Class Passives

What I’ve noticed recently is that all the passive modules are the same across all the ships.

There are active modules which are class-specific, why not passive ones as well?

Interceptors

Covert Operations: Ghost - When stationary, enemies outside a range of xxxx metres cannot detect you and cannot acquire a target lock, but enemies already targeting you are not affected. Moving at +10 to -10 metres a second still allows you to stay hidden. If you target someone when still, the will not receive a notification. Gigas 2 implant will still function as if they have been targeted.

Reconnaissance: Odin’s Eye - Reveals to you only all enemies within a range of xxx metres, even if they’re cloaked. Chameleon module will prevent you from locking onto the target, but they will still be visible.

ECM: Scrambling Field - Enemies within xxx metres of you suffer from pixelated HUDs and reduced clarity, making you slightly harder to hit. Locking systems will function as normal, and missiles will have a very slight chance of veering off course (about 2%).

Fighters

Gunship: Steel Rain - Ups critical chance by x%. Primary weapons only.

Tackler: Stryker - Upon activating a debuff, your target cannot use any modules except from restoration and survival modules for x seconds. However, your all your active modules’ efficiency is reduced by x%.

Command: Resonance Feedback - For each friendly ship within xxx metres of you, you gain x pts of resistance to all damage types. This does not stack with multiphase shield adapter, nanocomposite coating or any other active modules along these lines. Neither does this stack with the Gigas 2 Implant: the game will use your highest resistance levels available. Stacks with passive modules. However, reduces friendly healing and restoration modules’ efficiency by xx% (this is to prevent having a command fighter fly into a fight with an engineer behind him and taking virtually no damage).

Frigates

Engineering: Range Scaling - The closer a ship is to you when you apply a healing effect, the more efficient the effect becomes, up to a maximum of xx% (no more than 30 at maximum).

Guard: Mjölnir - When shields are depleted, all damage dealt is increased by x%. For Jericho Guard Frigates, this effect applies when shield strength dips below 30%.

Long Range: Watcher - When using your long-range special module, your damage resistance to hull and shields is increased by x pts.

They already did have special sub faction F abilities but i think they took them out so to see and help balance the game. But suggestions are always good.

Command: Resonance Feedback - For each friendly ship within xxx metres of you, you gain x pts of resistance to all damage types. This does not stack with multiphase shield adapter, nanocomposite coating or any other active modules along these lines. Stacks with passive modules. However, reduces friendly healing and restoration modules’ efficiency by xx% (this is to prevent having a command fighter fly into a fight with an engineer behind him and taking virtually no damage).

This is already an implant… just fyi. 

I will say this though Sabre, this is the kind of posting I do like to see.

TRZC is right, they were set up by faction/subfaction.

EX: Raid Shields - Found on Jericho Fighters

Normal Shield - Added resist bonus

Raid Shield - Added bonus damage when damage was taken from the resist selected.

Tech Shield - % of damage to shield goes to repair hull damage.

This is already an implant… just fyi. 

I will say this though Sabre, this is the kind of posting I do like to see.

TRZC is right, they were set up by faction/subfaction.

EX: Raid Shields - Found on Jericho Fighters

Normal Shield - Added resist bonus

Raid Shield - Added bonus damage when damage was taken from the resist selected.

Tech Shield - % of damage to shield goes to repair hull damage.

Which implant? I haven’t seen it yet…

And thanks. I didn’t really see the old special module system, though, so I can’t give an opinion on that.

EDIT: Or is that the name of the implant?

Gigas II, rank 9 Empire, It gives 10 bonus hull resists for each person targeting you. :slight_smile:

Tackler: Stryker - Upon activating a debuff, your target cannot use any modules except from restoration and survival modules for x seconds. However, your all your active modules’ efficiency is reduced by x%.

Wait… will the second debuff I apply on an enemy be penalized?

Wait… will the second debuff I apply on an enemy be penalized?

EDIT: Sorry, misinterpreted my own writing.

Basically, this passive module reduces your active modules’ efficiency all the time, but as soon as an enemy is hit by your debuff, their active modules will fail. It’s sort of a double-edged sword: your enemy find themselves incredibly vulnerable, but you pay with a slight (by sight, I mean 10% or so) decrease to your active modules’ efficiency.

Gigas II, rank 9 Empire, It gives 10 bonus hull resists for each person targeting you. :slight_smile:

Still helpful for lower-tier Command ships, especially Jericho ones whose pilots do not have the Gigas Implant. :slight_smile: