change and improve the lead target display (lock-on) marker on the HUD

I am requesting a simple change, which is very important and necessary.

Sometimes I thought, that I locked on my target, and I fired a missile, but either I was not accurate with my mouse enough (I got auto-targetting disabled) and because of that, my missile missed, or I was not able to use my modules on the proper target in time. This is pretty common issue, especially if you’re fighting multiple opponents at once.

Summary:

Lead targetting marker display on the HUD should now have 3 things changed , to accomodate all playerbase, without any exceptions.

• geometry of the lead targetting marker display (color blind people adaptation)

• sound effect upon lock-on should be slightly different or changed (color blind people as well as general populace)

• color for locked target should change from common white to RED (most important change and most relevant)

With this simple change, it is pretty easy to know, if you got a proper target locked, you can follow it easier and react faster.

Do not forget to vote!

Thank you, Star Conflict Team

I would suggest adding a colour option for lock indicator so people don’t have to use red :slight_smile:

nice. would help me a lot such. as ever real nice ideas. is time that devs do follow some of your ideas.

Does the lead markers visual not change once a lock is established? The circle grows thicker. Sure, a different geometry might help distinguish even better.

Also, is there not a sound that plays once you start a lock-on that ends in a rather distinctive sound once the lock is established? It seems fine to me, what would you change about it?

I agree on the color change. You can currently select the lead marker color in the HUD options, I’d think it wouldn’t be so hard to add a third color selection for lead markers once locked on. Similarly, there could also be a selection for the geometry of the lead marker once locked, if there were to be multiple options.

Does the lead markers visual not change once a lock is established? The circle grows thicker. Sure, a different geometry might help distinguish even better.

Also, is there not a sound that plays once you start a lock-on that ends in a rather distinctive sound once the lock is established? It seems fine to me, what would you change about it?

I agree on the color change. You can currently select the lead marker color in the HUD options, I’d think it wouldn’t be so hard to add a third color selection for lead markers once locked on. Similarly, there could also be a selection for the geometry of the lead marker once locked, if there were to be multiple options.

We need not just thicker interface, geometry must be slightly different as well and maybe there should be also 2 rapid visual blinks for it (2 blinks in 1 second), to ensure that this is really the main target you locked upon.

Now it’s hardly distinguishable. Color of the marker may be a random choice as well. There is no need for only red color, if we got the option in the HUD to choose from multiple color palettes.

I would suggest adding a colour option for lock indicator so people don’t have to use red :slight_smile:

I agree with RennieAshll. I do not agree with you Koromak. Sound is perfect for me, geometry of new lock (the thicker one) is just perfect. However the idea of being able to change the color of the locked target is pretty good (i wouldnt use it anyway xD).

Perhaps have the lead indicator start a little more transparent and then fill in the opaqueness from the ship to the lead marker as the lock-on engages. Keep the indicator as is if so.

It could flash or spin with spikes during the acquisition phase then either stop flashing or flash depending on above.

Or you could use thin tri-split circle for non lock and the thicker full circle for lock. Sound is ok.

Good day! We have discussed your idea and came to a conclusion that we can’t change the colour of the lock because pilots can change the colour of the sight and lead marker.

Well then add a new lead marker option for “locked” ;p I know if you can develop video games this kind of thing wouldn’t be past you ;p XD

Or at least a different graphic seeing as you had to implement one to begin with… So a tri broken circle for non-lock and the full thick circle for lock ;p