Destroyer Perfect Balance Tweak

I suggest adding a “Nanite Factory” and a “Bridge” interactible portion to the existing Destroyers. The new interactible stations would function as follows:

Nanite Factory:

Regenerates the Hull at a rate of 300 pts/s, but when destroyed, deals 50,000 damage to the hull, because all of the nanites self-destructing across the hull. It should have enough health to be able to survive a CovOps Plasma Arc, but still be destroyable.

Bridge:

This is where the control-center of the destroyer is. It has the most health of any module, but once destroyed, renders the ship’s main weapons, secondary shields, and engines useless until it is rebuilt.

Thoughts?

I had thought of a “Shield Generator” but that is pretty much just the Capacitor.

Compensating controversy mechanic with broken negative effect is not going to make end result any better.

And the bridge? Your comment on it?

Also would you mind sharing how you would fix this situation? (Not removing it completely, but a genuine example of a module like it that would be more balanced)

1. what happened to ignoring my comment?

2. You wanna give healing to destroyers - put it instead of their static shields, so they have either uber tank or recovery mechanics, not both.

1. You wanna give healing to destroyers - put it instead of their static shields, so they have either uber tank or recovery mechanics, not both.

This is a fantastic idea. *suggestion engines revving up*

Perfect balance tweak will be moving them to separate gamemode.

Should I change the title to “Destroyer Perfect Balance Tweak That Doesn’t Involve Removing Them From PvP”?

Should I change the title to “Destroyer Perfect Balance Tweak That Doesn’t Involve Removing Them From PvP”?

Yes. Because they’re here, and they’re already a player ship, not a corp ship, so they’re here in great numbers.

So what to do?

There’s balancing on the side of the developers that will surely need to be done, as in any sweeping new game change like adding destroyers (it hasn’t been that long so far, people, give them time to balance things).

There’s also the balancing of our own interceptors / fighters / frigates - and, get this, [us] balancing [our own] play styles. Change requires change.

The game is changing, and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But most of the anti-destroyer comments I see are simply people who are not adapting to change, and frankly, unwilling to try.

But change is here, regardless. Learn to adapt or don’t, it’s on you.

I suggest adding a “Nanite Factory” and a “Bridge” interactible portion to the existing Destroyers. The new interactible stations would function as follows:

As for this idea, I like the general idea of destructible parts of a ship.

There was also another post somewhere a day or two ago (I think - can’t find it) where someone recommended being able to damage other parts of the ship - like the engines, or the guns.

If you’re going to allow destructible / reconstructable parts, where do you stop? Bridge+Repair Station // Bridge+Repair Station+Engines // Bridge+Repair Station+Engines+Guns // Bridge+Repair Station+Engines+Guns+Modules // etc

And as you implement this in one type of ship, will people start wanting it to apply to other types of ships for fairness and balance? Frigates, then fighters, then even interceptors.

What sweeping change will this have on all game mechanics in the end result? Will all of these new assets being tracked create a much greater server load and more problems?

I don’t know. I just ask.

Lots of dots to connect.

Engines can already be destroyed, they just have lots of health.

Also, I’d be perfectly fine with allowing active modules and engines to be destroyed on standard ships as well. It’s definitely doable.

First thing to balance destroyers in pvp is remove the active module Wormhole projector in pvp. ONLY IN PVP. Keep the module for OS and PVE. 

You take mobility and you make the destructor less useful without making it weaker. It may even be good for the destroyers not separate and isolate themselves.

First thing to balance destroyers in pvp is remove the active module Wormhole projector in pvp. ONLY IN PVP. Keep the module for OS and PVE.

You take mobility and you make the destructor less useful without making it weaker. It may even be good for the destroyers not separate and isolate themselves.

Or severely hamper its use in PvP. Maybe 3x reload or half range or something. I don’t usually use it for mobility, but for quickly evading a black-hole or tempest volley.

One thing to note: If you destroy the engine, you only remove the afterburner. You can fly normally around like you do, just with no afterburner. Even the symbole for this is the same as the tackler-module-disabling-afterburner one.(First thought some random guy was idiotic and casted a debuff in the area next to me…)

To the destroyed thingies: What does the 50k do to a destroyer focusing on hull? Yes it’s more as a scratch, but less of a real harmful effect. Second: If you make modules/parts to healthy(can survive an arc) they will hardly be destroyed. Out of AoE effects of death, doom and pain, normal attacks don’t harm often parts.

To the destroyer Q.Q again: You guys haven’t take a minute to think about them or?

Wormhole projector has 1(!) minute CD. Second: Other destroyer classes have no access to them.

Sometimes I think that it’s just because of destroyer that you Q.Q. Why you don’t Q.Q about jump gate on engie/reverse jump on LRF? They do next to the same.