"Balanced" pvp is fiction

Yes that title is correct. Balanced pvp is a line of . . . . .   matchmaker placing rank 4 and rank 5 ships against rank 8 and higher ships is about as far from a fair fight as you can get right up there with placing a brand new rank 1 against a maxed out rank 5, like there’s a snowballs chance that rank one could ever take down that rank 5. Rank 4 long range frigate vs rank 9 long range frigate… special module range for rank 4 9500 …rank 9 firing range 11000+ 2 hits rank 4 is dead doesn’t move fast enough to get close enough or evade getting shot and this is called a fair fight?

match maker for pvp needs to be changed a lot and on a slight side note destroyers need to be put in their own matches against only other destroyers …beacon hunt with destroyers…they just sit on the beacon and demolish anyone who even tries to get close…domination same thing except now you get one beacon with two destroyers on it and a second beacon with a destroyer and other support from the rest of their team…effective area denial is a nice concept but not when it makes even bothering to play in pvp a complete waste of time.

There is a ton of content and changes dropping on this game soon so just stay put and watch.

" soon"  when exactly is that time frame…
"stay put and watch " I’d rather go out, buy a game that actually works and is balanced properly and play it while watching Devs fail even more.

Nonsense! Skill is everything. A skilled pilot easily kills three R15 ships in full purple with only a R1 white ship.

35 minutes ago, Xt101 said:

" soon"  when exactly is that time frame…
"stay put and watch " I’d rather go out, buy a game that actually works and is balanced properly and play it while watching Devs fail even more.

I would rather not help you with info seeing how much negative sarcasm i got but, 20th december anti destro weapons, february/march trading between players and june-rest of the year OS rework.

In order to survive this dangerous space dungeon, aka Star Conflict and all its perils that follows the MM conundrum, one needs to have a xxxxload of patience, endurance1 and a complete trust in the power of It Will Be Fixed Soon__™

1) also known as lunacy in some cases

By soon, they mean the 20th of this month. Just hang in and see what comes of things. ^^

23 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

By soon, they mean the 20th of this month. Just hang in and see what comes of things. ^^

Or maybe the Soon after that one, you know… We have quite a few.

6 hours ago, Xt101 said:

Yes that title is correct. Balanced pvp is a line of . . . . .   matchmaker placing rank 4 and rank 5 ships against rank 8 and higher ships is about as far from a fair fight as you can get right up there with placing a brand new rank 1 against a maxed out rank 5, like there’s a snowballs chance that rank one could ever take down that rank 5. Rank 4 long range frigate vs rank 9 long range frigate… special module range for rank 4 9500 …rank 9 firing range 11000+ 2 hits rank 4 is dead doesn’t move fast enough to get close enough or evade getting shot and this is called a fair fight?

match maker for pvp needs to be changed a lot and on a slight side note destroyers need to be put in their own matches against only other destroyers …beacon hunt with destroyers…they just sit on the beacon and demolish anyone who even tries to get close…domination same thing except now you get one beacon with two destroyers on it and a second beacon with a destroyer and other support from the rest of their team…effective area denial is a nice concept but not when it makes even bothering to play in pvp a complete waste of time.

If someone is using rank 4 or 5 against rank 8 ships is his own fault and deserve to die fast.

Btw rank 8 destroyers are a piece of cake in beacon related matches. Wait for gravy lens… you’ll see truly beacon denial.

7 hours ago, theNoob said:

Nonsense! Skill is everything. A skilled pilot easily kills three R15 ships in full purple with only a R1 white ship.

ROFL! perfect response

7 hours ago, phoenixfire009 said:

In order to survive this dangerous space dungeon, aka Star Conflict and all its perils that follows the MM conundrum, one needs to have a xxxxload of patience, endurance1 and a complete trust in the power of It Will Be Fixed Soon__™

1) also known as lunacy in some cases

also perfect. this holds true to more games than I can list here.

4 hours ago, ntboble said:

If someone is using rank 4 or 5 against rank 8 ships is his own fault and deserve to die fast.

Btw rank 8 destroyers are a piece of cake in beacon related matches. Wait for gravy lens… you’ll see truly beacon denial.

You obviously either didn’t read my original post or don’t know how to read properly because I did say the match maker, I set myself with ONLY my rank 4 long range frigate in my lineup and hit the queue because I’ve been working on maxing the synergy of my ships before moving to the next rank. So no it isn’t my own fault any more than it is the fault of others that end up with the same things happening.

Also I would love to see you try and solo against a destroyer using the same ship i was if it’s so easy

18 hours ago, Xt101 said:

destroyers need to be put in their own matches against only other destroyers …beacon hunt with destroyers

How about NO.

Please
GIT GUD or GET REKT

3 hours ago, Waiban said:

How about NO.

Please
GIT GUD or GET REKT

That. U nubs have just to get gut and stop whining. I can kill a destro easily with any ship u just need l33t skillz!

4 hours ago, Waiban said:

How about NO.

Please
GIT GUD or GET REKT

how about contribute something useful to the topic or shut up. I’ll give you the same challenge I gave ntboble, use the same ship I used and take down a destroyer alone or take your illiterate self someplace else.

40 minutes ago, Xt101 said:

how about contribute something useful to the topic or shut up. I’ll give you the same challenge I gave ntboble, use the same ship I used and take down a destroyer alone or take your illiterate self someplace else.

Dude you are on fire.

Please calm down.

1 hour ago, theNoob said:

That. U nubs have just to get gut and stop whining. I can kill a destro easily with any ship u just need l33t skillz!

Sensei, i use 360scope with my LRF, is that great?

I miss the times when I was in R15 with my R3 Doomsday-Kite-E ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) 

ships get after all bigger ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) being tiny in R15 is fun.

I thought if you equip R5 or smaller, you get into the easy mode, not medium?

I think you cannot avoid a game being like that in the mid tiers. No game I know of has not a mid-field gauntlet at some point, where games are rather chaotic and frustrating (even StarCraft ladder, or Overwatch, or other games called “balanced” have an ELO hell, which is usually frustrating to play). At least, atm. its early, and its really easy to finish R4/R5 and get some higher ranked ships.

The only downside to the new system is that low rank ships have not enough slots to make use of the bonus as much, as R10 have against R15. A R10 can use the bonuses to get immense damage and round resis, and has also 4 abilities, and at least a slot of each most likely.

I answer to you what I think: I take my R8+ all into R15 games. And it feels okay. It’s really fun. In the past, it would have put me into T3. So there was a definite improvement. When I was starting the game, there were a lot lot lot lot more vets in lower tiers, and you didnt even think about the problem being your ship, it was quite obviously clear, it has more to do with skill.

Otherwise, you might be frustrated atm. but I think, the key is to really push. Also, dont play LRF until you have mastered other ships. That is my main advice. It makes you a crappy player if you learn the game from the spawn. Just think that, if you see R9 LRFs. Use them as practice to learn how to evade their shots, learn the timing on them. Make the things frustrating you your strength. You will dominate them later.

Overall, your judgement seems angry, and anger isn’t the best starting point to be objective. Once you reach R10+, you will see, things get a lot better and worse at the same time.

So not saying there ain’t room for improvement, but I think, you will not have a complete picture yet in R1-R7.

A lot of ppl level those with PvE anyway, and try to tier rush, at least you ain’t doing that.

Welcome to the forum of SC, Xt101. It is like PVP: brutal, unfair, hard to master and yet rewarding. You can lean a lot. For example [this guide](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30522-the-hitchhikers-guide-to-star-conflict/) from ORCA1911 is really interesting to starting players. You can also visit the WIKI for more especific info.

I’m sorry,  Xt101, but you need some guidance. So don’t take my words hardly. The best thing you are doing from my point of view is maxing the synergy for low level ships. You’ll get a boost in synergy doing this. But you talk about MM only nonsense.

This is the right place to check ship bonuses in the matchmaking. Depending on rank you get a boost. But most important if you are playing against rank 8 ships with a 4 rank ship… Why are you complaining like a baby instead of filling a bug report with logs ofc? [This is the guide](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/) you need. And post in the correct section. Otherwise the post will be ignored.

20 hours ago, Xt101 said:

You obviously either didn’t read my original post or don’t know how to read properly because I did say the match maker, I set myself with ONLY my rank 4 long range frigate in my lineup and hit the queue because I’ve been working on maxing the synergy of my ships before moving to the next rank. So no it isn’t my own fault any more than it is the fault of others that end up with the same things happening.

![:facepalm:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/facepalm.png “:facepalm:”) Don’t that again, please. Legends say this is the reason of the universe to be on war. The true is that otherwise some good pilots start posting ideas about how to educate force the new players to fill ALL the slots with ships. It is important to have choices if you plan winning every match. Did you know SC has different game modes?

20 hours ago, Xt101 said:

Also I would love to see you try and solo against a destroyer using the same ship i was if it’s so easy

![:fed014:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed014.png “:fed014:”)Don’t that again, please. At least not for now. Your team is your strength. You should be with them. You have to help your team and complit objectives. Soloing will get you killed most of the times in PVP. If you plan on doing this make whatever you can to be on my enemy team for obvious reasons.

It is not the first time I kill a destroyer with an LRF or an engie. It takes time and those are mostly bad destroyer players with bad configurations. I still remember once i killed a destroyer from 5.000m with an engie and my plasma gun: The destroyer was trying to kill me with mezon without spread reduction or team support. I hadn’t to take cover. An LRF has 6 guns instead of 4 and coil mortar is nice on destroyers ![:cool:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/cool.png “:cool:”). Once you get the rank for that weapon you’ll love it.

