Crusader Builds?

Hi!

Well, today I have realised that my builds have been heavily outdated and considering that they are really weak compared to some other crusaders I’ve seen, I’ve decided to seek help on this. In pvp with my current build my shields go down to rail guns in abouts 5-13 seconds and hull almost instantly. Whilst in pve the shields will go down to T3-5 enemies with 30-45 seconds and hull 15-20. Any help?

*Thankyou Takimina for showing how pathetic my build is!

Hi!

Well, today I have realised that my builds have been heavily outdated and considering that they are really weak compared to some other crusaders I’ve seen, I’ve decided to seek help on this. In pvp with my current build my shields go down to rail guns in abouts 5-13 seconds and hull almost instantly. Whilst in pve the shields will go down to T3-5 enemies with 30-45 seconds and hull 15-20. Any help?

Usually the most balanced tank for jerry guards is one EM, one thermal and one spitter. Then use the phase shield to reinforce most of the incoming damage.

Against takamina you can’t win 1v1 in a guard, except if you time your pulsar + engine suppresor + EM torpedo perfectly. Eagle B doesn’t have EB, so a EM torpedo in the face while he is strafing around you with the sharpnel is the only way to win, because at the moment he sees the pulsar active and the engine suppresor, he will use one survival module to kick in the Fed rank 8 implant and fly away till the Pulsar finishes and will come back to kill you.

Usually the most balanced tank for jerry guards is one ECM, one thermal and one spitter. Then use the phase shield to reinforce most of the incoming damage.

Against takamina you can’t win 1v1 in a guard, except if you time your pulsar + engine suppresor + EM torpedo perfectly. Eagle B doesn’t have EB, so a EM torpedo in the face while he is strafing around you with the sharpnel is the only way to win, because at the moment he sees the pulsar active and the engine suppresor, he will use one survival module to kick in the Fed rank 8 implant and fly away till the Pulsar finishes and will come back to kill you.

I currently have a splitter and an MkII EM resist  on it. Also, Takamina was in a gunship (The Desert Eagle) unfortunately. I’ll put up a screenshot of my current setup tomorrow.

You might want to check out this [thread on resistance values](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20483-developers-blog-from-july-10th-damage-resistance/), as well as the log analyzers by [Snib](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21314-snibs-star-conflict-log-analyzer/) and [Eta](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22926-etas-star-conflict-web-log-analyzer/) to see how much damage you’re really taking.

I’ll give snibs analyzer a shot tomorrow and post the results.

*edit* Might start grinding again for the Crus s and ira deus whilst I’m at it.

Might start grinding again for the Crus s and ira deus whilst I’m at it.

Why Ira Deus?

Why Ira Deus?

Why not? it is a great rank 9 LRF.

Try this: (with “F” EM shield)

DodutHg.jpg

Why not? it is a great rank 9 LRF.

It is a great LRF, but JLRFs aren’t the most useful ships to fly. I have it in my lineup only because it’s really fun and I do try to fly it as much as possible, but most of the time I know that I could have flown something else more useful.

EDIT: Tillowaty, I would never have thought of such a setup. I did consider a ‘static phase shield’ build a long time ago, but that combination of active modules is something that will never occur to me.

Here’s my current setup:

post-244296-0-96065700-1400571335.jpg

post-244296-0-08099300-1400571294.jpg

Here’s my current setup:

![attachicon.gif](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif)[screenshot-140520-173333.jpg](< base_url >/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=7701)

![attachicon.gif](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif)[screenshot-140520-173326.jpg](< base_url >/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=7700)

Is not a bad setup, I use something very similar, although with positrons and octopus. Also, I usually disregard the weapon reduction aura for the engine inhibitor.

But your build is solid.

Tillowaty, I would never have thought of such a setup. I did consider a ‘static phase shield’ build a long time ago, but that combination of active modules is something that will never occur to me.

Why?  :crazy:

It’s awesome build! (tested on Blood, on crusader should work too)

Resist just like empire ships but with more regen! It can tank ALOT  :kamikadze:

Here’s my current setup:

![attachicon.gif](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif)[screenshot-140520-173333.jpg](< base_url >/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=7701)

![attachicon.gif](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif)[screenshot-140520-173326.jpg](< base_url >/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=7700)

It’s good one but I’d change more capacitor for more regen.

Why?  :crazy:

It’s awesome build! (tested on Blood, on crusader should work too)

Resist just like empire ships but with more regen! It can tank ALOT  :kamikadze:

I blame my Styx playstyle: as my offtank ship, I often find its lack of area control to be a severe handicap whenever I’m ganked. I would have considered pulsar plus one guard aura.

Come to think of it, I think you were using that build when I encountered your Blood Tor. 

I blame my Styx playstyle: as my offtank ship, I often find its lack of area control to be a severe handicap whenever I’m ganked. I would have considered pulsar plus one guard aura.

Come to think of it, I think you were using that build when I encountered your Blood Tor. 

So that’s why…

Idk when we fight vs each other… I tested lots builds on Blood but like that one most!

Кроме того, Takamina был в боевого (Desert Eagle)

конечно

a75e399f8760.jpg

eb9fc4bedcd7.jpg

now frigateball is harmless:D

конечно

now frigateball is harmless:D

Main problem there is range (IMO), you need to be very close to deal the optimal dmg.

Main problem there is range (IMO), you need to be very close to deal the optimal dmg.

You can try the build with rof ammo, range and projectile speed implants, and two horizons. You can reach almost 5 k with assaults and you have 2500 dps without overdrive. But you lose critical chance and critical damage. Better against interceptor and figthers than the ions. Also, almost anybody tanks the kinetic hole.

Takamina’s build is the good old critical build, but as you said, you need to be very close to do damage, but not as close as you need to be with the bubbles.

Takamina’s build is the good old critical build, but as you said, you need to be very close to do damage, but not as close as you need to be with the bubbles.

Good thing about bubbles is that you don’t need to be constanly firing to kill the enemy, you can slowly go 1 by 1 making “sure shots”

With 57% base crit, Takamina did you try swaping IR scanner for Targeting processor (crit dmg) or maybe even proton wall instead? What about projectile speed ammo for better accuracy (I have trouble hitting with assaults), won’t in theory this gun actually deal more damage over time to moving targets if you hit them more often?

With 57% base crit, Takamina did you try swaping IR scanner for Targeting processor (crit dmg) or maybe even proton wall instead? What about projectile speed ammo for better accuracy (I have trouble hitting with assaults), won’t in theory this gun actually deal more damage over time to moving targets if you hit them more often?

Targeting processor is not available in T3.

I’m doing fine with 32% critical chance in the DE, but is about tastes XD

Projectile speed ammo was nerfed and now you have a debuff of 10% damage I think, that is the reason I use the speed projectile implant in R6.

And yes, I agree with you, I prefer to hit more thanks to projectile speed than have more critical chance.