"Balanced" pvp is fiction

Destroyers are terrible ships because they just have too much going for them. It’s all too easy to reduce other ship classes to being worthless. The only ship that can take them head on is a Long Range Frigate, and even then only if they can stay out of range. Every other ship relies on ambush and massive amounts of support - even then, I’ve been attacked by 2-3 interceptors and my team has had plenty of time to come wipe them out for me.

When the correct counter to a Destroyer is another Destroyer, you have a class that needs to be banned.

2 hours ago, JasanQuinn said:

When the correct counter to a Destroyer is another Destroyer, you have a class that needs to be banned.

agreed, and if not banned / removed then restricted significantly more than they are now

2 hours ago, JasanQuinn said:

Destroyers are terrible ships because they just have too much going for them. It’s all too easy to reduce other ship classes to being worthless. The only ship that can take them head on is a Long Range Frigate, and even then only if they can stay out of range. Every other ship relies on ambush and massive amounts of support - even then, I’ve been attacked by 2-3 interceptors and my team has had plenty of time to come wipe them out for me.

Well this won’t be a destroyer if it can be kill by one random guy…

Glad to see you back tho ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I’m not talking about randoms. I’ve seen plenty of random destroyers die horribly when they decide to capture a beacon alone and get jumped by half the enemy team. However, if you assume competence from all parties, destroyers are singularly overpowered. 

I’d also like to point out that, from a historical perspective, naval battleships were routinely destroyed by “one random guy”. This is precisely why submarine warfare is so deadly.

This is what happens, when the ones that post this type of stuff, lose:

Spoiler

ROFLMAO! j/k btw but funny all the same…

Not true. Plenty of people will point out broken things even when winning, or even when using the broken loadout. This is not people saying “I lost to x so x is broken”, it’s “x is rendering !x obsolete.”

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, Xt101 said:

1.) “complaining like a baby” really? is that a serious comment? I didn’t post it as a bug report because to my knowledge it’s not a bug and if it is it has likely been reported to death by the thousands of other payers that get the same things happening

2.) “need some guidance” From whom exactly? player in chat don’t help…players in corps don’t help, so that leaves…oh yea here on the forums

3.) Yes, I know about the different game modes. I set only my one ship in the line up because that was the ship i was working on maxing the synergy for before moving onto the next rank. I’m not going to slot ships that already have their synergy maxed because it’s pointless

4.) taking out the destroyer would have helped towards the objective because it would have opened up a beacon to be captured. A rank 5 LRF can use coil mortar and while yes it is nice it’s still well within the firing range of a destroyer.

Contrary to the incorrect opinions of some I did not make the original post or any comment since in anger/rage. I was simply baffled by the stupidity and/or ignorance of some who seem to think sarcasm and boastful / egotistical responses are a good idea to help someone or contribute to something.

Yes it is a serious comment. And now i can add lazy. Because you have a link where is explained than if you use a rank 4 ship you won’t fight against rank 9 ships. So it’s time you do something useful and post a bug report if this problem persist. But i fear you were wrong in the first place. Because you didn’t read your own posts. You say in the first line on this post rank 4 or rank 5. Not only rank 4. Rank 5 CAN fight against rank 9. Again read the link for Bonus System and Matchmaking, please.

You need guidance from us, corp memebers, friends, whatever… You get a couple of hints from me and you simply ignore them or you give us non coherent answers.

You have to fill all ship slots. Even if you are focusing on one ship. There are times when this ship is not the best to win. So instead of resigning and making yourself a burden for your team you can choose another ship more suitable to win. With max synergy or not.  I strongly recommend avoid mixing ship ranks. Take into account than max synergy ships gain twice free synergy than others.

I’m sorry, but destroyers are not easyly taken solo rambo. Where was your team? Where was your destroyers? You can’t capture a beacon if you are dead. Attacking a target without the upper hand is usually a mistake, but without support is plain stupid. Common sense works here, start to use it or you’ll die miserably.

Lazy?  You assume I haven’t already looked at the link you gave. I did read my own post and I know exactly what I wrote in it “” Match maker placing rank 4 and rank 5 ships against rank 8 ships and higher “”, ‘’" Rank 4 LRF vs rank 9 LRF “”. You are the one who needs to go and read the post since you can’t even quote it correctly.

I haven’t ignored what you or anyone else has said when it was actually useful information.

What “answer” or response exactly are you referring to that was “non coherent”?

