Classified Files: Shield Polarization Coating

I have an idea for a new tier IV and tier V hull item module.

You’re familiar with a Regenerative Coating , right?

2nt8v92.png

Now Jericho scientists have found a way to increase a shield regeneration through increased energy flows.

It is very similar to already existing Regenerative Coating.

Thanks to superior salvaged Biomorph’s technology, we are now able to provide the latest piece of hull equipment for your ships.

It is ready for testing and it should be deployed immediately.

It is especially useful on a Guard.

If you carry more than one, you get a diminishing return effect, which will basically decrease its efficiency, if you use more than 1.

New module specifications:

Name of the module: Shield Polarization Coating

Availability: Tier IV and V

Occupancy: Hull item (slot)

Upgradable: Yes (Mark 4 and/or Mark 5)

Role: All ships (No restrictions)

Inventor: Jericho - Techs

Special ability description:

When capacitor charge is above 50%, transfers surplus energy to shield regeneration.

Shield regeneration rate depends on  available energy and reaches 100 pts. per sec. at full capacitor charge.

i would add -10pts of hull resistance.

no. make that 30% of base regeneration.

i would add -10pts of hull resistance.

You’re missing out on whatever other upside you’d be getting from having another slot on. It’s balanced as is.

no. make that 30% of base regeneration.

Regen Coating starts at 50%. Not that it’s strong enough, but still.

You’re missing out on whatever other upside you’d be getting from having another slot on. It’s balanced as is.

Regen Coating starts at 50%. Not that it’s strong enough, but still.

I meant to regenerate 30% of base shield regeneration. For example, you have 100 base shield regen. with that module you would have 130 pts per second

There’s already that capacitor power relay thing, which is not only always on, but also more efficient, I believe.

since basic shield regen is 100 already… having another 100 (at max en.pool)…plus having some extra regen modules… it can go well beyond 300. wich is very close to having shield booster on all the time. and such shields would be hard to take down… thats why in my opinion it could be good tradeoff with bit of reduced hull resistance. because i’d strap that thing on every ship that has extra hull slot :stuck_out_tongue: or all 3 hull sluts. regen monster… :smiley:

There’s already that capacitor power relay thing, which is not only always on, but also more efficient, I believe.

Could always change the Asynchronous Shield to this idea since the Power Relay is pretty much strictly better. (Especially since I can now spend that precious shield slot on far more valuable resistance or volume)

Bring it on. +1

You know little. That capacitor reduces energy regeneration as a penalty by almost 5%!

This one would not inflict any penalties. If regeneration is too great, it can be reduced from 100 pts. per sec. to 75 pts. per sec.