Captain choice in 'Combat Recon'

Yes, this is what’s currently in place. 

If you want to be NOT captain, Have your SR below 1200. Lol. Cause Im about to hit the 1400 mark…aka the “No Life” zone. 

I like being captain only if A. I have my ECM equipped. and B. If I feel like it. Because I like moving up and forcing my team to protect my greek butt.  

SR is not the only thing that counts to be picked for cpt, read that somwhere.900SR guys gets picked for cpt (t3), if they are the strongest pilots by new rules well thats just…funny.

Yeah. The “new rules” are apparently as follows:

Skill rating: -2 if above 1300. +2 if below 1000.

Ships: 4 - number of ships in roster.

+1 if all your ships are low-tier (ie: rank 7 in T3, rank 10 in T4). -1 if high tier ships.

+2 per ship with less than 3 synergy levels. -1 per ship with max synergy.

-1 per 100 PvP games played.

+5 if no suitable Captain ships in Roster.

+10 per ship in roster that is one or more tiers below the match’s tier.

Highest 3 totals are eligable for Captain.

+1 if all your ships are low-tier (ie: rank 7 in T3, rank 10 in T4). -1 if high tier ships.

Holy Smack a Roll  where did this come from  ?    :what:

Observation. I’ve had T2 captains in T3 matches; players with 1100 Skill and mediocre ships picked over 1400+ pure Premium pilots; the weakest (lowest skill and lowest ranked ships) member of a squad picked when there were 3+ superior choices.

Current Combat Recon picks the WEAKEST 3 pilots 90% of the time.

Observation. I’ve had T2 captains in T3 matches; players with 1100 Skill and mediocre ships picked over 1400+ pure Premium pilots; the weakest (lowest skill and lowest ranked ships) member of a squad picked when there were 3+ superior choices.

Current Combat Recon picks the WEAKEST 3 pilots 90% of the time.

Was doing 3 mans over the weekend, every combat recon made one of us as a captain.

Holy Smack a Roll  where did this come from  ?    :what:

I’m assuming it was a joke.

Looked pretty good, authentic and almost plausible until it got to this one  :good:

+5 if no suitable Captain ships in Roster :crazy: 

Yes, this is what’s currently in place.

If you want to be NOT captain, Have your SR below 1200. Lol. Cause Im about to hit the 1400 mark…aka the “No Life” zone.

I like being captain only if A. I have my ECM equipped. and B. If I feel like it. Because I like moving up and forcing my team to protect my greek butt.

lol i was in the 1400-1500 skill rating for a while and i NEVER got picked to b captain

lol i was in the 1400-1500 skill rating for a while and i NEVER got picked to b captain

The system knows…

The system knows…

looooool probably cuz i have a bad reputaion for being captain… I keep dying

looooool probably cuz i have a bad reputaion for being captain… I keep dying

Valar morghulis.

My SR got bosted to 1700 just before the player with highest rating was cpt, i can tell you it is not fun when you are cpt like 30times in a row.

I think SR is ruining this game. 

I think SR is ruining this game. 

It’s not new.

I like SR. It’s another thing to strive for. Drops fast when leveling ships, goes back up when farming credits. All good. A bit more motivation not to charge head first and be out of the combat for 30 seconds. Or 60ish, on a low speed ship. And the LRF SR farmers, well they’re not that bad, they actually seem to learn to snipe after a while.

I like SR. It’s another thing to strive for. Drops fast when leveling ships, goes back up when farming credits. All good. A bit more motivation not to charge head first and be out of the combat for 30 seconds. Or 60ish, on a low speed ship. And the LRF SR farmers, well they’re not that bad, they actually seem to learn to snipe after a while.

If you knew what I knew on how SR effects your entire experience in SC, you would reconsider immediately. 

If you knew what I knew on how SR effects your entire experience in SC, you would reconsider immediately.

before, when i was trying to get SR when i was new to the game, i would check my skill after every battle and i would get stressed out if it went down and it affected my performance in battle

before, when i was trying to get SR when i was new to the game, i would check my skill after every battle and i would get stressed out if it went down and it affected my performance in battle

*stares blankly at this statement* 

I dont know how to respond to this. But let me state one thing. SR = Direct relationship with the MM. Lower = Lower wait times, higher = Higher wait times. 

*stares blankly at this statement* 

I dont know how to respond to this. But let me state one thing. SR = Direct relationship with the MM. Lower = Lower wait times, higher = Higher wait times. 

Not sure this is true, at least in t3. with 1000-1500 players my wait times are from 30sec-2min max.

As for the skill rating it is interesting as a statistic on kills/deaths but not accurate on general skill of player, you can be bad player and have high sr.

Think they shoud change name to something else.

Not sure this is true, at least in t3. with 1000-1500 players my wait times are from 30sec-2min max.

As for the skill rating it is interesting as a statistic on kills/deaths but not accurate on general skill of player, you can be bad player and have high sr.

Think they shoud change name to something else.

Im not focused on wait time, just focus on the way the teams are balanced.