Crew Sizes for All Ship Classes

Since all ship classes are indeed actual “ships”, I wonder how many people would operate each individual ship class. For me, my theory goes along the lines of this:

Crew Members (+ max capacity):

Interceptor = 1 (Obviously)

Fighter = 2 (maybe 3-4, but doubtful)

Frigate = 12 (or up to 20)

Destroyers = 50-100

(And for realism’s sake why not:)

Light Cruisers 250 (I still hope a light cruiser class will come to SC for us as players to use.)

Cruisers (500)

Battleships 1000-2000

Dreadnoughts 100,000 (including crew members of interceptors, fighters, frigates, destroyers in dreadnought hangar.)

Of course I could be wrong, but what are your thoughts?

Here are a few reasons why you would need so many people:

1. Damage control parties.

2. Navigation.

3. Flight control.

4. Maintenance.

5. Kitchen.

6. Radars and Intelligence.

7. Control of Modules.

8. Marines of some kind.

9. Command and Control.

Cool idea and nice way to develop crew system further ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) But it also a huge amount of hard work, calculating it according to core balance, I hope someday we will find time to think about.

5 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Cool idea and nice way to develop crew system further ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) But it also a huge amount of hard work, calculating it according to core balance, I hope someday we will find time to think about.

That would be cool to see eventually. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I’d say for now, just put how many crew members are on each ship in the ships stats.

since there are 2 seats in fighters I’m pretty sure there are no 2 other ones hiding onboard… same goes for the frigate, maybe 6 max.

some ceptors have 2 seats…and im quite sure ive seen some fighters with 4 seats (2 medium cockpits…like argonaut?). My question is: how would this impact specifically into the game mechanics?

well since you can’t really look into the cockpit of castor series… that statement is invalid.

Again getting back to the topic of retexturing castor series.

34 minutes ago, Papitas said:

My question is: how would this impact specifically into the game mechanics?

^?

41 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

since there are 2 seats in fighters I’m pretty sure there are no 2 other ones hiding onboard… same goes for the frigate, maybe 6 max.

I can see that for fighters, but for frigates I’m not quite sure. They’re HUGE ships!

Destroyers obviously have alot more people than what we see in the cockpit…

12 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

well since you can’t really look into the cockpit of castor series… that statement is invalid.

^?

3 cockpits gotta mean something xD My question goes for whats the use of the crew: boost certain parameters of the ship by derivating crew into those systems? or is it just info you can see but has no impact in gameplay?

2 minutes ago, Papitas said:

3 cockpits gotta mean something xD My question goes for whats the use of the crew: boost certain parameters of the ship by derivating crew into those systems? or is it just info you can see but has no impact in gameplay?

My bad. It was meant to be that one kind of post like: “THIS^, OP please explain”

On 12/5/2016 at 3:25 AM, CinnamonFake said:

I was just suggesting adding crew sizes in the stats for adding realism to the game. I didn’t even think about adding it for boosting crew’s, which might work? Idk. If you guys add crew boosters, I hope this game doesn’t get more complex than it already is.