Can we get an inactivity warning?

Can we get an inactivity warning before getting booted from the game?

I was playing in a Combat Recon game recently where I was captain.  After my team and I fought off the initial attack, we had the momentum and managed to reduce the enemy captain to around 10% health.  I then took up refuge behind an asteroid and I was watching everything on the map, looking for guys who may be trying to make an end-run to get to me, but nothing like that ever manifested.  Just as my team was making the second push to kill their captain, I was kicked from the game for inactivity.  I immediately went back into the game only to see that it had made one of the other players captain who was right in the middle of the fighting and was of course promptly killed.

Now that I know this can happen, if this comes up again, I’ll know to drop out of the map and tap the thruster occasionally but it was a bit of a shock when it first happened.

Happened to me as well, and was quite annoying overall. I second this.

Never happened to me but seems to be a sound idea. Tho I have to say that even as captain, being completely immobile for a long time should never happen.

Never happened to me but seems to be a sound idea. Tho I have to say that even as captain, being completely immobile for a long time should never happen.

I was watching the battlefield map and no enemy ever made it across the midpoint to threaten me.  There isn’t much point to moving to a new hiding place since every single player on the map can see me from anywhere anyways.  Lastly, I’m a Federation player.  Our ships lack the capability of long range sniping or torpedo dropping.  That means that ultimately, the intelligence gained from watching how the battle unfolded and early warning to incoming interceptors was more important than relocating or shooting.  Unfortunately, the game equates watching the map with not doing anything.  :/

I do the same when I play captain but I still stay close enough to my troops so that I can support them via buffs. As such I naturally have to reposition myself from time to time.