Combat Recon still causing problems.

Lasts one second, don’t get to spawn. Usually due to stupid captains that sit in enemy spawn and die or else not many players and one team gets spawn camped. Yet we get chucked into the match ONE second before the captain dies. Then we get to be blown up by 5 ships vs 1 or else not even a spawn because the captain died. Oh, and we get T1 loot at the end and no rewards…

12185037_497867357051597_805599438804938

Yeah this really annoys, like I didn’t queue to have my time wasted.

*Joins battle* “Yay we’ve already lost! :'D”

Yes, is one of the bad side effects of the new match making. I hope they fix it soon.

I would suggest to let the cap respawn at the first 2 min but each capkill should count as 2or3.

I would suggest to let the cap respawn at the first 2 min but each capkill should count as 2or3.

+1

A combat recon remake is in progress anyways, so just be patient and wait for it to happen.

Btw…

Our version

BezwuCX.jpg

Our version

I’m surprised kurdi managed to not die

Yes, is one of the bad side effects of the new match making. I hope they fix it soon.

Working on it. But it takes time, cause this mode requires a lot of work to do.

Working on it. But it takes time, cause this mode requires a lot of work to do.

Did you consider my suggestion when the first change to MM was made? It was that there should be a starting zone around the spawn in which the captain is invulnerable for 60 seconds, and if the captain decides to leave the zone, he loses the protection. If you wish me to rewrite my suggestion in detail, I will gladly make a new thread.

Did you consider my suggestion when the first change to MM was made? It was that there should be a starting zone around the spawn in which the captain is invulnerable for 60 seconds, and if the captain decides to leave the zone, he loses the protection. If you wish me to rewrite my suggestion in detail, I will gladly make a new thread.

yes. we are still discussing this. But it has drawbacks, considering join-in-progress situation.

yes. we are still discussing this. But it has drawbacks, considering join-in-progress situation.

Just make the Captain’s artifact.

Maybe only choosen 3 with the highest rating can pick it up, or anyone can for that matter.

Most players (smart ones) would think twice and ask on chat about it.

Most players (smart ones) would think twice and ask on chat about it.

And what if they don’t? The problem still remains.

And what if they don’t? The problem still remains.

This join in progress mess should never start. We got lag spikes as well.

I preferred the old system, but our only problem was lack of population and waiting times.

I guess it is impossible to revert to the old system, while keeping improvements of the current matchmaking?

Main point stands. I do not like to be chosen as the Captain, when I do not feel like it.

It would be best, if I could just select what mode would I like to play!

Team Deathmatch

Capture the Beacon

Domination

Combat Recon

I do not know, just make sure that you have the option that you’re never chosen as the Captain, if you don’t like to.

If everybody have the same option, then it is nullified and standard rules apply (first 3 with the highest ELO rating).

If everybody have the same option, then it is nullified and standard rules apply (first 3 with the highest ELO rating).

The problem is you have often only 3player per team in the beginning, so even the worst player can be captain

The problem is you have often only 3player per team in the beginning, so even the worst player can be captain

Exactly. Join in progress MM is not good, imo.

Exactly. Join in progress MM is not good, imo.

It also destroys half of you tactics, like today i thought someone don’t need cover to plant the bomb(3v3 one was dead the other two next to the other bomb) but then suddenly 3player appeared from nowwhere and killed him.

I honestly think the best fix for combat recon is take away the cap’s invulnerability if he/she shoots or uses a module. This way they have the option of staying alive for that first minute, but if the cap wants to help in that first minute, the invuln is gone. This kind of change would force captains to play more carefully in that first minute, making it so that caps cant farm kills. The problem I find with joining these games that are already lost are when one team is far better than the other, so the good team’s cap roflstomps the enemy team in the first minute, then kills the captain once invuln is gone. That problem is erased by my suggestion.

I honestly think the best fix for combat recon is take away the cap’s invulnerability if he/she shoots or uses a module

Same disadvantages as in previous suggestions.

Same disadvantages as in previous suggestions.

We will find a solution. It is there, somewhere…

I like join in progress. The lag spikes are a problem and not conducive to competitive play, but it is better than before where you had to sit in queue for much longer.

The problem where you join a dead match is there, but it does not happen frequently imo. Also, my recommendation for combat recon is to set it back to randomly pick from the top 1-3 pilots on each side, and to reduce invulnerability to 30 seconds. 60 seconds is too long and can be abused to fly in, get a kill, and fly out.