Balance or remove the Doomsday missile from the game!

Issues: Doomsday missile is available in T1 , T2 , T3 and not just in T4 and T5. There is no restrictions on tiers and ship classes.

ECM can very easily finish or kill almost any target (Wakizashi AE) with Doomsday missile with little to no effort.

Recon can do this also very well. Tackler as well. I could go on…

Suggestion:

Remove it from the game entirely.

Change the resource requirement or cost. (1 metal blank, 1 computing chip) to (1 graphite plate, 1 Monocrystal)

Limit it to T4 and T5 only. T1 - T3 must be excluded.

It should be only equipable on Frigates.

Also, do not forget to vote!

Thank you.

Sincerely, Koromac

Just make it scale with tiers and it will be fine.

Make it scale, or remove it totally.
If it scale I don’t care if we have more variations, but I don’t like the monocrystal idea, because that would be a p2w step, since you can buy monocrystal any time for GS. Even if that is very expensive, it would even more p2w. 

Even if removal happens, there are still loads of these in player’s inventories.

PS: Also, can you really expect the same people that added such a ridiculous weapon to modify/remove it? …

Even if removal happens, there are still loads of these in player’s inventories.

PS: Also, can you really expect the same people that added such a ridiculous weapon to modify/remove it? …

Well, I certainly hope so. Even if the rest have a lot of them, they will eventually ran out.

The other option is that they cannot equip them, if they are removed, but they can only sell them.

Damage should be scaled, it should do a lot less in t1 compared to t5

T1, T2: scale down or remove. there is no torpedo there, so there should also be no doomsday.

I don’t get why people suggest T4&T5 only, T3 is perfectly acceptable with DD, there are torpedoes already in that tier, as are mines and nukes.

In T5 DD isn’t even really worth it.

easiest solution: scale damage per played tier.

Honestly just take it of intys if you ask me. 

I don’t see the problem here… Xp

Use in anything lower than T3 is a waste and just makes you look like a troll. But use in T5 is not really that great either, as most experienced players will know to swerve to avoid them, as they turn very slowly.

I would prefer the scale

forwarded

According to the feedback, the one is most obvious.

I didn’t include this option in the vote poll, so I will write what is the most suggested option.

Scale the damage down, according with each tier and possibly only include it in T3-T5.

However, I think that if you scale it down, this may not be necessary then, so T1-T5 is fine, but we got no other torpedoes in T1 and T2, so it shouldn’t be there.

Make it unusable in T1/T2. Otherwise it’s fine as is for T3-T5. Torps do just as much damage and you don’t hear anyone complaining about those. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Make it unusable in T1/T2. Otherwise it’s fine as is for T3-T5. Torps do just as much damage and you don’t hear anyone complaining about those. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

torps are unguided and only frigs have it DD is guided missle and you can put it on any ship it’s not the same

We know about this complain and we might do some changes on it in the future.

We know about this complain and we might do some changes on it in the future.

Thank you.

It’s good to know that the issue is known.

I’m very excited to see the changes, if they happen.

I think that scaling would only fix part of the problem. Another problem overlooked in this suggestion is that they are practically given out like candy. Personally, I have stockpiled quite a few of them (almost 100 at this point) simply by doing forward fleet missions. Doomsdays should be much harder to get, as they are extremely effective, as well as scaling them from tier to tier.

They should be nerfed a lot, if they did it to termal weps, horizon & curved they should do it to DD.

There was a choice missing in the Poll.

In my opinion the Doomsday should be restricted to Tier 4 and 5 Fighters. It’s essentially a torpedo, and the fighters in this game have lacked a decent anti-frigate warhead for some time. Restricting it to Fighters would remove the potential for ECM cheese builds that skirt the Doomsday’s lack of speed/mobility, while still allowing Fighters to create Bomber builds to take out stubborn Frigates.

The only class that could use this missile effectively against Interceptors would be Tacklers, and even then, there are several counters in Tier 4/5 that make Interceptors quite capable of breaking their slows before a Doomsday could be delivered.

And, of course, there are always IR Flares. ECM stuns make it impossible to use this counter to Doomsdays, while Tackler inhibitors do not. So fears of unstoppable Doomsday Tacklers are unfounded.

Make it unusable in T1/T2. Otherwise it’s fine as is for T3-T5. Torps do just as much damage and you don’t hear anyone complaining about those. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I complain about the torps! They should activate only after 1 / 2 sec to prevent the kamikaze effect of the point blank shoot at ceptors. There is already other options that should be usefull instead of that.

In my opinion the Doomsday should be restricted to Tier 4 and 5 Fighters. It’s essentially a torpedo, and the fighters in this game have lacked a decent anti-frigate warhead for some time. Restricting it to Fighters would remove the potential for ECM cheese builds that skirt the Doomsday’s lack of speed/mobility, while still allowing Fighters to create Bomber builds to take out stubborn Frigates.

The only class that could use this missile effectively against Interceptors would be Tacklers, and even then, there are several counters in Tier 4/5 that make Interceptors quite capable of breaking their slows before a Doomsday could be delivered.

And, of course, there are always IR Flares. ECM stuns make it impossible to use this counter to Doomsdays, while Tackler inhibitors do not. So fears of unstoppable Doomsday Tacklers are unfounded.

I don’t see any problem on using it on frig. The cruise missile is already something of the same kind. Gunship already have great dps. Tackler don’t need this. If anything, I’ll give it only to command and ingineer, but for credits instead of manufacturing it.