Dessy Activators

So yesterday I got the quest, “Destroy 10 enemies in PVP with kinetic weapons on a destroyer”.

 

Awesome, needs a heavily gated weapon that I don’t have, figure no biggie, I’ll skip this one and do the next days.

 

Next days reset rolls around, still same quest, still can’t do it because I’m unable to find via trade or cache a clip for the r7-9 coil gun.

 

My suggestion is don’t put event quests that require heavily gated weapons.  Or you know, get rid of the caches and let us buy the weapons for our dessy’s outright.

Coil meson and halo should be default destro weaponry but apparently they are not, may the trade be forever in your favor.

20 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Coil meson and halo should be default destro weaponry but apparently they are not, may the trade be forever in your favor.

The whole thing is a joke, I was able to kill a lot of destroyers yesterday at r11 with a gravitational lenses because a lot of them didn’t have the jump module and so had no chance to get out of it…

 

 

10 minutes ago, John161 said:

The whole thing is a joke, I was able to kill a lot of destroyers yesterday at r11 with a gravitational lenses because a lot of them didn’t have the jump module and so had no chance to get out of it…

 

On my Procyon, I’ve been farming caches for a while now trying to get a coilgun clip and the bp for the wormhole projector, abundance of the other stuff that drops in those caches, also been spamming trade chat between matches looking for them (Part of the problem with trade chat is language barrier, google translate will only take you so far but unfortunately, I don’t speak Russian).

Speaking of default weapons on a destroyer, if you do not slot a main gun then what is on it? Should be coil gun just like on most fighters, if not all, the rail gun. Try it and you may have a winner man.

The idea of bps and parts would work if we would talk about EVE level playerbase number but as it is now, not really effective.

4 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

The idea of bps and parts would work if we would talk about EVE level playerbase number but as it is now, not really effective.

 

The whole thing with destroyer weapons and mods being only obtainable via rare bp’s is bs considering how the grind of a destroyer is tedious enough in itself.

 

Now if they would have made missions to obtain these as well during this event and ran similar events in the future then I could better understand it.

 

 

Also as per the main topic, I just tested it and if you remove your main weapon and do not slot one then it defaults to the coil gun (kinetic damage).