Covert Ops and Destroyers

So, you bring your favorite new toy, Tyrant and a sneaky little covert ops cloaks and plasma arcs you to uselessness and the opposing team finishes you off. You now have to wait ~45 seconds to get back into the match but that covert ops gets right back in not to mention repair cost.

Fair?

it’s called a counter

8 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

So, you bring your favorite new toy, Tyrant and a sneaky little covert ops cloaks and plasma arcs you to uselessness and the opposing team finishes you off. You now have to wait ~45 seconds to get back into the match but that covert ops gets right back in not to mention repair cost.

Fair?

Destroyers suck, without a team. It’s not the cov ops fault, that you took it into a game where your team cant even drop a micro-locator…

7 minutes ago, evo888 said:

it’s called a counter

So is the inhibitor beam but when I get killed in my ceptor from the tackler using that on me because I cant get out then I don’t pay more than what I earned from the battle and don’t wait ~45 seconds.

In my ECM, I’m unplugging your keyboard and getting an easy kill and do it all day long. Sometimes I get more kills in my ECM than my dessy so for those of you that are crying about destroyers are op, git gud.

People that complain about destroyers likely complain about LRF sniping them to death too. LOL

This thread is about the respawn time and repair costs only.

no comment … ![:(:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/(.png “:(:”)

Respawn and repair costs are insane for destros atm. Especially given the fact that they are nigh useless due to the last several patches. If you don’t have a Vigilant, you wasted time and money. Vigi is the only dessy that can hold its own any more.

2 minutes ago, SheenShade said:

no comment … ![:(:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/(.png “:(:”)

Hate to break it to ya bud, but, that was a comment.  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

i feel like the devs won’t be changing that, currently on their agenda is:

-make ellydium ships instantly respawn,

-make ellydium ships give gs to the owner rather than having a repair cost

-make previous 2 effects only for people who bough ellydium DLCs without making pay-to-win-ness too obvious

but hey, you didn’t hear that from me ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)

Lol but I’d love a way to get GS in-game outside of market. The market is nearly useless these days.

1 hour ago, xXConflictionXx said:

So is the inhibitor beam but when I get killed in my ceptor from the tackler using that on me because I cant get out then I don’t pay more than what I earned from the battle and don’t wait

There is an implant to counter that.

In my ECM, I’m unplugging your keyboard and getting an easy kill and do it all day long. Sometimes I get more kills in my ECM than my dessy so for those of you that are crying about destroyers are op, git gud.

Making kills in ECM is no art. Actually making kills is not the goal here, it is to win.

Ergo, you should take the ship your team needs in order to achieve victory.

This thread is about the respawn time and repair costs only.

A destro has many times the survivability, of any other class. naturally it should be an investion in cost and avaliablity.

There is a situation for every ship, you just need to understand that a destro is not a solution for anykind of problem anymore. It needs a team, because it’s a supressor. A destro can force the entire enemy team, to reposition, providing it has a team to make something out of it.

Fact is, most of the games are small nowadays, and if there is objectives, chances are the destro might not be the right choice to take into the fight.

Anyways, looking forward to meet you ingame again ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

20 minutes ago, Oregyen said:

There is an implant to counter that.

Making kills in ECM is no art. Actually making kills is not the goal here, it is to win.

Ergo, you should take the ship your team needs in order to achieve victory.

A destro has many times the survivability, of any other class. naturally it should be an investion in cost and avaliablity.

There is a situation for every ship, you just need to understand that a destro is not a solution for anykind of problem anymore. It needs a team, because it’s a supressor. A destro can force the entire enemy team, to reposition, providing it has a team to make something out of it.

Fact is, most of the games are small nowadays, and if there is objectives, chances are the destro might not be the right choice to take into the fight.

Anyways, looking forward to meet you ingame again ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

I think your ego has made you blind man. You said a bunch of stuff that was strictly you assuming something that was never said for example, did I write anywhere in this thread that I don’t know what a destroyer is? No, so why did you answer that like I even asked that.

This is exactly why I stated that the fukn thread is about destroyer spawn time and repair cost. The other stuff is examples of why it should be lower.

