Capped resources? No Star Marathon?

2 minutes ago, Oregyen said:

Awwww.

All the surprised people, they thought the devs would only fruck the people they don’t like.

Awwww.

Now equality is restored, have fun guys

Awwww.

Come on, pay the 50 bucks. It’s only 50 bucks, you can get it easy, with 50 bucks.

50 bucks is nothing. 50 bucks is like a week of calories. Just stop eating and buy the DLC already.

Next steps:

• Tester & Moderator uprising
  • They get replaced over summer, quietly.
  • New “English” Community manager ( sorry Cinnamon, but it’s coming. The summer seems to be hot in StarGems Gem-Zone.)
  • Features that have been suggested 2 years ago will be implemented
  • 5 Months of balancing and testing
  • Introduction of [Unobtainium³] plus short influx of players
  • Playernumbers diminish proportional to the new generation of arse crawling forumwarriors proclaims, that noone is useing (insert main PC gaming platform) anyways.

Oh boy, this is satisfying to watch. It’s almost like popping bubble-wrap, every single one of them has a special sound as they go, and release the air they have stored for months, years.

Yea pay the $50 to get a naked useless ship… I fell for it. Thinking I could get ahead after being beaten up by the early tharga buyers…

6 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

Yea pay the $50 to get a naked useless ship… I fell for it. Thinking I could get ahead after being beaten up by the early tharga buyers…

At least you get a nice Bat skin

The fun fact is that all the interesting stuff are r15

1 minute ago, Swifter43021 said:

Even more fun fact: Now you CAN’T get to R15.

8 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

It is just “straight to the trash can” dlc

to be honest, there is nothing wrong if the taikin is hard to get in general. there are many ships, which are “hard to get”, however they do not basicly represent themselves in metachanging exclusivity, instead, they are tools for the passionate.

so there is a difference in the ships. honestly, problem only arises if the game proves unplayable without having these new toys. So what, I won’t pay 50 bucks for it - and if i dont get it easily otherwise, whatever.

but the maximum item amount, crossing over to the gs-based trading channel, crossing over to the really weird new rng drop minigame cuts deep into what actually should have been enhanced, instead of made worse: rewards. at least, the low materials, with their low worth, were accumulating, creating “numbers”.

There is no database reason to have such low max item numbers, because all it is, is an integer, saved connecting the player table with the item table. if its done right. if that integer is maxed at 200 or 600 or 1000 is totally the same amount of memory. If it’s already there, there is no reason to limit it. But I hope I wont read that excuse this time.

There is no reason to do this for market, because the amount of transactions is limited. Because the market can be fine controlled in various other ways. Anyway, fake mails are way worse. I actually was amused.

Things are added in a way, so that previous achievements cannot be used, by introducing more and more things to acquire. It maybe is created with the false illusion, that players, who were in the start motivated to play the game and spend time with it, unlocking, learning, spending some money, will come back and farm again.

They won’t. That’s the thing. If I log back into an old account of any game I had invested years in, my current stuff there might is even worth more for being ancient. The credits and resources I have can still be used. New items can be tried instantly, because I have that amount of gameplay invested. And all I have is still part of the game. Even if some stuff is locked, it wont force me to farm.

I know, there are games, which do it exactly like where SC is heading. Because it’s modern. It for sure works, we can totally see that. It will be the future of gaming. Because history has shown us, that it always works like what some hipster with a macbook says presenting the income curve for their successful titles like Sophisticated Vampire Dentist Simulator or World of Pigeons. For sure. You hopefully get by now, I am cynical here.

I agree with most of the people here. Not one more cent will I spent on supporting Star Conflict until the stupid resource limit is removed. Pay to win is bad in any way or form. Combining it with punishing long time players is even worse.

1 minute ago, FilthHound said:

I agree with most of the people here. Not one more cent will I spent on supporting Star Conflict until the stupid resource limit is removed. Pay to win is bad in any way or form. Combining it with punishing long time players is even worse.

This is not punishing long time players.