20 hours ago, ntboble said:

Welcome to the forum of SC, Xt101. It is like PVP: brutal, unfair, hard to master and yet rewarding. You can lean a lot. For example [this guide](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30522-the-hitchhikers-guide-to-star-conflict/) from ORCA1911 is really interesting to starting players. You can also visit the WIKI for more especific info.

I’m sorry,  Xt101, but you need some guidance. So don’t take my words hardly. The best thing you are doing from my point of view is maxing the synergy for low level ships. You’ll get a boost in synergy doing this. But you talk about MM only nonsense.

This is the right place to check ship bonuses in the matchmaking. Depending on rank you get a boost. But most important if you are playing against rank 8 ships with a 4 rank ship… Why are you complaining like a baby instead of filling a bug report with logs ofc? [This is the guide](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/) you need. And post in the correct section. Otherwise the post will be ignored.

![:facepalm:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/facepalm.png “:facepalm:”) Don’t that again, please. Legends say this is the reason of the universe to be on war. The true is that otherwise some good pilots start posting ideas about how to educate force the new players to fill ALL the slots with ships. It is important to have choices if you plan winning every match. Did you know SC has different game modes?

![:fed014:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed014.png “:fed014:”)Don’t that again, please. At least not for now. Your team is your strength. You should be with them. You have to help your team and complit objectives. Soloing will get you killed most of the times in PVP. If you plan on doing this make whatever you can to be on my enemy team for obvious reasons.

It is not the first time I kill a destroyer with an LRF or an engie. It takes time and those are mostly bad destroyer players with bad configurations. I still remember once i killed a destroyer from 5.000m with an engie and my plasma gun: The destroyer was trying to kill me with mezon without spread reduction or team support. I hadn’t to take cover. An LRF has 6 guns instead of 4 and coil mortar is nice on destroyers ![:cool:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/cool.png “:cool:”). Once you get the rank for that weapon you’ll love it.

1.) “complaining like a baby” really? is that a serious comment? I didn’t post it as a bug report because to my knowledge it’s not a bug and if it is it has likely been reported to death by the thousands of other payers that get the same things happening

2.) “need some guidance” From whom exactly? player in chat don’t help…players in corps don’t help, so that leaves…oh yea here on the forums

3.) Yes, I know about the different game modes. I set only my one ship in the line up because that was the ship i was working on maxing the synergy for before moving onto the next rank. I’m not going to slot ships that already have their synergy maxed because it’s pointless

4.) taking out the destroyer would have helped towards the objective because it would have opened up a beacon to be captured. A rank 5 LRF can use coil mortar and while yes it is nice it’s still well within the firing range of a destroyer.

Contrary to the incorrect opinions of some I did not make the original post or any comment since in anger/rage. I was simply baffled by the stupidity and/or ignorance of some who seem to think sarcasm and boastful / egotistical responses are a good idea to help someone or contribute to something.

10 hours ago, Xt101 said:

1.) “complaining like a baby” really? is that a serious comment? I didn’t post it as a bug report because to my knowledge it’s not a bug and if it is it has likely been reported to death by the thousands of other payers that get the same things happening

2.) “need some guidance” From whom exactly? player in chat don’t help…players in corps don’t help, so that leaves…oh yea here on the forums

3.) Yes, I know about the different game modes. I set only my one ship in the line up because that was the ship i was working on maxing the synergy for before moving onto the next rank. I’m not going to slot ships that already have their synergy maxed because it’s pointless

4.) taking out the destroyer would have helped towards the objective because it would have opened up a beacon to be captured. A rank 5 LRF can use coil mortar and while yes it is nice it’s still well within the firing range of a destroyer.

Contrary to the incorrect opinions of some I did not make the original post or any comment since in anger/rage. I was simply baffled by the stupidity and/or ignorance of some who seem to think sarcasm and boastful / egotistical responses are a good idea to help someone or contribute to something.

1. <Git Gud you Casul>

2. Or maybe you are just another silent player in chat/corp, leave your corp and find the best crowdy corp… 

3. Pointless? Max Synergy ship can help you soo much, every game mode need different ships… dont just put a single ship, put more…

4. Change your ship to faster and manueverable: Tackler, Gunship, Covert, Recon, and ECM

11 hours ago, Waiban said:

1. <Git Gud you Casul>

2. Or maybe you are just another silent player in chat/corp, leave your corp and find the best crowdy corp… 

3. Pointless? Max Synergy ship can help you soo much, every game mode need different ships… dont just put a single ship, put more…

4. Change your ship to faster and manueverable: Tackler, Gunship, Covert, Recon, and ECM

1.) learn English and try using it properly
2.) I talk often with friends and when I need to with others
3.)it is pointless to play a max synergy ship when your focus is maxing out the synergy of other ships to move onto the next rank
4.)Those would be in the next rank I was working towards