I don’t have to fill all the ship slots if I choose not to it is not a requisite to be able to play the game and expect a decent match against similarly ranked ships.

" So instead of resigning and making yourself a burden for your team " I have not once ever resigned from a match.

" Take into account than max synergy ships gain twice free synergy than others. " Already know that and so does anyone else who’s bothered to look at the info for the game.

Rambo? rotflmao. Really. You have never played even one match with or against me and have no idea of how I play. My “team” had 2 players with destroyers in their line up that they were not using. The rest of my team were off dog fighting in areas no where near the beacons.

“Common sense works here, start to use it or you’ll die miserably.” Only works when you’re not the only one on your team with any to use. Objective base game…team off scoring kills instead of assaulting capture points.
Common sense says you can spout all you want but you weren’t in the match’s I made reference to and you know piss all about me, how I play or what information I do or don’t know about the game so how about just shutting up and keeping off my posts because the only thing I’ve seen from you is an ego that needs to be cut down to size.

Can we start over again, what’s the topic here really? One short paragraph please.

21 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Can we start over again, what’s the topic here really? One short paragraph please.

This…

On 13/12/2016 at 4:26 PM, Xt101 said:

matchmaker placing rank 4 and rank 5 ships against rank 8 and higher

21 hours ago, Xt101 said:

You are the one who needs to go and read the post since you can’t even quote it correctly.

I wasn’t quoting you. Did you see any quoting?  Aside from that.  I already told you, anyone playing with rank 4 ship against rank 8 ships deserve to die fast. Because if you pay attention to my last post, i put you shouldn’t be mixing different rank ships. This is because if you put rank 4 and rank 5 together in the same line up you end playing against players with ships rank 5-9. it isn’t that hard to understand from the links for a normal person, but i suppose it’s hard for you, Xt101.If you put rank 4 alone and fight against rank 8 or rank 9 then fill a bug report.

22 hours ago, Xt101 said:

What “answer” or response exactly are you referring to that was “non coherent”?

This…

On 17/12/2016 at 10:14 PM, ntboble said:

I set only my one ship in the line up because that was the ship i was working on maxing the synergy for before moving onto the next rank. I’m not going to slot ships that already have their synergy maxed because it’s pointless

Rambo? rotflmao. Really. You have never played even one match with or against me and have no idea of how I play.

From that to this…

On 17/12/2016 at 10:14 PM, ntboble said:

I’m sorry, but destroyers are not easyly taken solo rambo.

There is a different so big even you should be able to understand it. Let me explain this for you Xt101. Destroyers can’t be shot down by one player easily right now. It doesn’t matter who is attacking them. In short i wasn’t talking about you.

My “team” had 2 players with destroyers in their line up that they were not using

Destroyers aren’t the best for beacon matchs in rank 5-9. A fast recon is better. You see another reason to put more than one ship in your line up.

“Common sense works here, start to use it or you’ll die miserably.” Only works when you’re not the only one on your team with any to use. Objective base game…team off scoring kills instead of assaulting capture points.

LRF is not the best ship to capture beacons. But it is the only you have in your line up. So you lack common sense.

Common sense says you can spout all you want but you weren’t in the match’s I made reference to and you know piss all about me, how I play or what information I do or don’t know about the game so how about just shutting up and keeping off my posts because the only thing I’ve seen from you is an ego that needs to be cut down to size.

This form has rules. As long I follow them I can say whatever i want. But if any moderator ask me I won’t answer to this topic.

Just chill ppl and get back to the topic, next long arguing quote and im outta here.

also

22 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I fully agree to the topic. When I want to play PvP I want to have all destroyers out of the game. Some versions earlier it was possible, simply stay at tier 2. But nowadays all matches mixed up. It can’t be that I want a pure t2 match with only level 6 ships equippend and be stranded in a match with almost everybody on t3 and r8 destroyers. Thank you for that fun killing match making.

Yes I can hear all the “blabla” go tier 5 etc. But that not the way I play the game. My Hangar is full with t5 ships but t2 was always most fun. The game must come back to real tier level matches. No more mix-ups.

level 10 ships taking on level 15 ships is bad enough but when your level 10 and a level 14 destroyer comes in to play its crazy they sit at the other end of the map and they can still hit you so you have no chance its bad enough taking on any destroyer but at least you have some kind of chance balancing in this game has always been messed up but seriously you think its fare as it is…come on sort it out