Darker space

Hi, I just think that the space in the background of every area in the game (the free roam/ invasion mode in particular) should be a bit darker and with less colorful clouds, though they look nice. The main suggestion is that you just make the space blacker. It would certainly add some realism.  :fed002:

This isn’t space. It’s low-orbit.

I would love a later try from the devs to create darker, more deep spacey environments

Procedurally generated random encounter deep space maps would be awesome, as would a level design which is based on clever but unintensive lighting. So I would love it, if things get expanded in the future.

Most of the visited areas currently however are close-to-orbit clusters. If it would be darker you would quickly find it boring, possibly, also the extreme darkness between asteroids and structures already sometimes leads to nice thud medals anyway.

We had a map “The Threshold” as a “darker” type of map, it was terrible, it was hated. It looked cool when you spawn on it, but not the actual gameplay. Since illumination has been reworked on it, it became quite fun to play on.

I think, that a darker skybox would still work with the game, as long as the map itself has enough light sources to be of similar brightness, the same goes for “outer shadowy alternative paths”

the ambient lighting should still allow normal playing in the game zone, even with darker maps, because if you hit black stuff in blackness, it’s not really fun.

I must agree with the author of this post 100%!

Colors are too intense and the lighting is too bright.

There must be some way to lower this, to introduce that dark feeling of being in space, without affecting the balance of the visuals too much.

We had a map “The Threshold” as a “darker” type of map, it was terrible, it was hated. It looked cool when you spawn on it, but not the actual gameplay. Since illumination has been reworked on it, it became quite fun to play on.

It is, isn’t it? I mean, I love that map, it’s godly for Jery LRF pilots like myself =3

I must agree with the author of this post 100%!

Colors are too intense and the lighting is too bright.

There must be some way to lower this, to introduce that dark feeling of being in space, without affecting the balance of the visuals too much.

if only we had a brightness slider in our options…

I think, that a darker skybox would still work with the game, as long as the map itself has enough light sources to be of similar brightness, the same goes for “outer shadowy alternative paths”

the ambient lighting should still allow normal playing in the game zone, even with darker maps, because if you hit black stuff in blackness, it’s not really fun.

This is a very realistic way to impliment a darker map. Low Ambient would make LRF and CO too good.

you see ivan, color are of too bright, gives ceasure… then shoot boolet all over place… this is not how keel enemy fester…

you see ivan, color are of too bright, gives ceasure… then shoot boolet all over place… this is not how keel enemy fester…

No. You know what gives you seizures? Dragonblight when LK came out. THAT was seizure-worthy.

What gives me seizures is being hit by Coil Mortar, Eclipse and Kinetic Supercharger.

The visual effects of those weapons need to be reworked.  I would make a new thread about this but I don’t think the devs will change anything where that is concerned.

What gives me seizures is being hit by Coil Mortar, Eclipse and Kinetic Supercharger.

The visual effects of those weapons need to be reworked.  I would make a new thread about this but I don’t think the devs will change anything where that is concerned.

Dude. Priorities. I’m sure the devs are working on something major, like the current Missions, to be preoccupied on seizure-inducing and deafening weapons and fixing major bugs in the game.