Destroyer Rework Suggestion

Hi, i think destroyers are overnerfed and dragged into the ground, lost their primary role of suppressing basically. i think it is time to completely overhaul them.

• Destroyers no more Suppressor class. Change them to Bulwark class.

Bulwark Class description and features:

After countless experiments, analyzing and assessing the current as well as past conflicts it is deemed that Suppressor class destroyers lost their effectiveness and both UMC, Empire, Federation and Jericho is in need of a redesign. Featuring even more armor and defensive means to turn the tide of battle, newly designed bulwark class focuses at close range brawls and protection of allies instead of long range artillery support. Designed to be in thick of battle, they embolden and empower allies and themselves through protection and screening.

Features:

• Every Destroyer is replaced with their Mark II variants, boasting more armor and shields(plus faction unique mechanics), unique shielding method or drone suppot. Weakness Area removed completely as well and replaced with “Thanatos” Shielding

-UMC decided that all modules and weapons are available with either Xenocrystals, drops from Specops or really hefty amounts of credits (4-5m per weapon and module, as well as upgrading them requires 10x more loyalty)

Thanatos Shielding:

-Destroyers take %45 less damage from non Explosive damage sources. %70 more damage from explosive guns and ship abilities, %450 more damage from Missiles and Torpedoes.

-Static Shielding is replaced with EDS (Explosive Deterrant Shielding) which is a moveable single shield that blocks %99 of explosive damage on a single location and can be moved around the ship by holding right click. Activated and deactivated by tapping right click and constantly drains your energy reserves at a slow-moderate pace.

-Repair Drones replaced with PD Drones that shoots at incoming missile and torpedoes, shoots have a chance to confuse missiles and cause them turn on enemies. Automatically deployed like engineer drones, shoots with right click and drains energy at fast pace.

Energy Router MK II is their special module now. Tapping F causes to change bonuses. Holding causes to toggle Overcharge at cost of constant energy drain and periodically cause self damage with the benefit of 4x multiplier to active bonus.

-Wormhole is changed to “Hermes” Drive. Tapping the button jumps ship 3km forward or if ally targeted teleport to ally in 5km radius. Holding causes emergency microwarp after 4 second charge with self damage plus completely depleting energy. Minimum 10km distance. Scales with energy available up to 35km. Cooldown for noncharge mode is 60 seconds. Cooldown for Charge mode is 120 sec.

-New Module: “Deimos” Battle Interface:

-Destroyer links with allies to bolster itself and up to 3 ally’s Damage Resistance, regeneration rates and grants additional layer of shielding, drains energy to maintain.

-You can now install a pair of blaster or EM turrets.

Base survivability increased by %150(%70 for Federation)

Federation maneuvrability boosted by %25

Empire now have %100 hull %0 shield ratio, router shield recharge bonus repair hull at %40 effectiveness on empire destroyers.

Jericho now have %25 hull %75 shield ratio

Empire and Jericho maneuvrability further nerfed by %15

As their role supposed to change to true close range behemoths, they cannot keep such long ranges on their weapons amymore.

All weapons will have their maximum range reduced by %25 optimum by %40, damage increased by %25 to have them greater at closer ranges.

Destroyer specific weapons:

Vigilant Laser MK II: Does more damage closer the enemy instead of DoT burn.

Tyrant Kinetic Gun MK II: Tapping fire key makes them behave like Artillery Cannon with rather longer range, Holding turns them into high damage high spread gatling gun

Sirius New Weapon: Behaves like Mortar, fires one by one, however deals non-explosive damage and fires fast, inaccurate shots rapidly.

So no one gives a damn about destroyers i see?

i like most of the suggestions but this opinion:

On 12/21/2017 at 8:34 AM, TheShooter36 said:

As their role supposed to change to true close range behemoths, they cannot keep such long ranges on their weapons amymore.

this belief scares me, destroyers are meant for long range, hence the suppression class, brawling is a play-style that i don’t think should be used one destroyers

10 hours ago, TheShooter36 said:

![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)      it has its history - the balancing the destroyers story 

On 28/12/2017 at 8:01 PM, TheShooter36 said:

Right now the developers don’t seem to give a damn about the state of destroyers. Until we see the current iterations become a balanced class I doubt a complete overhaul of any sorts would come to light sadly.

Nobody wants bigger Guard frigates. I think the opposite of that suggestion would be better:

• REDUCE destroyers hull and shield strength by 35%.

• Remove the extra damage up close

• Reduce Repair costs to standard

• Reduce respawn time to standard

• Reduce main weapon damage by 25%

• increase plasma/blaster turret rotation speed to 180deg/s, reduce blaster turret slowing effect to 25%

On 29.12.2017 at 8:41 PM, Scar6 said:

Nobody wants bigger Guard frigates. I think the opposite of that suggestion would be better:

• REDUCE destroyers hull and shield strength by 35%.  :heavy_check_mark:

• Remove the extra damage up close    :heavy_check_mark:

• Reduce Repair costs to standard  :heavy_check_mark:

• Reduce respawn time to standard  :heavy_check_mark:

• Reduce main weapon damage by 25%  :heavy_check_mark:

• increase plasma/blaster turret rotation speed to 180deg/s, reduce blaster turret slowing effect to 25% :heavy_check_mark:

- all as above plus:

- double the shield regeneration rate and give some decent hull repair rate

- give it second missile slot and/or second main gun slot or 1 additional active module slot

On 29.12.2017 at 8:41 PM, Scar6 said:

• REDUCE destroyers hull and shield strength by 35%.

• Remove the extra damage up close

• Reduce Repair costs to standard

• Reduce respawn time to standard

• Reduce main weapon damage by 25%

• increase plasma/blaster turret rotation speed to 180deg/s, reduce blaster turret slowing effect to 25% remove blaster turret slowing effect, since it had no place in the game to begin with

Corrected it for you.

(Fun fact: Did you know that blaster turret did not have a slowing effect when destroyers were released?)

I would add one more thing.

Make Destroyer modules non-destructible because you can’t target or lock them.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

What has the one thing to do with the other?

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

The same could be said for engineer drones.

Trying to shoot down individual destroyer modules is the only thing that can make fighting destroyers interesting. It would result in a really boring ‘waiting from the healthbar to shrink’ otherwise.

5 hours ago, Koromac said:

Yes - it is hard to fire on them from a frigate pilot’s perspective !

16 hours ago, avarshina said:

Yes - it is hard to fire on them from a frigate pilot’s perspective !

Use coil mortar. Then it is impossible to not destroy them as collateral damage.

Also the weakspots are probably for inteceptors and fighters to target them.