Incredibly simple suggestion this time - revert the current spawn system for the ‘Experimental Destroyer’ to the system that was in place during the “Hostile Waters” event during the release of Dream Land.
The current system is flawed beyond belief and makes obtaining Cortical columns along with just seeing the Experimental Destroyer infinitely more painful than it needs to be.
The system that was in place during the “Hostile Waters” event made the ‘Experimental Destroyer’ spawn every 2 hours in every available instance of Dream Land, allowing for guaranteed Cortical Column gain and red/yellow seed chip access without a heavy layer of RNG.
Current problems with the system include:
- Unavailability of spawns
- Players with limited time or casual players will almost never see the Experimental Destroyer due to how infrequently it spawns
- Unreliable spawn logic
- I have on numerous occassions seen the Destroyer spawn within 15 minutes of an instance opening, ignoring the spawn rules that were shown on the RU forums
- Even once the 2-3 hour initial wait is over, there is no upper limit to the wait
- The ship should not be able to self destruct
- Actively hunting for a spawn and seeing one self destruct after having loaded into the instance seconds before is despair inducing, as you know you will be waiting for hours to see another
Current Suicide log and Failed spawn logs because sad:
18th of August - Suicide after being in the instance for a grand total of [33.825 seconds]
13th - 14th of August - No spawn after [637 minutes] spent in a single instance
10th of August - Self destructed after [approximately 15 seconds]
If you want logs, here have some logs - I don’t have the first suicide other than a screenshot sadly.
[18-8-21-pgod-suicide.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21147)[637min-pgod-nospawn.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21148)