Coil Mortar really is a game breaker (for me) atm

To dodge the coil shells, we need to get way out of their way or risk they just detonate as they pass by; very hard to pull while trying to keep the frigate in sight and shooting at it (i’m terrible at it it seem). At least, i haven’t found how to pull it off without changing my fits/implants just to fight frigates with coils. 

You need to use the unmapped directional buttons, turn up/down/left/right. Without those you can’t reach the top leagues (it’s an exaggeration but yes, it’s a huge advantage in my eyes, once they are mastered) . The controls are there for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Guard frigates with coil mortars and pulsar are freaking imba bullshit, aka i win button (unless it cap point battles, due to lack of speed)

Try to play one…

You need to use the unmapped directional buttons, turn up/down/left/right. Without those you can’t reach the top leagues. The controls are there for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

I will finally reach the top leagues when I start using them?

YAY!

I will finally reach the top leagues when I start using them?

YAY!

Pffff it’s just an expression, and I edited it BEFORE of your post Tillo, because I knew that’s troll food :slight_smile:

Guard frigates with coil mortars and pulsar are freaking imba bullshit, aka i win button (unless it cap point battles, due to lack of speed)

Some tips to counter guards with coils and pulsar.

• Pulsar is only active for 12 seconds. Bait the pulsar, leave the range (which is fairly short, 1.200 m purple) and start firing at the guard from outside the pulsar range. Also, you can just YOLO the whole pulsar under the recon parasitic remodulator AND you also make damage to the guard shields.

• Coil mortars have slow rate of fire, and they have a cycling mechanic. That means that turrets are fired in a cycle, and the same turret won’t fire till the other 3 (or 5 in a LRF) have fired. You can use that to get into the ship blind spots and just kill them with impunity.

• Most frigates have their blind zone behind and below the ship. Since they are slow turning ones (mostly the jerry ones) it is easy to stay there with a fighter or an interceptor.

• When in doubt, use ECM interceptors and shut down their modules.

its its so xxxx hard,. oh look i have 3 resitance i can switch momentarily to that makes me inruvrnable…oh HARD GAMEPLAY 

You need to use the unmapped directional buttons, turn up/down/left/right. Without those you can’t reach the top leagues (it’s an exaggeration but yes, it’s a huge advantage in my eyes, once they are mastered) . The controls are there for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Using directional buttons make your flight path predictable. They are hardly an advantage, and any good pilot will kill you anyway.

its its so xxxx hard,. oh look i have 3 resitance i can switch momentarily to that makes me inruvrnable…oh HARD GAMEPLAY 

It happens that sometimes, you will face two enemies at a time, or a ship with two different damage sources. 

Also, it doesn’t matter if you have the strongest tank, if you can’t hit the enemy because he is in your blind spot, he will kill you anyway.

Use them, and learn their disadvantages. There are plenty of them to exploit.

It happens that sometimes, you will face two enemies at a time, or a ship with two different damage sources. 

Also, it doesn’t matter if you have the strongest tank, if you can’t hit the enemy because he is in your blind spot, he will kill you anyway.

Use them, and learn their disadvantages. There are plenty of them to exploit.

oh the horror, sometimes you cant take multiple enemies !

Using directional buttons make your flight path predictable. They are hardly an advantage, and any good pilot will kill you anyway.

What? The idea behind the directional buttons is that you can spin your ship around and change directions constantly by also applying thrust, thus dodging fire, while being able to keep the mouse pointer on the target. They are hardly an advantage at start because it makes flying ridiculously hectic and you’ll more often than not go in the wrong direction. But once you get the hang of it, you can never go back. 

oh the horror, sometimes you cant take multiple enemies !

Madgelo is just here to QQ and troll, he’s not interested in your advice. Advice that is actually very appropriate and correct. 

What? The idea behind the directional buttons is that you can spin your ship around and change directions constantly by also applying thrust, thus dodging fire, while being able to keep the mouse pointer on the target. They are hardly an advantage at start because it makes flying ridiculously hectic and you’ll more often than not go in the wrong direction. But once you get the hang of it, you can never go back. 

Due to damage reduction ratios when you fire out of the front cone of fire, firing while moving in circles using directional buttons is most of the time useless.

It is good for evasive maneuvers in triple verniers interceptors, but in a dog fight is not worth at all.

Pffff it’s just an expression, and I edited it BEFORE of your post Tillo, because I knew that’s troll food :slight_smile:

C’mon

Feed me!

practise and keyboard which use multiple buttons at the same time is needed

coz 3 button limit is not enough for that

Due to damage reduction ratios when you fire out of the front cone of fire, firing while moving in circles using directional buttons is most of the time useless.

It is good for evasive maneuvers in triple verniers interceptors, but in a dog fight is not worth at all.

it’s still dmg output… sometimes that little dmg will give you enough advantage to win dogfight

it’s still dmg output… sometimes that little dmg will give you enough advantage to win dogfight

Well I didn’t say it is useless. Just “almost” useless in most situations.

I remember one guy from DNO just circling non stop with his waki AE, using ecm modules and avoiding return fire, without firing a shot.

He died to a face torp but still, pretty annoying.

When in doubt, use ECM interceptors

Good tip :slight_smile:  ECM solves everything.

Good tip :slight_smile:  ECM solves everything.

as usual lol

Well I didn’t say it is useless. Just “almost” useless in most situations.

I remember one guy from DNO just circling non stop with his waki AE, using ecm modules and avoiding return fire, without firing a shot.

He died to a face torp but still, pretty annoying.

Evi maybe for you it’s useless, but for me it’s crucial. And I don’t just circle, that’s useless in a fighter, i just steer my ship in other directions a bit while having the mouse pointer on target, so i usually have a full front cone shot, while the ship doesn’t go in a straight line. I have to admit i’m cheating a bit tho, i use a thumbstick and not keys for this.  

My 2 cents on turn keys. I like them. They help me face the target faster while still maintaining aim on target. You can also shoot backwards making drive-by cruise modifiers much more effect.

Guards are one of the least overpowered roles in the game. Coil Mortar is its best weapon loadout (Beam Laser is good too but a little harder to capitalize on) so the buff was welcome.

Like a lot of things in this game, it’s something you need to learn the play/counterplay for. Star Conflict has an incredible nuance and depth, which on the surface makes a lot of different things look overpowered.

If everyone starts running Coil Mortar, then everyone packs more Kinetic resist, which makes Coil Mortar less appealing to play, unless you want to kill Engineers. Coil Mortar is hell when you’re an Engie, haha.

Guards are one of the least overpowered roles in the game. Coil Mortar is its best weapon loadout (Beam Laser is good too but a little harder to capitalize on) so the buff was welcome.

Like a lot of things in this game, it’s something you need to learn the play/counterplay for. Star Conflict has an incredible nuance and depth, which on the surface makes a lot of different things look overpowered.

If everyone starts running Coil Mortar, then everyone packs more Kinetic resist, which makes Coil Mortar less appealing to play, unless you want to kill Engineers. Coil Mortar is hell when you’re an Engie, haha.

You can see  the death of your drones and possible future heal stations like three seconds away. It’s insane. Especially if you’re out of cover.

You can see  the death of your drones and possible future heal stations like three seconds away. It’s insane. Especially if you’re out of cover.

I get that it’s important to be able to kill the Engie’s drones and such, but man. It hurts to see. I cringe every time I see a Mortar flying towards me when I’m out of cover.

There’s a reason they were the only thing that could beat me back in t2 frig duels, especially in TB/Combat Recon.