Destroyer Controls For Frigates

One thing I kinda wished we had was the same destroyer controls for frigates, as an optional type of ship control. It would be nice because sometimes, when I’m in my slow frigate, I’m trying to move to say a beacon and I also want to give some supporting fire to one of my allies. Even if it’s just a few dings, it’s fun to do.

Is there anyway we could get that to work on frigates? Of course it would be the seccondary control scheme.

We have a freemode shooting option, trust me, it’s baad.

You always want to face your enemy on a small ship, partial damage gets you killed everytime. 

It’s on keybinds, under “Overview” section btw.

1 hour ago, Chernoplot said:

We have a freemode shooting option, trust me, it’s baad.

You always want to face your enemy on a small ship, partial damage gets you killed everytime. 

It’s on keybinds, under “Overview” section btw.

Yep done that, and yeah it’s terrible.

23 minutes ago, HBZK100 said:

Yep done that, and yeah it’s terrible.

No that is not the right way to fly a frigate, especially a guard  ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)
If you are flying a jericho one, go for strafe speed and rate of fire (despite precision). In a guard you are supposed to tease opponents while your fighters/interceptors does objectives. Your main role were/is (well a lot changed with destros) is to attire fire on you while your squad do the job. So pump up your resistances to something like 100, remain under cover/next to your engie and keep teasing enemies fire, if damage dealers comes too close: call for help, stay next to  your engie and only then: activates your aod modules and healing. That’s your job ( or at least was before destro’s era). Act like this, and you will be an annoying/useful all the times: guard.
If you are in a federation one, stuck up resistances to 100, make sure you still have some mobility (not strafe but rotating movements this time) and keep tease enemies damage dealers on you. While your team is doing his job. That’s what guards were meant for. Things changed since they introduced destros, but still, this is supposed to be your job , if it don’t works it’s 'cause they screwed up how frigs works. But the main frig’s gameplay is still the same. Whoever says something different: is just teasing you ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) 

i miss turn keys only on fed frigs

but not the destro style

the old school turn keys

whish they would have been nerfed instead of removed (like a hardcore cap in turn rate)

luckily i used them just so much, i dont really need them, but still, they were cool to have.