when you fired.   Thus, if you are 4-5K away with a gauss shot at 5000ms and the target turns like i did while going 545ms.  Your gauss projectile will miss every time.  As aim assist helps with the path the target was going.  Thus, from range all the variables in this instance a laser would have a large advantage with the assumption that the player had good aim.

3 hours ago, FilthHound said:

The max damage the destabilizing field does is aproximately 13883 thermal damage which is 3.87 times more than what plasma web does (with mk.4 weapon). I’m not saying it’s not OP but I’d just hate to see it get nerfed. :)) Also, your video shows 128 ping so the accuracy of the way you took damage might be off. I think the game’s engine does not take high ping well.

13883 thermal damage - you act as if its not a big deal!!!  That’s most CovOps effective hit points … .  normally their EHP is from 10K -15K depending on speed tank vs actual tank. The number 1 rule in a interceptor is don’t stop.  If you do you die.  Well with this weapon you see your hull go down with only a indicator to the top of your hud.  Then you must stop your ship or you die in the hopes that you had 75% hull and shield before you got hit to survive the 5k-13k damage.  3.87 times more than plasma web, that’s a cov ops signature ability if a cov ops had that type of dps output people would lose their mind.  But its a destroyer so its ok.  Are you kidding me.

My ping. . . the games engine does take response time quite well.  The laser alpha’d my hull and that’s why I died.  Not because icmp return trip time.

Regardless of your feelings toward destroyers, You saw the video, you saw the players score.I think we can all agree that geting killed before you can get in range, getting killed that quickly facing an opponent with 400K ehp while you have 10K ehp and the fact that all of the destroyers weapons provide a crap ton more damage then a ship that’s designed to get in quickly kill and get out, which originally was designed for the highest damage output in the game for a short period is BROKEN !!  Destroyers should not have pin point accuracy. . .  destroyers shouldn’t be the do everything ship.  You want to area denial take a dessy,  You want to tank more than any ship in the game take a dessy.  You want to provide the highest damage in the game take a dessy.  And finally you want to have pin point strikes on interceptors from 5-9k away.  Take a dessy.  What is this ships weakness now.  Your an ecm well you can’t get within 4K and you die.  Your a gunship well your dps and tank cannot sustain damage from a dessy. You pop out from cover now there are instant hit weapons, as soon as you pop out your taking damage.  Your a frigate . …  well you never had a chance in the first place.  Your an LRF.  This thing is pin point accuracy up to 9k and has 400K ehp while you have 50-60K.  The last remaining option is a dessy . . . well xxxx that’s not a counter.  So much effort was put into dessys with no consideration to any other class except for premium and even that was mediocre.

Spoiler

c15582fd1b26d18fc542a0644423d5e839c629cc

I tried to warn you! I won’t touch…

I do agree 101% to Adam.

1 hour ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Reveal hidden contents

c15582fd1b26d18fc542a0644423d5e839c629cc

I tried to warn you! I won’t touch…

He’s mad but he’s right. I’m mad as well. I hope there is a massive rebalance in this coming patch, but the recent buff to the empire rank 14 dessie shows that there probably won’t be…

1 minute ago, MightyHoot said:

Mr OP can’t farm newbies like he use to so he blames lovely dessies for every mistake he makes. So sorry to hear about all your problems OP.

46719249.jpg

12 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

Mr OP can’t farm newbies like he use to so he blames lovely dessies for every mistake he makes. So sorry to hear about all your problems OP.

I still farm newbies and my kill ratio has not changed your points are about as valid as superman having butt sex with ironman in the north pole.

I dont know what to think anymore, op, not op, op, not op.

Skills are OP yet I don’t see anyone complaining about this ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

22 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

I dont know what to think anymore, op, not op, op, not op.

you were in that game. . . op.

The problem is though, skils are UP against destroyers. They are totally useless.

3 hours ago, AdamWest said:

you were in that game. . . op.

lol first time in a long time to see lasers actually going out cray cray tho