Dagger [I] Uncontrollable after Upgrade

Hi,

Dagger1_zps40d12440.jpg

I am finding the dagger very hard to control after its synergy upgrade rotation speed increased by 25%, It causes what you would call for a car body roll.

For example turning left then right causes the ship to steer left for a longer period of time then you want it to steer right. so you are trying to turn right after turning left but its still turning left.

This makes the ship incredibly hard to control . sometimes will be very difficult to straighten the ship up as its “Over steering” left or right as a result your ship is endlessly swaying left/right or up/down.

Does anyone else have the dagger with increased rotation speed? do you find it harder to control?. The fact that the upgrades are meant to make your ship better not worse I think this is something that needs to be looked into,

Thanks for reading.

It seems that ships turn with momentum physics in this game. You get used to how your ship turns the more you play, and over-steering becomes less of an issue. I guess eventually you “get a feel for it” as your spatial awareness improves and you learn how your ship manoeuvres, but it’s something you’ll have to keep improving on in order to fly the most agile ships. The ship in question is a T1 ship, so I assume you have a long journey ahead of you chock full of new experiences, builds, tactics… lots of learning!

Your opinion on interceptors manoeuvrability will probably change; I remember one point, I only wanted to fly T4+ as vernier engines (32.5% rotation engine mod) were T4+ and I was really enjoying interceptors, but only if they had 130/170 roll/pitch. I personally wouldn’t consider flying any interceptor that didn’t have at least one major rotation modifier (30% above base rotation). You want to turn a lot, anyway; flying in straight lines will result in frequent deaths in higher tiers. 

It’s down to preference really dude. Having that extra rotation speed is an excellent advantage if you know how to use it… (I’m still learning!) especially in fast, close quarter dog fights. It also makes dodging with roll much more viable.

If you really dislike interceptors for this reason, fighters may potentially be more suitable for you to start out on.

With all that said, I do agree that it is obscure that instances like this occur, where ships suddenly change their handling quite drastically as you level them up. Especially in T1. Later tiers, fair enough - you can swap out an implant/module for it. 

Anyway, good luck n many epic battles to you! and I’m always happy to answer questions if you see me online. 

Peace

Many players, especially in T3+ use at least one module that increases the rotation speed, since you get superiority in dogfights through it. 

So better get used to it.  :yes_yes:

If you like to fly interceptors, you may want to check out the interceptor-guide. It might be a bit outdated, but many tips are still valid. 

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20845-interceptor-guide/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20845-interceptor-guide/)

Tango, part of the effects you describe are what we use to refer to as ‘wobbles’ and consider them bugs, but that’s only a small part of them, namely when your ship simply doesn’t want to align with a straight movement line. If you overshoot your movement direction almost instantly to 180 degrees the ship will basically have a hard time deciding which direction to roll about. The best way ALWAYS to control them is to strafe in the desired direction. It can also be used to reduce wobbles. Strafe + roll = key combo. There are LOTS of people just not using the strafe mechanics and are just easy prey.

The higher the rotation, the greater the wobble effects. Counters for better control: more acceleration and strafing.

Ah, thanks for your suggestions and input guys. It most probably is partly because I an new and not familiar with the increased roll plus not using acceleration and strafing effectively.

Tango, part of the effects you describe are what we use to refer to as ‘wobbles’ and consider them bugs, but that’s only a smart part of them, namely when your ship simply doesn’t want to align with a straight movement line. If you overshoot your movement direction almost instantly to 180 degrees the ship will basically have a hard time deciding which direction to roll about. The best way ALWAYS to control them is to strafe in the desired direction. It can also be used to reduce wobbles. Strafe + roll = key combo. There are LOTS of people just not using the strafe mechanics and are just easy prey.

The higher the rotation, the greater the wobble effects. Counters for better control: more acceleration and strafing.

Are you referring to the Strafe keys as ‘Q’,‘E’? or ‘A’,‘D’ I like this combined key Idea. I will try it out. And I do find my self slowing down to follow that sweet sweet white ring on a targeted ship, however that’s when the ships controls are at there worst.

thanks for your suggestions and input guys. It most probably is partly because I an new and not familiar with the increased roll plus not using acceleration and strafing effectively.

Q and E are rotation keys (or banking). A and D are left, respectively right strafing keys, where you add Spacebar for upwards and Alt for downwards.

You can use them (strafe keys) in combination with mouse direction, Q and E and ship’s speed / acceleration levels in various ways:

• glide along walls while providing a better view of the objects’ layout near you

• quickly switch movement directions for dodging or taking cover, combining strafing and cursor totation towards the same direction

• always keep an eye on your point of interest, like focusing an enemy and still moving, analyzing the map or keeping an enemy in sights while both of you are rotating around an object, combining strafing with cursor rotation in opposite directions

• control wobbles as said before

S (backwards movement) is also a form of strafing, not just a break. But only S is not enough in fast ships to effectively stop your ship in a certain spot when the enemy focuses fire on you. You have to do a large combo of strafing and rotation movements on the desired spot you want to reach to avoid collision or shooting out of cover on the other side. The same maneuver can be used to full stop your ship and get behind an enemy chasing you. I’ll let you figure these out.

Beware however that any form of strafing will slow your ship down, don’t do it constantly, only when needed. Also pay attention to your ship’s pitch speed on the up-down axis vs left-right in their stats. This is where Q and E come in most handy.

PS: go to ‘escape’ - settings and search for ship tooltip option or whatever and change it from brief to full to display ALL your ship’s stats

Great, thanks for that additional info toast.