Destroyer cancer

Devs please stop ignoring this blatant problem with your game. Things like this should not be happening. I was in a covert ops, which is the ship that is SUPPOSED to be the counter to these OP ships.

dvYtAwK.jpg

Get your xxxx together, and either

• Remove destroyers from the game - they have no place in a fast-paced shooter
  • Remove them from PVP - they are ok in PVE
  • Nerf them to the point that they are killable by one or two people - it currently requires the whole team to focus fire to kill one destroyer
  • At the very least nerf the gravi lens that not only messes with flying, making you crash into things, but also rips straight through your hull.
  • Give them a proper counter

pls add next time the option “NO! - They have to remove them” to the poll

Destroyers are PERFECTLY FINE as they are! There is NO NEED to nerf them!

Do they belong in PvP mode with the rest of the ships? NO!

• Give them a proper counter

Don’t they have Destroyers already as a counter?

Destroyer basic statistics are completely out of line compared to other ships. There is a logical exchange of mobility to durability and power when comparing interceptors and fighters, although currently Cruise Engine is messing up that relation to some degree, and it really should get nerfed. Frigates are somewhat under the curve regarding durability and firepower, but that is okay since we don’t want this game to be just about trench warfare.

But destroyers… Those things are about twice the size of frigates, yet can actually be more mobile and have over ten times the hull durability. Then add modules for teleportation and killing all Jericho frigates in an area with a press of a button. Doesn’t anyone else find this a bit unintuitive?

Yup. A good destroyer pilot can get a “FEAR ME!” with 10 kills almost every game. The photon is also a problem, it’s so easy to use that they always kill me when I’m in covops while I try to knife them.

Possible solutions: 

1. (The best one) Remove them from casual PvP.

2. Give them and hard limit on speed of 270 

3. Reduce their hull/shield value by at least 25%

Gravity lens has got to be abolished. It’s even awful in pve when allies use it.

Yup. A good destroyer pilot can get a “FEAR ME!” with 10 kills almost every game. The photon is also a problem, it’s so easy to use that they always kill me when I’m in covops while I try to knife them.

Possible solutions: 

1. (The best one) Remove them from casual PvP.

2. Give them and hard limit on speed of 270 

3. Reduce their hull/shield value by at least 25%

No speed limit is needed.

No nerfs on any of their hull/shield values are needed.

Remove them from PvP? Yes, here I fully agree with you.

Remove them from casual PvP.

This kind of restriction is not a good idea. It doesn’t actually fix the problem, just hides it away. Also boring.

Give them and hard limit on speed of 270.

Agreed.

Reduce their hull/shield value by at least 25%

25% reduction is negligible. Their hull durability should be reduced so much that they would be just about twice as tough as frigates, while their shields should be improved by some.

Don’t they have Destroyers already as a counter?

Counter cancer with cancer? I’m not sure that’s a good idea

Counter cancer with cancer? I’m not sure that’s a good idea

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

You just have to get some fire beofre

Was bored so plotted some numbers of survivability + afterburner speed for r11 ships, isn’t so good since its just an average of all the ships of that type in r11, not accounting for what class they are (eg lrf/guard). All ships with no modules/max synergy except for destroyers which have 0 synergy. Idk if destroyers would be played at all if they were closer in line with other ships, but I think I would be happier if nobody was playing them.

wIoD90b.png

The Devs need to recognise this ship class is good on paper, but terrible in execution. I like using them myself, but I despise playing against them.

I would respect the team a lot if they made the tough call and pulled the class until major rebalancing could be done.

The Devs need to recognise this ship class is good on paper, but terrible in execution. I like using them myself, but I despise playing against them.

I would respect the team a lot if they made the tough call and pulled the class until major rebalancing could be done.

I just find it amazing that since their launch, there has not been a single significant balancing of these ships.

I just find it amazing that since their launch, there has not been a single significant balancing of these ships.

So true… 

Destroyers will not be removed from any game mode. They became an essential part of skillbased Star Conflict’ gameplay. Lot’s of pilots are flying on them as well as the others are enjoying blowing them up.