Destroyer-Covert Ops Plasma Arc issue..

Hmm

Absolutely not. A maxed out rank 13 plasma arc deals 7k thermal damage. And everyone has thermal resistance on hull. To my knowledge, Plasma ark doesn’t deal explosive damage, so it doesn’t have any bonus damage on destroyers.

Then they are probably brain dead. If that Covert Ops wasn’t using Adaptive Camo, they have serious problems… But anyway, even if the CovOps dealt full damage with its ark, in no way that can kill you. Even if it destroys all your modules, wait 1 min and they’ll be up again. If you’ve taken serious damage to the hull, go near an engineer or use Heavy Repair drones instead of static shields. Also, covert ops are designed specifically to get behind enemy lines, destroy quickly one ship and get out. Why should it be different with destroyers? 

Yea, that plasma arc deals 7kx3 what is 7+7=14+7? 21 +Lowerd resits thanks to tackler.

\

This is exactly the type of topic post that is so polarising that one would be forgiven to think it was trolling.

Please tell me this is a bug! And the developers did not make this a reality!! I had high hopes for this game until this came… I have no idea how in the H*** this is possible or why the developers would impliment this… its unfair in so many ways it cannot be listed, here are some examples.

1. Destroyers are slow-hard to turn and dont have firepower behind them. 

2. Their Hull inplace with the module destruction… its horrbily low and it averages out to an Empire LRF(if you have 100k and loose 60k)

3. Why the hell doesnt your shield block damage? What is it? just a blue circle of prettiness?

Do you think its fair that a new player with limited knowledge of game mechanics can so hugely influence the the balance of power in a match?

Or that every other slower ship class has to keep an eye out for cloaked covops but for some reason because you got into a destroyer that this does not apply to you?

1. Should they be made more manuveurable then? Wouldnt that be unbalanced?

2. Does your shield and ability to regenerate it cease to exist in the archon? No. Sounds like focus fire when the enemy team saw a weakened destroyer. Thats proper teamplay at work. ie how games are really won.

3. Every ship has a shield bubble that can be bypassed at almost point blank range. See my 1st comment about limited knowledge.

Even though slightly reasonable, that is not true in Star Conflict.

The regular shields of ships (not the destroyer missile slot barrier) absorb damage from anywhere.

It is only the Plasma Arc and the Gravitational Lens that ignores shields and damages the hull directly.

Every ship has a shield bubble that can be bypassed at almost point blank range. See my 1st comment about limited knowledge.

copy/paste but there are vids of it or go custom with friend an see for yourself.

See, this is the maddnesss I am talkign about. New players… think its horse poop

Many new players have no idea about balance, mechanics, teamwork and ship roles. Posts like this are evidence of this. They just wanna death star which is not even a proper metaphor as even it was taken out with teamwork and in the end a single shot.

I agree they need a limiter, a way to kill them. But NOT like that. That is almost enough damage for a INSTA kill

Almost but not quite, same cant be said of EVERY other ship class that is attacked like this. Horse poop located.

If you would like some real advice rather than what must look like criticism then focus on what your destroyer does have which tbh is a mixed bag of abilities from lots of other ship classes in the game, massive tank and the most DPS available. More to the point the covops that killed you had to go to extreme risk to bring that heavy damage to you and would probably be insta killed if there was one good tackler in the area. You on the other hand in a destroyer dont have such risks to bring higher amounts of DPS to the enemy team. Is that balanced?

^I love this sober schots guy^

And his mum too

SLAMED by JCNB!!!

Whatever. It is stupid. But I agree. Balance comes first.

It’s not stupid, if such ships as destroyers had no draw back: what is the reason to fly any other ship?

I’ve played wt for a while, that is the worst messed up game when you come up with things as balance. This game doesn’t have the wt’s population. Were everything is forgiven since too many people still play it.

Here, where the playerbase is smaller, when they introduce op “real money” contents: they need to balance them faster than in wt. 

Still they got your nab’s money with the old: take the money and balance later.

Brilliant.

Couldn’t have said it better. 

But its NOT a drawback, destroyers cannot defend themselves. The pyro takes longer to charge then plasma arc, and by that time all your modules are gone. The tempest hits you aswell so thats out of the picture. The wormhole does 2000 damage, blocked by 50 resist. You have no guns in the back at all, besdies turrents and the stupid blaster turrents does 100-300 dmg on active thanks to thermal resist most people mod for. It is imposssible to hit a interceptor with Plasma thanks to its horrible aimbot. So really, what can you do? nothing

Dude, really. 

You are doing something wrong.

I don’t blame you.

I blame who makes this game random “money” friendly.

