destroyer maintenance cost

i’ve just unlocked my 1st destroyer, archon, its lot of what i expected it to be, but there is a little problem, lets say, and interceptor activates stealth module, sneaks close to your ship and activates plasma arc module, due to 2,5x damage multiplier, arc deals ~40.000 thermal damage alone, with help of tactical nuke and gund, a single interceptor can bring down whole destroyers, thats fine, but…

i’ve spend lot of time to get to destroyer, yet it costs 40.000 per spawn, for ‘‘missiles’’ + 40.000 credits for repair, thats 80 k repair, while the interceptor has like 10 k repair, in my opinion, cost should be lowered to like 15.000-20.000 credits per spawn, 10k for repair, 5-10k for ‘‘missiles’’

2 hours ago, jandaro said:

i’ve just unlocked my 1st destroyer, archon, its lot of what i expected it to be, but there is a little problem, lets say, and interceptor activates stealth module, sneaks close to your ship and activates plasma arc module, due to 2,5x damage multiplier, arc deals ~40.000 thermal damage alone, with help of tactical nuke and gund, a single interceptor can bring down whole destroyers, thats fine, but…

i’ve spend lot of time to get to destroyer, yet it costs 40.000 per spawn, for ‘‘missiles’’ + 40.000 credits for repair, thats 80 k repair, while the interceptor has like 10 k repair, in my opinion, cost should be lowered to like 15.000-20.000 credits per spawn, 10k for repair, 5-10k for ‘‘missiles’’

The whole idea of using the destroyer is to know when to use it. Destroyers in random PvP games rarely have their place at all due to lack of the team support. The game is built on a rock-paper-scissor principle. Covert ops is a natural enemy of dessie, where dessie has a lot of firepower and can suppress multiple frigates at once. Destroyer never meant to be a 1v1 ship it was always AoE suppressor. If the team can’t support a dessie, then just don’t deploy it, otherwise it will be just an easy prey. 

Destroyers are long overdue for an overhaul/rebalance and unfortunately the developers are either:
A) Too lazy to do it
or
B) Too busy with larger projects to do it
And as a result Destroyers are in the place they are now. The weakest class at close range almost, only second to Long Range Frigates who never had any EHP to begin with

To add to what Niri said regarding when to use a Destroyer; this mostly applies to the Rank 8 and 11 Destroyers as Rank 14 and above can have access to “Heavy Repelling Drones” if you picked them up from their respective events (they’ll likely be re-released at some point in the future) which allows for Destroyers to keep Plasma Arcs and Stingrays away from the 1km AoE.

For the Rank 8 and 11’s just keep an eye on the enemy team list when spawning and look for Covert Ops ships or Stingrays as they are the prime suspects for surprise ganking. If you see either of them, don’t bother spawning in a Rank 8 or 11 Destroyer as Plasma Arc is a much more common module than you’d think and Stingray is far too capable of running in, getting a kill and running away unscathed…

my problem isnt that i died, but that i have to pay 80 k credits per spawn to maintain it, it shouldnt be more than 30 k 

7 hours ago, jandaro said:

my problem isnt that i died, but that i have to pay 80 k credits per spawn to maintain it, it shouldnt be more than 30 k 

There was a discussion about it multiple times. From what I remember the decision to have the high maintenance cost (repair and ammo) is to have destroyers used sparingly and only when situation dictates it. 

Also taking them to random PvP (especially those lower ranks) is a mistake most of the time. R14 dessies can defend themselves most of the time, R8 and R11 rely on the team to defend them. 

(BTW: PvP is the worst way to earn money in this game - if credits are your problem, then better check the other modes).

On 1/6/2021 at 1:08 AM, niripas said:

BTW: PvP is the worst way to earn money in this game - if credits are your problem, then better check the other modes

yeah, i noticed, peharps we get PvP credit boost at least? (i have fun in that game mode)