Berserker vs Jarl

I know each has their own merits, but I can either buy a berserker, or a million synergy to finish my grind to the jarl. Not counting the premium ship bonuses which won’t help me kill people…

the jarl has

-more speed
-has one more cpu and shield than the berserker
-increased effective range of recon modules

The berserker has

-more crit to compensate for lack of cpu
-thermal resist bonus on hull to compensate for lack of shield
-one more engine slot to compensate for the slow speed
-one more capacitor slot
?not sure but possibly more base energy regen

but honestly I have the skill potential to fill any holes in the ships themselves, i just want to know which performs better. I think the berserker takes the lead in invasion, but when it comes down to it I only care about killing people with brains not npc’s

Jarl.

Only one T5 premium is most likely worth buying and that’s Spark.

I hope that I “sparked” your interest on a worthy ship.

it doesn’t fit my current style of gunship play. pic related.

24zg2u9.jpg

although it would fit my old style of gunship play, stacking a big tank and maximizing damage output with as many pulse and crits as i can stuff

No. The Lightbringer’s better.

I also agree with this, and I don’t even like the lightbringer very much.

also i’m inclined to agree with you about the jarl/berserker thing too because we’re in the same sr and w/l bracket (when i’m not leveling lrf’s in beacon hunt) and you have much more experience with the game than I do. 

It is kind of regrettable I can’t just test fly ships i don’t have vs some damage soaking targets. I know that recons aren’t exactly well rounded but I like whipping them out for beacon capture modes because they are damn effective. especially when you have a lot of hull slots. decloak, machinegun missiles, warp away. or so the theory goes.

I have neither ship, btw. The Lightbringer and Inqui-S are my only R15 ships. I just looked at the stats, bonuses and slot layouts.

I have neither ship, btw. The Lightbringer and Inqui-S are my only R15 ships. I just looked at the stats, bonuses and slot layouts.

okay, i’ll probably hold off for a little while longer at least.  I figured this would happen as a low population game means a relatively small experience base and thus a low chance someone with both ships and a competent mindset will pop in here, but I’ll take information and opinions where I can get them and yours seem more credible than mine for the moment.

I got the Berserker, just for the cargo slots and a half decent waste of GS that’s been sitting since January.

It also has lighting effects.

Go with the Jarl for combat.

well that’s two for jarl now from two competent pilots who have more game and battle time than myself one of whom has first hand experience. I’m going to eat my chicken and dumplings before making a decision. I appreciate all the input this far and will be back. Seriously guys, thank you.

Spark has hidden ninja 25% energy regen + more capacitors, so with 2 heatsinks and Ions it’s a pretty nice ship. Lightbringer has other nice uses though.

well that’s two for jarl now from two competent pilots. I’m going to eat my chicken and dumplings before making a decision

Berserker is way better for fighting. Jarl is better for being a Recon.

Spark has hidden ninja 25% energy regen + more capacitors, so with 2 heatsinks and Ions it’s a pretty nice ship. Lightbringer has other nice uses though.

Berserker is way better for fighting. Jarl is better for being a Recon.

yes I have noticed that premium ships seem to have overall better regen, and thank you for the input regarding the berserker because I see you are a good pilot and a game master which means you probably have more knowledge (i hope) than the average player.

so now I am on the fence again. This must only mean that regardless of what I pick I can’t go wrong.

Don’t listen to the spaniard!

Don’t listen to the spaniard!

at one point spain had a global empire. That doesn’t happen in a nation of idiots.

yes I have noticed that premium ships seem to have overall better regen, and thank you for the input regarding the berserker because I see you are a good pilot and a game master which means you probably have more knowledge (i hope) than the average player.

so now I am on the fence again. This must only mean that regardless of what I pick I can’t go wrong.

Berserker is good for fighting because the 2 capacitors allow you to put more DPS on your main weapon or increase your energy stability, that means more survivability. It’s slower than the Jarl but it has more potential rotation thanks to the extra Vernier, that means a Berserker is more dangerous than a Jarl in a 1v1 fight, because he’s more pesky.

I’d fly Berserker with Pulse Lasers or RFB using a heatsink + EB/Energy regen that way you increase for example from 2024 DPS with a blue RFB (no ammunition) to 2212 using a purple heatsink. I think it’s pretty worthy. 

Jarl is better as a Recon because it has bonus to recon modules and it’s also faster. 

Just like in T4 (Leonina - King Nibelung) or T3 (Deimon - Swarm), the premium ship is more oriented to aggressive flying.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Edit - that’s in reply to the Spanish Empire post. Damned post sniping!

Jarl is best recon.

Berserker is better dogfighter.

I use the first in sq and the second in pugs.

at one point spain had a global empire. That doesn’t happen in a nation of idiots.

So did we (Portugal). And we didn’t have to destroy half a continent for it.

Berserker is good for fighting because the 2 capacitors allow you to put more DPS on your main weapon or increase your energy stability, that means more survivability. It’s slower than the Jarl but it has more potential rotation thanks to the extra Vernier, that means a Berserker is more dangerous than a Jarl in a 1v1 fight, because he’s more pesky.

I’d fly Berserker with Pulse Lasers or RFB using a heatsink + EB/Energy regen that way you increase for example from 2024 DPS with a blue RFB (no ammunition) to 2212 using a purple heatsink. I think it’s pretty worthy. 

Jarl is better as a Recon because it has bonus to recon modules and it’s also faster. 

Just like in T4 (Leonina - King Nibelung) or T3 (Deimon - Swarm), the premium ship is more oriented to aggressive flying.

wow that is very detailed. I believe I will prefer the berserker because I’m as sophisticated as a crowbar in a bag of hammers.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Edit - that’s in reply to the Spanish Empire post. Damned post sniping!

when you get enough dumb people in one place,  thought control becomes possible due to the diffusion of responsibility and overwhelming social pressure to conform. of course its better to have a framework already established so that people more readily switch from individuals to mob mentality. It practically runs itself.

Jarl is best recon.

Berserker is better dogfighter.

I use the first in sq and the second in pugs.

combined with post before settles my dispute between which one to get. Besides, I can grind for a jarl any time. berserker is on sale now.

thank you forums!

creation cannot exist without destruction, however some of the things spain is responsible for in the past are things I would have not condoned had I lived at the time and had been aware of them, but its history and I have no say over what is already carved in stone, so instead it is best to learn from them - it still does not change the fact that spain has a pedigree in empire building and to do so requires quite a bit genetically from its own people.

but all joking aside, bottom line is he gave me a detailed response, you told me not to trust him because he was from spain, and with further detailed responses supporting his own I’m inclined to believe he is a  very competent individual who makes his country proud. I understand this was a joke but this is business before pleasure and I do not joke in such a situation. at least in text.

Come on come on, don’t be angry. Portugal will always be our cute little brother  :snowgirl: