Contracts by UMC: updating the InfoCenter

Mercenaries,

In this thread UMC will be posting open contracts to update different areas of their InfoCenters dataBase. Contracts will be rewarded with in game premium currency (GOLD). Size of the reward will be based on estimated difficulty of the contract and overall quality of the completed task.

This is a great opportunity to help Community, the Game and gain some shinies in the process.

_ Active Contracts: _

1)  Profile icon.png Profile Status: StatueofLibroty

Completed _  Contracts: _

Skills.png  [Implants: APSingh](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/31482-contracts-by-umc-updating-the-infocenter/&do=findComment&comment=376443)

Achievements icon.png  [Achievements xXThunderFlameXx](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/31482-contracts-by-umc-updating-the-infocenter/&do=findComment&comment=376925)

Medals_icon.png

Update WiKi page Medals.

Description:

Update and complete the table for all medals available in game

- Reupload all medals form attached bundle (contains all icons for all in game medals) - re-upload is required for every medal in order to have every image of equal uniform size

• Update and complete column with each medals name

• Column “Description” - text of required conditions to obtain the medal.

Images for all medals are located here:

https://goo.gl/IU7hCs

I call the medals one! Gimmie this and I’ll have it done over the weekend lickity split. Boring tedious work has always been my strong-suit.

Just a quick question, how am I supposed to know what medal goes with what row? They aren’t exactly labelled…

Actually nevermind i’ll just do it all over from scratch.

You can kinda try to work out medal names from current “description” content, some of them aren’t necessary clear, but see if you can.

Optionally if we can’t align medals, we’d have to remove column XP (in that case gotta add like a paragraph of text, something like “each earned medal gives small amount of synergy” or something)

Technically we could ask Cinnamon for a table “Medal - Synergy yield”, but that would take a long time to get that data, and it is hardly important anyways.

P.S. your forum credentials should allow you the editing, wiki uses same authentication as forums.

I can get the ships then,got all of them so that wont be a problem!

Unless someone can get me a list of each medal’s name with it’s Synergy profit, I’m probably just going to remove the synergy column and add some detail text at the top.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Unless someone can get me a list of each medal’s name with it’s Synergy profit, I’m probably just going to remove the synergy column and add some detail text at the top.

Sure

Btw, shoulve told you from the start, when you upload the medal file, please use word “medal_” or “_medal” some where in the file name, that way it is much easier to find all the files later, like you uploaded “Three_Down.png”, do “Three_Down_medal.png” or “medal_Three_Down.png” instead

don’t worry about uploading copies of the same file under different names, unused files and pages will be cleaned up at some point anyways. 

4 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

I can get the ships then,got all of them so that wont be a problem!

Ships kinda done. Stay tuned there will be more contract.

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

Sure

Btw, shoulve told you from the start, when you upload the medal file, please use word “medal_” or “_medal” some where in the file name, that way it is much easier to find all the files later, like you uploaded “Three_Down.png”, do “Three_Down_medal.png” or “medal_Three_Down.png” instead

don’t worry about uploading copies of the same file under different names, unused files and pages will be cleaned up at some point anyways. 

Whoops alrighty. Is there any way to upload more than one at a time?

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

Whoops alrighty. Is there any way to upload more than one at a time?

Yeah sorry, saw you uploading plenty of files ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Unfortunately plug-in that should let us upload multiple files is not working.

It’s just like doing anything in college. The moment you think you did it right, someone tells you that you need to do it again. Xp

The worst part isnt uploading them, it’s just finding the proper medal names because whoever made the pack didn’t name them.

EDIT: There seems to be one or two unused medals in here. Shall I add them too?

Edit2: Gonna be leaving soonish for an irl thing. I should resume work some time late tonight or tomorrow.

Wiki page should reflect what is available in-game on Pilots profile, so if there are any missing images, we’d have to make them yourself, for now.

If there are extra images - don’t bother adding them, since they are irrelevant to what is in-game.

Skills.png

Update WiKi page Implants

Description:

• Update info and values for all the implants in the table

• Change over all look of the page to be similar to Example_1Example_2Example_3 (Table border type, Background colors, no white cards)

• Display all faction images in the table as 45px, centered ( [[File:Jericho.png|45px|center]] )

P.S. this one is pretty short one, but I am more curious if there are people willing to do short tasks for some gold  ![:576a55a9bca5d_):](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/576a55a9bca5d_).png “:576a55a9bca5d_):”)

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

Skills.png

Update WiKi page Implants

Description:

• Update info and values for all the implants in the table

• Change over all look of the page to be similar to Example_1Example_2Example_3 (Table border type, Background colors, no white cards)

• Display all faction images in the table as 45px, centered ( [[File:Jericho.png|45px|center]] )

P.S. this one is pretty short one, but I am more curious if there are people willing to do short tasks for some gold  ![:576a55a9bca5d_):](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/576a55a9bca5d_).png “:576a55a9bca5d_):”)

i can do that

Go for it

So time period?

1 hour ago, APSingh said:

So time period?

Contracts themself don’t really have a time frame, but if someone is taking one, i’d expect it to be done in a week or so (even though they take couple hours to complete). 

Bottom line I’d prefer people take on contracts and take on ownership, right befor they would start working on it, last thing i want people reserving them for unknown time, since it is possible some one else would finish it meanwhile.

Exceptions will be some big contracts that would requer a lot of effort to do.

Done uploading medal images finally. Now I’ve started rewriting the actual page and adding the new icons. Out with the old, and in with the new!

On 25/9/2016 at 11:22 PM, xKostyan said:

Contracts themself don’t really have a time frame, but if someone is taking one, i’d expect it to be done in a week or so (even though they take couple hours to complete). 

Bottom line I’d prefer people take on contracts and take on ownership, right befor they would start working on it, last thing i want people reserving them for unknown time, since it is possible some one else would finish it meanwhile.

Exceptions will be some big contracts that would requer a lot of effort to do.

exactly why i asked, and should i include detail of crews as well? as now crew and implant is synonymous thing in star conflict

5 hours ago, APSingh said:

exactly why i asked, and should i include detail of crews as well? as now crew and implant is synonymous thing in star conflict

Feel free to add couple of paragraphs with any info you feel necessary, and it would make perfect sence to explain how crew works in the same section (add some picture to go with it too). Thank you.