Command ships and PvP

No love for Imperial gunships?

I’m dying to see an LRF guide as well. That one is waaaaay overdue.

Tacklers don’t have awesome high damage; they’re anti-interceptor ships, or at least that’s what they’re advertised as. They don’t have burst damage, but they do have stable damage (thanks to the almost zero cooldown for Target Painter). If you want to learn a little more about tacklers I have an introductory tackler guide in the guides section of the forum. 

Like what Snib said, you should be going for covops, which unfortunately means you have to grind through quite a bit before you get the Jericho versions. 

Well Imo tacklers have some nice damage. Target painter + usually high amount of capacitor slots or crit bonuses (Sawtooth, Bear, Panther, Lion, Sword AE) = dangerous damage dealer.

No love for Imperial gunships?

I’m dying to see an LRF guide as well. That one is waaaaay overdue.

Omega should make an ELRF guide. I can make a JLRF guide if most of you are okay with it. 3 thumbs up or thanks and I’ll do it. Ofc someone else can make the JLRF guide as well tho.

I can make a JLRF guide if most of you are okay with it. 3 thumbs up or thanks and I’ll do it.

No fair, I can’t thumb down. xD

Well Imo tacklers have some nice damage. Target painter + usually high amount of capacitor slots or crit bonuses (Sawtooth, Bear, Panther, Lion, Sword AE) = dangerous damage dealer.

Based on my understanding of what JadenYugari said, I assumed a covops would be preferred, since they do have better burst damage potential than tacklers. Tacklers are more noted for having consistent damage, but you’re definitely right: if the damage output is not only consistent but also high, then that’s cool because that’s exactly what’s needed for the job.

Omega should make an ELRF guide. I can make a JLRF guide if most of you are okay with it. 3 thumbs up or thanks and I’ll do it. Ofc someone else can make the JLRF guide as well tho.

I have some work to clear up over the next few days… if I have time and the guide isn’t up by then, I can write as well.

Fact is that, if you are good enough to aim, position, and back when needed, you can get maniac medals whatever you fly.

I should make a video of me flying ELRF, that will be funny :00555:

Kostyan video(s) with LRF pretty much showed how to properly play them.

Fact is that in t3, if you are good enough to aim, position,  and back when needed,  you can get maniac medals whatever you fly. 

how is it different from any other tier?

Yup, but there’s still nothing that is truly defined as a tutorial. There are some tips to know, that you may not understand when looking at his video.

how is it different from any other tier?

Hum, good question. Let’s remove those 2 word in a hurry!

t5 aura is a beast with the new diffusion buff i think (compared to what it was before anyway)

t5 aura is a beast with the new diffusion buff i think (compared to what it was before anyway)

Sword S is now even better. You will have a bit less energy regen (because you lack one additional hull) but you can have more cap (thanks to more shield slots) and also the Sword S has bonus to energy consumption.

This, added to the new boost to shield booster (I can use mine every 26 seconds), make them good again, quite hard to take down, and with great DPS (mine has 3200 dps with assault rails)

But Jeri commands still lag behind Imperial commands, am I right?

But Jeri commands still lag behind Imperial commands, am I right?

Usually Jerry commands have more engine and CPU slots. They are different. And with the latest changes to shield tank, they are closer. I prefer jerry commands over empire in all tiers.

Usually Jerry commands have more engine and CPU slots. They are different. And with the latest changes to shield tank, they are closer. I prefer jerry commands over empire in all tiers.

Well Sword S has less Engines than Aura. And Lance S is on par with Spartacus in Engines.

Sword S is now even better. You will have a bit less energy regen (because you lack one additional hull) but you can have more cap (thanks to more shield slots) and also the Sword S has bonus to energy consumption.

This, added to the new boost to shield booster (I can use mine every 26 seconds), make them good again, quite hard to take down, and with great DPS (mine has 3200 dps with assault rails)

If your Shield Booster is 26 seconds, you gonna be a food to ECMs, since that multipurpose module is the only way for you to prevent energy drain with J8 implant, and you are using E8. If you are going full on Diffusion Shield tank, at least make sure to protect it.

If your Shield Booster is 26 seconds, you gonna be a food to ECMs, since that multipurpose module is the only way for you to prevent energy drain with J8 implant, and you are using E8. If you are going full on Diffusion Shield tank, at least make sure to protect it.

In case you are using implants specifically for command yes, if not, the two other are better all around.

In case you are using implants specifically for command yes, if not, the two other are better all around.

That is one of the reason Empire > Jer commands though, since it still do very well with no diffusions shield and can live without J8 vs ECMs, while Jer gets brutally violated in multiple positions as soon as ECM flies by 

That is one of the reason Empire > Jer commands though, since it still do very well with no diffusions shield and can live without J8 vs ECMs, while Jer gets brutally violated in multiple positions as soon as ECM flies by 

Everything except gunships gets brutally violated in multiple positions as soon as ECM flies by. An imperial command without diffusion shield is just a wannabe gunship, without overdrive and combat reboot. That video of the  Prom X you posted, you can do better with a DE or a Nukem.

And btw, an Aura or a Sword S has enough cap volume and regen to survive all the syphon effects of the ecm (Even the Waki AE with bonus syphon 3100 energy over 8,5 secs) without losing all its energy,  if they are fitted for diffusion shield defense. And in case they are under the engineer energy aura, they just laugh at the ECM. Auras usually have around 330 energy regen and 1500 cap, and Swords S reach 285 regen with 2000 cap.

Of course, ECM will hamper you tanking abilities under diffusion shield, but a intelligent ECM player will disable you so you can’t use your diffusion shield at all, not even bothering to syphon your energy.

Everything except gunships and LRF gets brutally violated in multiple positions as soon as ECM flies by.

FTFY

That video of the  Prom X you posted, you can do better with a DE or a Nukem.

Premium ships > nearly everything in T3, but for free ships the Prom and Prom X are pretty awesome, and better imperial T3 gunships than the Phobos any day.