It is just because they realized that after thar ga event, some players had over 1k xeno/panels waiting for the recon. They misscalculated their stuff, which would reduce the sales of tai kin by a huge margin. So to prevent this to happens in the future, they added a maximum limit to resources. And to be sure players are forced to spend money to get Tai kin, they introduced 10+ unique resources.

I’m 100% sure this is the real reason behind it.

58ed21d1c04a9_horriblepresentation.png.0935d66f768fa669fef091b8726aeddf.jpg

2 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

It is just because they realized that after thar ga event, some players had over 1k xeno/panels waiting for the recon. They misscalculated their stuff, which would reduce the sales of tai kin by a huge margin. So to prevent this to happens in the future, they added a maximum limit to resources. And to be sure players are forced to spend money to get Tai kin, they introduced 10+ unique resources.

Uhm how long did it take them between the Thar´Ga and the new Alien ship to implement? 2 months or so? Would mean earning over 1k of Xenos is relative easy if you can do all missions everytime.

However somehow it does affect the longtime players cus the other recources where stored as well and that now simply vanished into the nothingness… they basicly lost what they gained without of a chance to refine/sell/whatever it. If 200 is low or not is relative. If every Alien Ship only will cost 100 xenos it would just mean you have the 100 xenos rdy when the next ship comes and then it still is pointless to have the xenos rdy cus you still need to farm the parts for the cabin of the ship.

But these recources you can´t store cus simply said you can´t obtain them before the new ship is implemented. Aside from that it´s pointelss as well if you can buy the ship (at least if you are willing to pay 50 bucks for it) to skip this part. So the limit for recources is basicly complete pointless in every direction cus it makes no sense at all. You can´t even say that it makes sense for the dessie farmers cus basicly if you have 10 ores you build a plate directly anyways (at least i do it).

So what the real reason behind all this recource limiting is might we never really find out BUT a reason could be the market.

2 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

This is not punishing long time players.

destroyer parts for newcomers was worse. you get used to the fact, that new stuff is new stuff. I would say they did learn from that.

4 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

They misscalculated their stuff

I give you 100% true on that one but…

4 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

It is just because they realized that after thar ga event,

nah, nah, it wasn’t just that, lol. It’s not a one time event.

2 minutes ago, Vesperion said:

However somehow it does affect the longtime players cus the other recources where stored as well and that now simply vanished into the nothingness…

correction there, you did not lose anything, you simply have 700/300 items, meaning, all items you gain, are not added, until you consume the overhead.

Limit of 200 for monocrystals does feel a bit too harsh. Should be 500 or so.

And new resources gained beyond the limit should be sold for credits, not destroyed.

6 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

u still around? ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”) 

The same can be said for you TilloWaty.

All of us long term players come back because we all spent too much money on this game and cant let it go. Every patch a nerf more crappy than the previos gets released.

4 minutes ago, g4borg said:

nah, nah, it wasn’t just that, lol. It’s not a one time event.

Doesn’t change that we were supposed to have 1 ship per month. But instead they delayed the second ship for 2 months. So players have 2 months worth of xeno. So they had to somewhat limit it I guess.

Look at r14 destroyers. We had 21 days to craft them. But how ? With the 200 monocrystals limit, you have to gather  at least  200 mono in these days. But you know what ? It’s impossible without a license. And even with one, you’ll barely manage to do it.

That is  wrong

Its time to update game review on steam, but there is not enought " @#$%^&**((( " characters. Call “Jim Sterling”

My opinion on this would probably risk my position as forum moderator because I would probably violate every single rule on the policy board if I were to tell what I think about this.

2 minutes ago, blurcak said:

Its time to update game review on steam, but there is not enought " @#$%^&**((( " characters. Call “Jim Sterling”

Yep, agreed

Just now, OmegaFighter said:

My opinion on this would probably risk my position as forum moderator because I would probably violate every single rule on the policy board if I were to tell what I think about this.

Grow a pair, and do it.  If they take away your position, means that you(and the rest of us) are correct in what they are doing, and where this is headed.

Oh come on guys, you know what to say about dead right? Either say good or say nothing ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

20 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Oh come on guys, you know what to say about dead right? Either say good or say nothing ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

So you see Star Conflict already as dead ?   Interesting…

3 hours ago, Alanthier said:

Grow a pair, and do it.  If they take away your position, means that you(and the rest of us) are correct in what they are doing, and where this is headed.

And get banned too? ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

What I am going to say I do not say as Forum Moderator or GM or whatever, I say this as the player OmegaFighter burning in madness.

Alrighty, I think that this change is the ultimate next step of idiocy.
Reason given by devs was that this is necessary for future development, well… yeah if it should stay profitable.

They start to throw around xenocrystals and that is nice. But it is now too many, everyone can stockpile resources, some people just click because they have all they need, so basically the grind for a brand new alien ship would be… non existent. So what we get now is brand new resources, and a limit on xenocrystals. This technically forces us to spend resources on Thar’Ga, or we pay 50 to get Tai’Kin and spend it there. Like me, and I refuse… And I get exactly this:
255c059027b28e0a1b25af81df04d36c.png

Destroyed. They have been destroyed, they have not been exchanged for other resources, they have not been sold, they have been terminated. My effort has been punished, it has been taken away from me. Not replaced but just eliminated from any database. Because playing is wrong. Wanting to gain resources for things I want, that is wrong. I am supposed to spend on things that they want me to spend on, not my own. I can not fulfill my own wishes because the system refuses to let me do so, and what is that? It is retarded. To say the least. I knew they were to implement a cap, I was kind of fine with that, I expected something like 999? Around that number. What we got today was just a kick in the face to every single veteran that valued their resources and saved for things they ever wanted. Now they are forced to spend them.

In a few weeks it will probably look like that “R14 destroyers make their comeback” - For one day, get them as long as you can. Oh wait the resources you have available are not enough. Guess what, now you have to spend on bundles. Just one idea of how this could be used against us very hard, one out of many.

I do not want to say like ‘yo guys fuck this game it’s over’ but this clearly giving me the feeling of that, all our efforts, vanish. Insulted, Diminished. That’s what they are, our efforts were thwarted. Literally fucked right through the middle. Because it was not profitable. And even if is not just for the profit. The last thing it is for is our (players) advantage. It is just to mess with us. It is not giving us anything. This is potato.

Oh but hey there is that nice bundle for 50€ to get you Tai’Kin and 90 days of license! No. It’s a damn overpriced pack that I would not even buy if it contained half-assed cookies, just for the principle. A naked ship which nodes you can not even buy because the current cap was literally given 0 thought into? A node that costs you literally 310 even tho the cap is 300. Yes this sounds like a very smart move. Not.
BUT YOU GET 1.5x RESOURCES! Yes and what for? Reaching a certain number and you will lose 1.5x more resources  for nothing! It’s 1.5x more frustration, literally. 

TL;DR: That 200/300 cap is retarded, it was given no thought into and it was just made to fuck with us. It is important for future development, in their book. But it will make it just harder for us as it is. I am a game master, a forum moderator, I have given them feedback. And you know what? I have told them that adding a cap in general is shit. I told it them many times, I told them that if they do it it should be at least 1000x or the shitstorm will be real. Did they listen to me? You see it now, no fuck was given about it. My feedback was not valued, a player who gave them years over years of service, over a hundred days of time. And not to forget, the money I gave them. It was not valued, not considered. It was overriden by very primitive ideas that may eventually lead to a profit margin if we are dumb enough. But I hope we are not. Please proof that you are not. Do not support this, I certainly will not. Regardless of my position I can not take this at all. This is bullshit and should not be tolerated.

This is the nice version. Yes I use profanity in this, not to be a badass but to spice my opinion with the right words. And even this would probably be censored. Because opinions against their ideas fueled with TRUE anger are wrong. I am mad, I am not tolerating this. And I will say any word necessary for this SHIT to get removed or changed into a fair system. Thanks.