Destroyer controls and effects

I have been playing the new class a bit and I must say it’s fun in every way. For now I would like to focus on some issues I have experienced.

PROs

-you can win most of the PVE mission now without the fear of failing

-you can REALLY support your team in PVP or a friend in open space

-you can refit it in every way you like (for now that is, idk if it will change) 

-the auto turrets are really helpful in open space +++

CONs

-the static shields don’t really shield you from anything that isn’t a laser or a rail gun, your main shield will get down from any singularity type EM weapon

-the controls regarding UP and DOWN are now DIVING and SURFACING like a submarine instead of the regular rise and descend we are used to in the game because of the free aim mode

-you have to move the ship in a desired position to shoot the desired weapon

-you can’t have two of the same weapon installed, it was probably made that way for not being too powerful, I was only hoping for the sake of design and not power- OCD here

-if it weren’t for the damage the missile turret would be almost useless, but with some luck it’s effective when aimed at a slow group of ships

-the multiphase shield module is better suited for a guard than a destroyer, mainly because of the 6 sec duration, it should be a bit more

-the pyro emitter can’t destroy turrets, otherwise “mkay”

-there is no switch between free aim mode and the regular mode, the usefulness is debatable

Suggestions

-let the static shields shield the main shield from everything (too much shield words)

-additional modules or at least make it possible to equip 2 of the same

-let the pyro emitter purge everything, even turrets

-make a switch for free aim mode and moving mode, free aim should be the as it is now (the controls and everything) and the moving mode - plain and simple moving without shooting or anything else (for the sake of open space, can’t see how it could backfire)

Forgot to add

300m to load a container for a ship 100 times bigger is extremely hard, 500-800m would be better suited for such a large ship.

Shields also get hit by splash damage if you use static shields.

Also Pyro emitter can’t hit anything that is not a “ship” as how my friend says it. It can’t hit turrets, stuff on destroyer spec ops, transports, cruiser…

+1 ^^

Shields also get hit by splash damage if you use static shields.

Also Pyro emitter can’t hit anything that is not a “ship” as how my friend says it. It can’t hit turrets, stuff on destroyer spec ops, transports, cruiser…

Yeah, forgot to mention that also, it would really help if i could use it against them.

There are a lot of problems with them at the moment and the devs are working on it. They just released a week ago so be patient. Xp

(Though I do agree with this)

I hate to see that my destroyer nose is touching the item, but I still can’t pick it up because it’s like 400 - 600 meters away from the heart of my ship. .__.

There are a lot of problems with them at the moment and the devs are working on it. They just released a week ago so be patient. Xp

(Though I do agree with this)

I try to be supportive of their ideas, they have done a good job with every single expansion so far, it’s just me trying to give a detailed feedback that might help them out.

I hate to see that my destroyer nose is touching the item, but I still can’t pick it up because it’s like 400 - 600 meters away from the heart of my ship. .__.

Same here, it’s kinda hard to maneuver such a big ship into that 300m radius to pick up cargo.

I think shields are ok: they tank a decent amount of dmg and recharge pretty fast. There must be a way to bypass shields, and thats with big blast radious or piercing weapons. If you want them to be fully protective against any kind of dmg, then your shots should be stopped by shields as well.

I think it eeds to be mentioned somewhere: the hull hitboxes on those things are innaccurate. I tried to fly alongside one in invasion, and I would collide with it, even though I was nowhere near the hull. I was more along the level of the top of the turrets (but not next to them).

There’s also something funny that I noticed about the destroyers, or let’s say the Fed one since I am not sure if this happens with the rest.

When I move my Fed destroyer up down/right left, I see the main engines, the 4 F module thingies (2 top and 2 bottom) will wiggle/shake/dance or whatever you like, these stuff aren’t sticking on the ship, or as they say in 3D modelling, they’re not a child of the ship. I might post a video for this.

I have not encountered this problem… Although I will mention that the turrets do not visually represent their current state unless you zoom in close to them. Otherwise they stay frozen in one direction. (Only graphically, not actually.) They seem to update every few seconds.

The plasma auto turret doesn’t fire from the other … hand? I mean it got 2 guns, it fire only from one. Another problem!

I also would love to see these turrets shot at what I am targeting instead of random shooting, also maybe a way to deactivate them, since they cause troubles in open space sometimes… Flying peacefully and my turrets decide to shot enemies, beeeeeh!

Ever heard of bug report section?

Ever heard of bug report section?

Skula isn’t really my friend right now… (I sound like a primary school child in the playground XD)

I think shields are ok: they tank a decent amount of dmg and recharge pretty fast. There must be a way to bypass shields, and thats with big blast radious or piercing weapons. If you want them to be fully protective against any kind of dmg, then your shots should be stopped by shields as well.

Yea, i totally forgot about that, i was just soo happy about kicking the green ones xxxx that i forgot they pack splash dmg so it went kinda crazy. The beginnings are hard…

Skula isn’t really my friend right now… (I sound like a primary school child in the playground XD)

Squla isnt here to have friends, he is here to make the game better, well and deal with Uhmari

There’s also something funny that I noticed about the destroyers, or let’s say the Fed one since I am not sure if this happens with the rest.

When I move my Fed destroyer up down/right left, I see the main engines, the 4 F module thingies (2 top and 2 bottom) will wiggle/shake/dance or whatever you like, these stuff aren’t sticking on the ship, or as they say in 3D modelling, they’re not a child of the ship. I might post a video for this.

something kinda similar happens with invincible engines