"Chimera" craft

The idea struck me as insanely silly so I just had to post it.

The ship is a larger than normal frigate of indeterminate faction side. It has about the same durability as a T5 Engineer with no passive buffs. It has natural hull regen of 30p/s.

It’s main modules are limited to nothing but special modules of all classes. It’s individual special module can be swapped out as well. Yes this would lead to some strange, and seemingly OP builds, but consider this: it has no multipurpose or class modules. No fast healing without a support engi and is slow as a guard frigate. Just thought that this would be an interesting ship. Imagine this ship with ODG, Microwarp, Torp, Disint, and Guard Drones. Yeah. Most fun you’ll ever have on one ship.

Balance it how you like. I just want this to happen.

Look. You are suggesting a new ship class, right? Maybe you should just wait for Destroyers? 

Look. You are suggesting a new ship class, right? Maybe you should just wait for Destroyers? 

Just release a new DLC pack - Wrath of the Precursors, so that he will get all Alien ships.

Maybe one of the Destroyers will be an alienship…

Maybe is a terrible word to use when referring to things like that.

Though I’ll wait.

Maybe.

Maybe is a terrible word to use when referring to things like that.

Though I’ll wait.

Maybe.

I could simply break your dreams regarding Hunters with one word.

Considering you ask “Will I ever get a hunter to fly.”

Any Designer, any Doombot and any Developer will tell you:

"NO"

And yet here I am, determined as before.

And yet here I am, determined as before.

So you can keep tilting at windmills, but you can’t win the fight. :slight_smile:

What

What

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills

My goal is not vain if I get it in the end!

To be honest, it is kind of fun to think about, at the very least.

Imagine a bubble / microwarp / cloak / drones / phase shield ship. Get in battle, bubble as a frigate to confuse everybody, use drones and phase shield to stay there longer, cloak out once too damaged, and microwarp back to team if microlocated / spy drone’d / lazor’d / scared.

Or how about a torp / overdrive / drones / bubble / warp ship? Harass the enemy at midrange with weapons and torps until they send a covops at you, proceed to outbubble their orion and plasma arc (and get rid of white noise jammer and plasma web) and cloak / warp out of there. Or perhaps dogfight using your overdrive frigate.

Or even a bubble / diffusion / phase shield / drones / warp! Literally all four special modules that help tanking are on this ship, and the best chicken module of all time as well.

hahaha i would have a nice time in a random ship gamemode: everyone gets mixed stuff and chaos begin :smiley: sounds incredibly fun