Contest 'Explorer' (Discussion)

contest_exp_ru.jpg

Tomorrow will be 47 years since the launch of spacecraft, that landed humans on the Moon. In honor of this momentous event, we invite you to take part in the [creative contest](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30983-contest-explorer/).

We invite you to become a space explorer and dream! Imagine that you go into the unknown…

“Works will be accepted until the 31 st of July.” Is what it should say.

17 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

“Works will be accepted until the 31 st of July.” Is what it should say.

Plenty of time.hope people will make them brief and not a whole book as Papy does.

The ship that I would choose is Sword AE.

The reason is that,a tackler is very good for exploration,I would use the Cruise engine modification to get around quicker,and the resistant shields,aswell as the awesome look will surely make any trip out an experience worth living,since the technological advance Jericho has will be very helpful getting out from any situation,good or bad.

It can also have good regenerative capacities,manoeuvrability and firepower,it is also energy efficient!

I would use it to explore new planets,and maybe even find alien lifeforms!

_ “Into the unknown,so it wont be unknown anymore!” _

Copy-cat.

9 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Plenty of time.hope people will make them brief and not a whole book as Papy does.

Dude, re-read the contest: your supposed to Dream… the best STORY will recieve

you need those requirements, but you also need to tell a story. I personally liked pappys story

Guys… it says the Authors of the best stories will be chosen… … you need to tell us a story! 

3 hours ago, Zombie_Hunter003 said:

Dude, re-read the contest: your supposed to Dream… the best STORY will recieve

you need those requirements, but you also need to tell a story. I personally liked pappys story

No,it says,BRIEFLY,you know what that means?A few paragraphs,not a few pages.[Look for yourself.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30983-contest-explorer/)

48 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

No,it says,BRIEFLY,you know what that means?A few paragraphs,not a few pages.[Look for yourself.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30983-contest-explorer/)

To enter the contest you need:

• Choose a ship from Star Conflict universe.
  • Tell briefly why you have chosen this ship to explore new horizons.
  • Be sure to come up with a slogan for your research.

Works will be accepted until 31th July. The authors of the best stories will be chosen at the beginning of August and receive a reward :

Its a contest for a  CREATIVE STORY
Yes, you need to pick a ship, and tell them why you picked that specific ship, but your also required to be an  AUTHOR  which means you write a story. only authors of the best STORIES  will win

SO TELL A STORY!

11 minutes ago, Zombie_Hunter003 said:

Its a contest for a  CREATIVE STORY
Yes, you need to pick a ship, and tell them why you picked that specific ship, but your also required to be an  AUTHOR  which means you write a story. only authors of the best STORIES  will win

Story of your choice, guys! You also can add some paragraphs about your expedition, but don’t write a lot, please ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) The main is the choice of the ship and why.

And don’t forget a slogan! It’s important.

15 minutes ago, Zombie_Hunter003 said:

Tell briefly why you have chosen this ship to explore new horizons.

Tell briefly 

briefly

my sincerest apologies… I took it as you had to tell what ship you’d use and why, keeping that part brief, and then have an elaborate story about an expedition… I think my story might be a tad bit on the long side, and I haven’t finished writing the third installment…

18 minutes ago, Zombie_Hunter003 said:

my sincerest apologies… I took it as you had to tell what ship you’d use and why, keeping that part brief, and then have an elaborate story about an expedition… I think my story might be a tad bit on the long side, and I haven’t finished writing the third installment…

I know how the frustration on some of the contests feels like.But if you came up with all of that,I’m sure you can find a way to narrow it down.

13 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

I know how the frustration on some of the contests feels like.But if you came up with all of that,I’m sure you can find a way to narrow it down.

I have 3 more passages framed out in my head, part 1 was discovery, part 2 was recon, part 3 is a battle to liberate the sector, part 4 is a second invasion by aliens, and finally a signing of a treaty (the conclusion)
it probably won’t count anyways, because I have a squad now, and was thinking of using a whole fleet in parts 3/4 complete with a dreadnought! When you go exploring in the mountains, you have to be prepared for anything. A cave might hold great treasure, but it could also house a sleeping bear…

I love how the majority of “slogans” use the word unknown for whatever reason.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

We invite you to become a space explorer and dream! Imagine that you go into the unknown…

![:003:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003.png “:003:”)

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It is indeed and unknown reason.sorry

These people and their two-page stories. Yikes.

This contest is too much for me, I think I’m better at designing game mechanics. I want a spec ops design contest damn it. 

Also, this is my 777th post. Yay.

5 hours ago, ShonFrost said:

Also, this is my 777th post. Yay.

Mine were not too long ago.  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I guess many don’t understand that the contest is about a brief explanation of why you take a ship, not a long story of your past.

Why the hell would you need a slogan in a 2 pages story anyway? 

BTW, I guess I’m a bit “think outside of the box” in this contest. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)