best fighter for PvE?

please suggest me something. 

I’m jericho and LOVE my brand spanking new Ricasso but i need something beefier for Pve, and frigs are imho just terrible.

So. SHould i go for machete S (command bonuses)? (than katana than Katana S)?

Or should i take some other fraction?

IS there a ship with command RANGE bonus?

I’m really new and utterly, utterly shi-t at PvE.

thanks

Best PVE setup = 3x Frig, 1x Fighter.

Not much room for Fighters there, Frigs are just better, Fighter is there just for buffs.

but fighters can be fun in PvP…

ok, suggest me a frig for PvE please

thanks

All frigs are good in PvE. It’s the extra guns, durability, and buff modules that make them so useful.

AoE hull/shield heals will keep the team alive. Pulsar will garner huge EFF points.

The special ability of every one of the frigates can find a place in scenarios.

if you gad to start again. what race frig would you use for PvE?

I like empire purely because I find the hull tanking to be most effective. However I have not fully setup a shield or fed tank, so I am going off limited experience.

If I could start completely over, I think I’d also go with Empire. Hull tanking is easy to arrange and the sniper gun allows you to decimate the missile launchers in Sabotage. 

thanks, but i’m looking for a purely PvE perspective. I have NO intentions on pvp’in with it.

Some fed frigates can be decent for the tanking bit.  The ones with the drones that heal you anyway (on top of the AoE healing, this can really help out). 

If you want to be the fighter, take one that has bonuses to the power or range of shield and hull resistance modules. 

Some fed frigates can be decent for the tanking bit.  The ones with the drones that heal you anyway (on top of the AoE healing, this can really help out). 

If you want to be the fighter, take one that has bonuses to the power or range of shield and hull resistance modules. 

You are doing it wrong if you try to tank Fed Frigates.

You are doing it wrong if you try to tank Fed Frigates.

oh, hey! it’s shoki from FHC.

So. TEACH ME. Seriously. Tell me: aim for <insert name here> because it has <this and this>. Some general pros/cons. 

I suck at frigs, don’t have any, tried to fly one at T1 and didn’t like it, and will use them ONLY for PvE. 

(Not unlike getting a pimped navy raven while you’re really a Minmatar pirate…)

Thanks

The shield healing drones aren’t really worth it. They stop shooting whenever they are healing - and the heal amount is tiny compared to enemy DPS. The anti-missile drones always shoot, and will occasionally shoot down missiles from the missile turrets in Sabotage.

All frigates can generally tank in PvE so long as you are in the top-rank frigate for the tier you are playing (Rank 6 in T2, Rank 12 in T4, etc.).

thanks.

so, in general, for PvE i aim to maximize DPS, since all can tank.

Any differences there between frigs?

They all have 6 turrets thus comparable output of damage, with a slight edge to the feds for their drones.

The Jericho frigate’s torpedo is excellent at taking out waves of ships just as they warp into the map. 

The Empire frigate’s sniper gun is excellent at taking out the missile turrets in Sabotage or nav beacons in Shipyard.

The Federation frigate’s drones can kill smaller enemy ships for you while you concentrate on other things like capturing a beacon or destroying guns.

The Federation frigate’s drones can kill smaller enemy ships for you while you concentrate on other things like capturing a beacon or destroying guns.

Basically, empire for tank, fed for dps.

Shield tanking vanguard fed might be doable but I haven’t tested that out.

Basically, empire for tank, fed for dps.

Shield tanking vanguard fed might be doable but I haven’t tested that out.

yes, thank you, that’s what i was looking for

empire is quite obviously tank, just wasn’t sure who can dish more damage: jericho or fed.

thanks again.

Shout out to anyone playing tier 3/4 federation, any success doing shield tank with vanguard frigate? Those drone reps might be very nice, not sure…

I run Anaconda-M (T3) frigate in PvE. I had a couple of corp-mates who were running the Vanguard version (shield-heal drones) and they all switched over to the “M” version so they didn’t loose DPS.

The caveat here is that we all use active modules that heal shields, so the Vanguard drones were a bit redundant. If you had no modules of this kind, it might justify those drones.

I run Anaconda-M (T3) frigate in PvE. I had a couple of corp-mates who were running the Vanguard version (shield-heal drones) and they all switched over to the “M” version so they didn’t loose DPS.

The caveat here is that we all use active modules that heal shields, so the Vanguard drones were a bit redundant. If you had no modules of this kind, it might justify those drones.

But drones and shield generator stack, so add a few resistance modules and shield hp/regen and a vanguard frig might become a pve god? This is my question, which I might try tonight.

I always enjoy hearing about alternate approaches to ship builds.

Give it a shot and let us know how it works out!