Best Scores

Well, kids, always double check what mode you are queueing up into :))

I had my regular T3 lineup

ueUVsXM.jpg

Holy cow…i wonder if i could pull that with imperial t4s?

Well, kids, always double check what mode you are queueing up into :))

I had my regular T3 lineup

ueUVsXM.jpg

“Squads are OP, please nerf.”

I’ve done something half similar, queue for PvP with PvE ships.  It’s at least half similar.

Yea, that was fun. 

We farmed them at their spawn.

Assault Rails + Captain Bonus = Brutality at its purest. 

> farming kills instead of going for the objectives

Yep, sounds like ESB breaking rules, as usual.

Kills are one of the objectives in combat recon…

I was captain? Oh, I just noticed that I made as many kills as the whole enemy team  :010j:

And while were at it: What did ESB do this time? Global Warming? Making Baby Jesus cry? Clubbing only the cutest seals…?

Kills are one of the objectives in combat recon…

No. Killing the enemy Captain is the objective. Kill-farming is and isn’t, at the same time. For a kill squad, it’s just easier to farm kills instead of going for the Captain, therefore not risking losing a member of the squad for its effectiveness.

I ask you this, have you ever seen a Death squad GO straight for the Cap kill? Unless they’re sitting right at the enemy’s spawn, they won’t give a toss. And when they get to their spawn, they’ll sit there farming the oncoming kills. This is how death squads work and this is how they’ll always work. This will never change because it’s what works and there’s no counter to them. Well, there’s one: you have to outplay them. That’s it. But there is no squad composition (of different ships) that can counter them effectively.

And while were at it: What did ESB do this time? Global Warming? Making Baby Jesus cry? Clubbing only the cutest seals…?

It’s just easier to blame ESB for everything. =P

They make the heavens cry and they make the pugs rage.

No. Killing the enemy Captain is the objective. Kill-farming is and isn’t, at the same time. For a kill squad, it’s just easier to farm kills instead of going for the Captain, therefore not risking losing a member of the squad for its effectiveness.

I ask you this, have you ever seen a Death squad GO straight for the Cap kill? Unless they’re sitting right at the enemy’s spawn, they won’t give a toss. And when they get to their spawn, they’ll sit there farming the oncoming kills. This is how death squads work and this is how they’ll always work. This will never change because it’s what works and there’s no counter to them. Well, there’s one: you have to outplay them. That’s it. But there is no squad composition (of different ships) that can counter them effectively.

It’s just easier to blame ESB for everything. =P

They make the heavens cry and they make the pugs rage.

Yea… as captain i will go for the enemy captain. Especially in a 12v12. SURE!!!

Btw. I was solo in this match. 

Yea… as captain i will go for the enemy captain. Especially in a 12v12. SURE!!!

Btw. I was solo in this match. 

“Cap Eat Cap” =P

We actually did that on our last Recon. One of us was the Captain and we just pushed for that medal. It… didn’t work as effectively…

“Cap Eat Cap” =P

We actually did that on our last Recon. One of us was the Captain and we just pushed for that medal. It… didn’t work as effectively…

I have about 50 of them. If the medals would have been included pre. 9.0. I would have about 200 (good old loner times in t4)

:01414:

Kill counter decides the win/loss if both captains are alive. That makes ‘killing’ a secondary objective… but an objective, nonetheless.

And “going straight for the cap kill” is often illogical and suicidal. And when the enemy cap is not stupid it becomes even more illogical

As for your question, yes. Not that often but then again, its rather smart to not go for it when the odds are against you

That isn’t really worth a facepalm, because both arguments are valid.

The main objective is indeed to kill the Captain. Secondary are the kills.

It is defined by logic: killing the captain is a win, if you don’t lose your own, no matter how many kills are spread.

However the arguments are right: it is often smart to not go for the captain directly, as you would not try to make checkmate in chess as soon as possible, either, except you see an opportunity. Which is why we always go for the Captain directly at least once, to test the defense. Timing in this mode is essential, and 12 minutes are a long time to focus as captain and team. Once you cannot reach the killcount of the opponent, killing the captain becomes your only alternative anyway.

What not to do is warp in every 20 seconds one by one into a defending team. :smiley:

Most of your arguments are kind of invalid. You have to set aside the differences you are affiliating certain corporations with and start thinking outside of the box. You are forgetting the point of the game.  It was never the point of combat recon to go for enemy cap kill at the start of the game, because that is stupid, and it was never about kill farming (which it looks like it’s connected to it, but it’s not intentional), but winning the game. And you achieve this properly by battlefield dominance, in which you can get the opportunity to kill the captain. Both captains have a vital role in supporting, moving your team and luring the enemy team for openings, over extending, mistakes and splitting them apart. Generally weakening up their defensive cluster, and making your own snowball effect.

Going for kills at the start makes sense, because it gives you a chance to establish a dominant presence on the battlefield, a chance to observe the situation, take tactical advantage of terrain and start with the pushing. The way even death squads get “cap eat cap” medals is by using this tactic and slowly pushing into their spawn, a scenario you are all familiar with and have probably been a part of in every winning team. Slowly outnumbering them with punishing death timers you take away their ability to reform and regroup, and strike them down with your well focused and positioned assault.

:01414:

Kill counter decides the win/loss if both captains are alive. That makes ‘killing’ a secondary objective… but an objective, nonetheless.

And “going straight for the cap kill” is often illogical and suicidal. And when the enemy cap is not stupid it becomes even more illogical

As for your question, yes. Not that often but then again, its rather smart to not go for it when the odds are against you

How does that warrant a facepalm? I just said exactly what you said, in different words and you’re facepalming me?

Whether or not you’re going straight for the captain is something decided in those initial 30 seconds of the match before launch. In that time, you have to pick between two possible types of squad of you’re facing a grind towards the enemy’s spawn point. But that’s just it, you ALWAYS end up spawn camping in a death squad.

Most of your arguments are kind of invalid. You are forgetting the point of the game. It was never the point of combat recon to go for enemy cap kill at the start of the game, because that is stupid, and it was never about kill farming, but winning the game. 

It’s not? In death squads? Are you absolutely sure of that? Because, every time I see a death squad on the field, no matter the game mode, they always do the same thing: spawn camping. Even in modes where killing isn’t even essential for victory!

“Admiral we await your orders for hunting the Beacons”

“All fleet proceed to the enemies’ warp in point, two ceptors remain to take beacons”

“Kill them”

“Kill them all”

“Admiral we await your orders for hunting the Beacons”

“All fleet proceed to the enemies’ warp in point, two ceptors remain to take beacons”

“Kill them”

“Kill them all”

Kill+Them+Johnny.+Kill+them+all_e9ecc5_3

Its all about strategy!  Usually a good squad of 4 can do solely defence while everyone else attacks! Or vice versa! 

It’s not? In death squads? Are you absolutely sure of that? Because, every time I see a death squad on the field, no matter the game mode, they always do the same thing: spawn camping. Even in modes where killing isn’t even essential for victory!

Now you are changing the subject, I thought we were talking about combat recon.

Now you are changing the subject, I thought we were talking about combat recon.

It includes Combat Recon. Around 70% of the recent Recon matches I’ve seen with death squads in them, they have ALWAYS pushed to the enemy spawn and farmed them right there.

Kills being a secondary objective, these squads just, WILLINGLY, let the enemy captain run the hell away so they can farm whatever they want.

Well, to be honest, it was one of the extra clever captains that hid BEHIND the spawn. 

And what I learned from own death experiences: Never stay directly in the enemy spawn zone.