As far as you looking forward to seeing me in game again, WTF are you talking about? Seriously, if you are speaking about the salt I had toward you, don’t feel special. I get salty with many, you just happened to be one of them. I get people being salty with me as well. Maybe I should have large ego like you. *insert some stupid emoticon here*

18 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I think your ego has made you blind man. You said a bunch of stuff that was strictly you assuming something that was never said for example, did I write anywhere in this thread that I don’t know what a destroyer is? No, so why did you answer that like I even asked that.

This is exactly why I stated that the fukn thread is about destroyer spawn time and repair cost. The other stuff is examples of why it should be lower.

As far as you looking forward to seeing me in game again, WTF are you talking about? Seriously, if you are speaking about the salt I had toward you, don’t feel special. I get salty with many, you just happened to be one of them. I get people being salty with me as well. Maybe I should have large ego like you. *insert some stupid emoticon here*

I was gonna leave a friendly reply via PM, and let it go. But since you brought my ego up, you know me too well. I can forget many things, exept bad sportsmanship. You went afk in 2 games against me, that I consider an insult. The salt is fine, the screenshots (wich i was about to delete) a nice addition to the yearbook. Here have another smiley: ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

29 minutes ago, Oregyen said:

I was gonna leave a friendly reply via PM, and let it go. But since you brought my ego up, you know me too well. I can forget many things, exept bad sportsmanship. You went afk in 2 games against me, that I consider an insult. The salt is fine, the screenshots (wich i was about to delete) a nice addition to the yearbook. Here have another smiley: ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

Guess, I’m supposed to be scared now or care or something. Hold on one sec. Let me try to do that now. Yeah, not happening. XD

Fair?

Yep. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Hmm, yeah, honestly, I don’t know why I keep subjecting myself to this forum considering that it’s exactly the opposite being said in-game chat. I talk to the people in gen-chat a lot and they all agree with me on this stuff but unfortunately most of them don’t take the time to come to the forum.

Welp, lesson learned for the day! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Close the thread, another waste of time…

fcb27bd7bd9b341ed4ac4642205f8dad3724ad4a

Destroyers are exactly where they need to be right now, balance-wise. They were OP for far too long. Even now, the vigilant is still borderline OP because of it’s main weapon, but I can deal with that. I still can’t deal with gravi bullshit but I gave up ages ago trying to get that fixed.

If a cov ops travels 7k+ (the stupidly high range of your weapons) just to put his plasma arc in your anu5, then you should consider it an honour. The same goes for LRF pilots. If you are struggling to deal with cov ops in your destroyer then you should hop in a tackler instead of getting butthurt about it. Or maybe also try flying some other ship that requires skill to fly and dogfight him oldschool style.

Cov ops have counters. Ellydium ships do not. If there is anything you should be complaining about then it’s those, not cov ops.

53 minutes ago, millanbel said:

If a cov ops travels 7k+ (the stupidly high range of your weapons) just to put his plasma arc in your anu5, then you should consider it an honour. The same goes for LRF pilots. If you are struggling to deal with cov ops in your destroyer then you should hop in a tackler instead of getting butthurt about it.

I find it a bit illogical though that a frigate can pretty much just ignore Plasma Arc while a destroyer gets instantly blown up, or atleast loses most of the subsystems. Seems that most of the area effective weapons have something like 0.05 damage modifier against subsystems, but Plasma Arc does full damage for whatever reason.

only 2 good counter to plasma arc on dessy:

-repeling beam(which is only avaible on r14 so others are screw on that)

-hull volume, you have to keep in mind that no matter how much resistance you have, if you loose a module it will still deal full dmg+explosion dmg so you’ll loose at lot of hull, that why it’s important to have a nice amount of hull, it can save ur a* against cov ops and actually every pilots that aim at your modules.

respawn time need to be reduced or maybe just remove that dmg booster in close combat and missile slot nerf (even if it’s apparently just a test)

I would reduce destroyer close range damage modifier to 1.25, reduce damage taken from subsystem destruction to a fraction, and reduce hull durability by 40% and shield durability by 10 to 20%.

Explosive weapon damage modifier against subsystems should probably be something like 0.125, and Plasma Arc should have 0.25 damage modifier against them.

7 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

This is exactly why I stated that the fukn thread is about destroyer spawn time and repair cost.

Or you know maybe because YOU NAMED this thread this way?