Combat Recon still causing problems.

Also, my recommendation for combat recon is to set it back to randomly pick from the top 1-3 pilots on each side, and to reduce invulnerability to 30 seconds. 60 seconds is too long and can be abused to fly in, get a kill, and fly out.

Same disadvantages…

I suppose we’ve found a solution, just wait for it :-) 

Same disadvantages…

I suppose we’ve found a solution, just wait for it :-) 

The only option is that Combat Recon mode starts with all players (previous MM system) and not with join-in-progress session.

Then there is no reason or need to change anything. Just revert to the old system, but for this mode only.

So, it is simple. Join in progress is disabled for this mode.

If there is not enough players, MM will never select Combat Recon, unless if there is.

I would still suggest, let the captain die and give 2-3 point for him in the first 1-1.5 min.

I would still suggest, let the captain die and give 2-3 point for him in the first 1-1.5 min.

And this will motivate a captain to play cautiosly? Your solution is partially similar with ours.

Get a Hyena with gauss and cruise kill the players but (if they less then 3) make it as late as possible to have enough time with their captain while rest in respawn time and voila 1:03 seconds win!!!

(no garlic needed)

Get a Hyena with gauss and cruise kill the players but (if they less then 3) make it as late as possible to have enough time with their captain while rest in respawn time and voila 1:03 seconds win!!!

(no garlic needed)

Or you get outnumbered because to many player join the battle and you recognise it to late

Or you get outnumbered because to many player join the battle and you recognise it to late

But you can monitor the number of players in a match isn’t it?

late join on detonation and combat recon are the worst. It’s not uncommon for me to late join this game mode while people already have a 500-1k+ score and it eats a hundred points off my pilot rating.

Thats where u need garlic bro (for luck)

late join on detonation and combat recon are the worst. It’s not uncommon for me to late join this game mode while people already have a 500-1k+ score and it eats a hundred points off my pilot rating.

just ignore detonation, no one likes it anyway  :014j:

just ignore detonation, no one likes it anyway  :014j:

:008j:  Detonation is the gamemode where I have the most fun! And it is one of the only modes where I actually don’t mind it being balanced or not, since I can just rush around planting in my fast inti, or rush around destroying inties in my fast takler, no strings attached :smiley: Also the only gamemode where frigballs have no chance of winning, so you at no point feel that you have been cheated of your victory. It is also the mode where the outcome is the least predictable. Epic turnarounds at the last second are not uncommon!

:008j:  Detonation is the gamemode where I have the most fun! And it is one of the only modes where I actually don’t mind it being balanced or not, since I can just rush around planting in my fast inti, or rush around destroying inties in my fast takler, no strings attached :smiley: Also the only gamemode where frigballs have no chance of winning, so you at no point feel that you have been cheated of your victory. It is also the mode where the outcome is the least predictable. Epic turnarounds at the last second are not uncommon!

I think it is fun too, I just don’t like it when I’m not at the top of the scoreboard because I joined late. I’d rather it be because I played badly.

That’s part of the problem - there’s no teamwork you can apply to it, really. If you get outsped, you lose. There’s no way to adapt mid-game to that, and expecting everyone to be able to fly 700m/s (or take a tackler) is a little unreasonable.

That’s part of the problem - there’s no teamwork you can apply to it, really. If you get outsped, you lose. There’s no way to adapt mid-game to that, and expecting everyone to be able to fly 700m/s (or take a tackler) is a little unreasonable.

Or both. Spamming cruise tacklers or recons with holograms is typically how one wins.

How to play detonation (a dummy’s guide):

Step 1: Press and hold the ‘alt’ key

Step 2: While holding ‘alt’, press ‘F4’

For real though, detonation is horrible in the current meta. There are a few specific ship builds that will almost always guarantee a win. I still enjoy abusing one of those builds (700 m/s recon), but only to try and beat my time record on detonation (1:24 is my current record).

I’ve always had the most fun in detonation when I was in a 4-man squad, where we would have fast ships grab the bombs, run them back to extremely tanky ships, and drop them, so the tanky ships would pick them up. Then it turns into Team Battle, but your teammates with the bomb are slower than normal.

How to play detonation (a dummy’s guide):

Step 1: Press and hold the ‘alt’ key

Step 2: While holding ‘alt’, press ‘F4’

For real though, detonation is horrible in the current meta. There are a few specific ship builds that will almost always guarantee a win. I still enjoy abusing one of those builds (700 m/s recon), but only to try and beat my time record on detonation (1:24 is my current record).

I’ve always had the most fun in detonation when I was in a 4-man squad, where we would have fast ships grab the bombs, run them back to extremely tanky ships, and drop them, so the tanky ships would pick them up. Then it turns into Team Battle, but your teammates with the bomb are slower than normal.

I think that Cruise Engine should become inactive/useless, when you pick a bomb!

It would solve a lot of problems!

I think that Cruise Engine should become inactive/useless, when you pick a bomb!

It would solve a lot of problems!

Nah its not that bad if your timing is good and can handle one or two intys on your back u can plant them all easyly but not the fastest way ofcourse

Nah its not that bad if your timing is good and can handle one or two intys on your back u can plant them all easyly but not the fastest way ofcourse

He’s complaining about cruise engine being too good in detonation, not being bad.

He’s complaining about cruise engine being too good in detonation, not being bad.

Ops didnt catch that b4 thanks