beryllium and neodium, and WTF is going on

OK guys, whats up, Sulferix here. i been around a long time, and now ive come to the forums to address a GLARING issue which has come with patch 1.3.4, which has made building a destroyer essentially impossible.

the recent patch has made it so that you must find 10 ore to build one plate. this is for either berylium or neodium. this means that in order to craft one reinforced destroyer structure, you must somehow obtain 160 berylium ore and 100 neodium ore. you need 2 reinforced structures to make a destroyer, so in total this comes down to 520 ore.

i dont think i even have to explain how unaacceptable this is, especially since one hour spent in OS looking for ore, even in the best farming locations gets you MAYBE 5 if yur lucky. plus the fact that playing any mission as a r8/r11 max synergy ship(which is already an insane requirement), will MAYBE get you ONE ore every 2-3 WINS.

add all that up and yur looking at years to get this done, which is COMPLETELY unacceptable and unbalanced… i got bored after only getting like 2 neodium, and i doubt anyone has the patience to go through this ever. all those ppl who had free time to do the missions and get resources that way got TONS. but now there is no real way of obtaining enriched berylium or neodium plates, and all hopes of ever building a destroyer before the end of the YEAR are completely lost. its even more hilarious when trying to BUY the rng packeges. they only give you the ore, which is still NOTHING. MAYBE if i had $1000 i could get all the parts i need, but even monocrystals arent that bad. this needs a patch asap, but i have a sick feeling this isnt gonna change. i suppose greedy companies must be greedy, cause why else in the burnng hell would you make such a terrible gamepaly decsion.

It has been addressed and a fix is potentially being worked on.

well i certainly hope so…

Don’t get your hopes up. A lot of ‘fixes’ turned out worse than they already were.

I remind you, that droprates was changed to prepare the game for future updates. Current loot values are closely followed with our ingame statistics. Take another look after a new patch comes out.

A small up on this ?

Because I’m staring to get bored after 3 or 4 hours of farming today, to only get 7 beryllium. Especially when I farmed on a r15 premium (700 m/s of course) with spacial scanner + cargo hull, farming valuable minerals and mysterious containers on r10 sectors.

At this rate, to get the 320 beryllium, I’ll need 140 hours of absolute no fun.

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

A small up on this ?

Because I’m staring to get bored after 3 or 4 hours of farming today, to only get 7 beryllium. Especially when I farmed on a r15 premium (700 m/s of course) with spacial scanner + cargo hull, farming valuable minerals and mysterious containers on r10 sectors.

At this rate, to get the 320 beryllium, I’ll need 140 hours of absolute no fun.

better focus on picking up only mysterious containers, since you get a plate for each (10 impure).

You don’t get a plate for beryllium. You get enriched. That’s a difference. Neodium plates are the plates you can get out of them.
But yeah, the indirect nerf to OS suck total.

I collected like 50 mysterious container in that farming session. 

enriched beryllium? Got 0

At least with minerals I made a (small)  progress… 

7 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

I collected like 50 mysterious container in that farming session. 

enriched beryllium? Got 0

At least with minerals I made a (small)  progress… 

I don’t want to start a storm here, but yesterday I got 2 Enriched Berrylium and one Neo plate just while flying between hangars. On the other side - I didn’t get even one of those for about a week before. So - they are dropping, just drops are very rare.

That’s stupid. What’s the point of having an Open World to get some minerals, if it’s not ““faster”” then on other modes ?

Spent 2 more hours today, got none of those enriched beryllium.

11 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

You don’t get a plate for beryllium. You get enriched. That’s a difference. Neodium plates are the plates you can get out of them.
But yeah, the indirect nerf to OS suck total.

im too lazy to write those 2, plates are a common term for both.

Okey, so after a total of 8 hours of intense farming, I finally looted one enriched beryllium. 

Now I need only 31 more. Seriously guys, am I super unlucky or the drop rate is absurdly low? 

Around 200/250 mysterious container for a total of one enriched beryllium and 3 neodium plates. 

That’s insane. 

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Okey, so after a total of 8 hours of intense farming, I finally looted one enriched beryllium. 

Now I need only 31 more. Seriously guys, am I super unlucky or the drop rate is absurdly low? 

Around 200/250 mysterious container for a total of one enriched beryllium and 3 neodium plates. 

That’s insane. 

drop rates have been severely dropped ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) i also think they should be increased substancially. Having more means to get resources but with more time and effort required to get the same amount isnt right.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:26 AM, CinnamonFake said:

I remind you, that droprates was changed to prepare the game for future updates. Current loot values are closely followed with our ingame statistics. Take another look after a new patch comes out.

If they have increased,i surely have not seen an increase. From the looks of this thread, I would venture to say we all agree its been nerfed pretty bad.

And you posted this quote several months back. The numbers are looking pretty bad. The player count average for this month is about to dip below last year this month. Other than us diehards, most people realize it is hopeless no matter how much money they spend. The price of the items is not reasonable, and neither is the drop rates.

sc11.JPG.da5ce4946f8b3aa75c2ee02a19fc6199.JPG

Oh now they check it? I said it from the announcement that it’s a nerf. But yeah you can farm them in PvP/E. Yeah for sure… If I invest my time in OS, I can’t do at the same time PvP/E.

IMO steam is a terrible way of measuring player base.

6 hours ago, MassHomicide said:

If they have increased,i surely have not seen an increase. From the looks of this thread, I would venture to say we all agree its been nerfed pretty bad.

And you posted this quote several months back. The numbers are looking pretty bad. The player count average for this month is about to dip below last year this month. Other than us diehards, most people realize it is hopeless no matter how much money they spend. The price of the items is not reasonable, and neither is the drop rates.

Necro much) Steam users represent pretty small percent from the full amount of players. Vast majority uses Gaijin accounts and launcher.

12 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Necro much) Steam users represent pretty small percent from the full amount of players. Vast majority uses Gaijin accounts and launcher.

If your claim is true then why hide the online count? I am gonna assume its because the numbers are still under fairly low. It used to be present. Back when it was present the Steam counts were about 10% or so off. That gap might be bigger now, but no way to know since the count it hidden. Either way its a consistent bench mark. It proves you all are doing something wrong and need to consider options to retain your player base. Making the grind impossible and over charging your customers is not the way to do it.

I have not been rewarded equal to the time or money I have spent in this game.

Steam only “fairly closely” represent NA population, which is just a fraction of a playerbase. That is it