Background entities

I think that a new life could be brought to the game by adding interactible background critters and ships and drones etc to PvP/PvE (and ofc OS). They should have no affect on the game (except maybe a small amount of synergy or cred?) and actually move around and be killable. (Think CS:GO chickens)

Some ideas for passive critters include:

-Scavenger Drone

Just floats around and does drone things. Might be carrying a container. Easily destroyed.

-Hauler

Just a harmless cargo ship-WAIT NO DON’T GET CLOSE TO THAT NUK-welp he’s dead now. Harder to destroy.

-Alien Polyp

Crawls around on rocks and sometimes jumps to other rocks. Easy to kill.

-Scavenger

Just a trashy ship with no guns. Has AI and will run away if attacked.

-Miner

Just a mining ship with a small laser (one turret that only reaches like 300m in front of the ship). Has AI and will run away if attacked. If attacked close up it will return fire.

-Repair Tech

A utility ship with no weapons but has heavy armor. Has AI and will run away if attacked.

-Sattelite

A small sattelite in space. Beeps occasionally. Easily destroyed.

-Space Fox

A small orange fox with a space helmet. Sometimes throws a little orange crystal at you. Impossible to kill.

-Radio Station

A small sattelite in space. You can hear music over the comms if you get close enough. Easily destroyed.

-Pirate Scanner

A small sattelite in space. It’s watching you. Easily destroyed.

-Space Jellyfish

A jellyfish from Vior. Floats around and does jellyfish things. If you touch the tentacles you get shocked. Easily killed.

-Space Reptile

A Reptile from Vior. Floats around and does reptile things. Sometimes screeches at you. Easily killed.

-Spectator Drone

A player-controlled drone from outside the battle. Heavily armored and cannot cause collision damage.

-Racing Ship

A thrill-seeker out to race through the sector as fast as possible. If you manage to stop it, you might get yelled at.

-Bounty (added to any background mob, denoted by a +)

Adds a credit or resource bonus to your battle if killed.

-Stranded

A civilian ship that broke down in space. Push them to safety and they might reward you. Easily destroyed.

-Mine

Randomly found sometimes in space. Do light thermal damage. Left over from the wars of old. Easily destroyed.

-Sentry

Randomly found sometimes attached to rocks and debris. Does light kinetic damage. Left over from the wars of old. Easily destroyed.

AND SO MUCH MORE!

There are some pretty neat ideas there, i’ve sent them on their merry way to dem designers ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

There are some pretty neat ideas there, i’ve sent them on their merry way to dem designers ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Suuuure

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Suuuure

Well, it isn’t ORCAs job to ignore them… ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

26 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Well, it isn’t ORCAs job to ignore them… ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

I can tho if you want me to ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

7 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I can tho if you want me to ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Nah u do u

9 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Nah u do u

#splash

Nice idea