Covert ops missions.

An idea just occured to me about playing on the faction rivalry; what if we could spawn in enemy territory as another enemy to shoot at? 

Here the idea:

-We get a covert ops mission to do with rank depending on the difficulty of the task/ system we spawn in (but can be below rank 10).

-We undock and go to a specially activated gate that will warp us to the mission system.

-We spawn in enemy system, everyone is hostile but the other mercs doing special ops from our faction. Since it’s covert ops, we don’t get karma, our name isn’t shown and we get no station protection.

-All fellow covert ops pilots are considered allies: we can buff them and cannot accidentally hurt them (or if we do, to a lesser degree than the enemies).

-Since the missions are much harder, we get some PVE bonuses like self repairs or crit rates for the duration of the mission.

-All gates are locked, we cannot leave the area we spawn in unless we finish the mission.

-We do the mission as fast as we can.

-Once the mission is over, a gate activate/is deployed for us to get back.

The loot/rewards:

Faction vouchers, mark 1-2-3-4 modules, credits, spare parts, blueprints etc. Since the missions are much harder (because everyone is hostile to us), the pay is much higher.

How cool is that? 

Edit: Also check out my other idea about faction protection mechanics : [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/25288-faction-protection-a-variant-of-station-protection/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25288-faction-protection-a-variant-of-station-protection/)

Another nice thing we could do to expand my covert ops idea; we could do pirate/cyber/cartel missions just as easily. The player wanting to do missions for those minor factions would go about the same way as a covert ops, but would be allied to everything belonging to that sub faction in the destination system. The requirement though would be to have the appropriate karma/loyalty to get missions from them.

the current offer of missions is under review and new ones have been added recently

thank you for your input but this idea is on hold atm

the current offer of missions is under review and new ones have been added recently

thank you for your input but this idea is on hold atm

Well, my idea isn’t just about new missions but how they get carried out; current system makes us travel to a system and do PVE stuff, but it hardly include PVP unless we start shooting at other players with station protection off. My idea would promote PVP and make use of the faction backstory.

To control senarios we could limit the number of players who can join, say to four. Lets stream line it and put a queue for in to the left of the invasion map since they are simular. We could make four seperate ques sorted by teirs and randomly rotate maps for those queues.

To control senarios we could limit the number of players who can join, say to four. Lets stream line it and put a queue for in to the left of the invasion map since they are simular. We could make four seperate ques sorted by teirs and randomly rotate maps for those queues.

My suggestion was for invasion, not just another kind of PVE mission we can queue for. I don’t want it to be just another scenario players do to farm but something that is a real challenge they can never be fully prepared for due to the potential PVP elements.