I don’t want to sound offensive, but despite numbers you wrote, considering how this game works: you are wrong.

And that’s not a problem since you are a newcomers.

You just missunderstood how things works. 

I don’t blame you, I blame the game publisher who trowed this game in the garbage can.

So really, what can you do? nothing

That’s not true.

Git gud. / Don’t play Destroyers / Kill them before they kill you / Fly in the corner and cry / Derp

I understand your concerns but you must understand, its more of a death sentence in damage wise than it is a drawback. But its OK, sometimes in life… you must deal with whats there. Anywho, done talking.

I understand your concerns but you must understand, its more of a death sentence in damage wise than it is a drawback. But its OK, sometimes in life… you must deal with whats there. Anywho, done talking.

Welp, I’ve played all 6 destroyers so far and it hasn’t been THAT MUCH of an issue.

Also about the numbers I said 100-300 because 2 differnt interceptors took 187 and another took 392 on active. 

Also, how in the hell did you get the mono/bely for r11’s? The drop rate is like meeting Barack obama.

Dude, nothing personal, but how can you argue with people that have more than 10k pvp games?

Once again: it’s not your fault.

I too fly sometimes dessies. But i know drawbacks they have, like 99% ships here have.

That’s  not your faults: you have been scammed ( if, and it’s really probably happened, you have spent real money before getting some skills)

Dude, nothing personal, but how can you argue with people that have more than 10k pvp games?

Once again: it’s not your fault.

I too fly sometimes dessies. But i know drawbacks they have, like 99% ships here have.

That’s  not your faults: you have been scammed ( if, and it’s really probably it happened, you spent real money before getting some skills)

Nope. I earned Dest fair and square. No money spent.

Got to R13 and got graphite/osmium

@IFreak, you really positioned your original post wrong, it is as you said lack of your experience in the game and that causes problems for you.

Never start a discussion from “this op, that op”, maybe ask “how this or that can be dealt with” and only then “op this op that”, because all you got out of this thread is “git gud” and not really a how to and that it is “balanced”. 

How about you post your current build (include passive modules, ship stats (mouse hover-over) and implants) we can take from there.

But its NOT a drawback, destroyers cannot defend themselves. The pyro takes longer to charge then plasma arc, and by that time all your modules are gone. The tempest hits you aswell so thats out of the picture. The wormhole does 2000 damage, blocked by 50 resist. You have no guns in the back at all, besdies turrents and the stupid blaster turrents does 100-300 dmg on active thanks to thermal resist most people mod for. It is imposssible to hit a interceptor with Plasma thanks to its horrible aimbot. So really, what can you do? nothing

1. Pyro still does 500/sec while charging (low but still some damage, considering the tank of an inty), and you can also use it _before _the enemy starts knifing, so you can kill them. 

2. The tempest deals 3000 damage per hit. 2-3 missiles are enough to kill every interceptor, and 9k of thermal damage barely scratches a destroyer’s shield/hull. 

3. Oh god… Oh my god… Are you seriously using the wormhole as a xxxx weapon? Dude… The Wormhole is a damn escape module! Point it away from the interceptor, and as soon it starts knifing press it again to make him waste the ark damn it! It’s not that hard to understand!

4 You have at least 2 gun on the back, that’s still around 1.3k dps with a good meson cannon. Enough to kill an interceptor before it reaches you. Also, when you see it approaching, change the piloting mode with ctrl and aim at the inty, so the dessy side (where it does the most damage) is pointed at the enemy.

1. The blaster does around 900 damage when maxed out and in active mode. Let’s reduce it by around 50% (25% resist and 25% damage reduction because it’s explosive damage), so 450 damage at a 180 rpm. That’s another 1350 dps. Also, the plasma turret actually has a lot of accuracy. In active mode it deals 3k EM damage/shoot, at 3.1km range. It takes down a full health interceptor in around 4 shoots. Killed many of them with it.

1. THERE ARE xxxx TEAMMATES. You know, the unlucky people who got matched with you… Just stick with a tackler. Or with an ECM. Or a Guard. Or an engie. OR ANY SHIP, REALLY.

2. Don’t get out of position. Don’t try to flank the enemy team alone.

3. Last thing. How slowly were you damn going? I think you were actually standing still or flying in a straight line. You know, it’s not so easy to aim a Plasma ark and hit all 6 the modules while a destroyer is maneuvering in 2+ axis. 

I’ve written all I would do in a situation like that. Actually, I think I never got killed by an interceptor while in a destroyer. Yeah, they could have knifed me some times, but I’ve always got to cover and waited until all the modules came back online.

holy sh*t man JC hits really hard when he is sober i wouldn’t mess with his mother if i were u when he is like this sponge…