Buying ships without modules

I’d like to suggest adding an option to buy ships without any modules except of their own unique ones, if they have any.

Every time you buy a new ship, you get it full of the white modules, which is nice and needed when you’ve just started playing, but annoying and unnecessary after you have most of the modules already.

I’d like to:

1. buy a ship,
  2. equip it,
  3.  fly it,

but what we have right now is:

1. try to buy a ship,
  2. “you have no more space in your storage”,
  3. make or buy some space,
  4. buy a ship,
  5. sell all or almost all of the white modules and weapons, usually around 14,
  6. equip the ship with your blue and purple modules,
  7. fly it.

I don’t think adding an option to buy only a ship would be that hard, you can even put it as a checkbox in the game options just after “autorepairs” and  “auto-purchase ammo” - “only unique modules on new ships”.

A nice touch would be lowering the ships prices after checking that option. And you could make it available after clearance level 3-5 so the pilots know what they are doing.

Free stuff is free stuff. Just max out hangar space and forget about selling stuff.

(but regardless, sell down until you have about one of every item. Because the atlas only gives you experience for one of the same item.)

Yeah, imagine someone on the street suddenly throwing up in your backpack and giving you a heavily used newspaper along with it. Sometimes ‘free’ does not mean ‘good’. Especially when the stuff is more of a burden than gain.

1 hour ago, Viriyath said:

Yeah, imagine someone on the street suddenly throwing up in your backpack and giving you a heavily used newspaper along with it. Sometimes ‘free’ does not mean ‘good’. Especially when the stuff is more of a burden than gain.

But in the case of this game, the free stuff gets you prestige points and credits if you sell it.

If you run out of space, stop hoarding and clean it up.

I have almost all ships in the game and equipment for any 4x ships combo I want, yet I have 1000 + storage to spare

Yeah, my post ain’t about having no space in the warehouse, as I maintain it quite regularly. Ain’t about getting new modules as well, as I stated quite clearly that I’m talking about “I already have what I need” situation. It’s about having to sell the trash every damn time instead of getting a clean ship that can be set up right away.

20 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But in the case of this game, the free stuff gets you prestige points and credits if you sell it.

How is selling the stuff you’ve just paid for a gain? And, yet again, I’m telling ya - I’m talking “I have it already”, not “I just started playing, thanks”.

Because of the points that you’ve made, I’m not talking “removal” of the modules from the ships we buy, I’m saying “get me an option that I can enable so I don’t have to deal with the extra stuff every time I buy a ship.”  An option. To choose.