"Auto Afterburner" Keybind

Hi Devs, Staffs and fellow Mercenaries:

The “Boremys” update has been one of the most exciting, but there is two changes I don’t understand: Computing Block recipe change (if you want to, look out for that thread in Game Discussion > Leveling And Economy > “Overexpensive Processing Chip Recipe”) and the removal of the “Auto-afterburner” keybind removal. Personally, it’s one of the most useful functions on Destroyers, since (most of) their reactors’ outputs aren’t powerful enough to sustain a prolonged afterburner thrust, so the keybind builds up speed to a reasonable threshold, then cut the burn it with “Z” (by default). But since the “Boremys” Update, this key has been removed, which complicates Destroyer manuvering, as players are forced to choose between firing short bursts of afterburners by checking the “Auto-afterburners” option in Settings > Game, or attempt to conserve power by accelerating with standard thrusters, which require a ridiculously long amount of time (approximately 16.5 seconds on Jericho’s Destroyer “Sybil”) to accelerate to 100 m/s. Anyone having trouble with this feature too? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Why can’t you use the normal afterburner key?

Uh… what?

I don’t understand the problem.

Using the normal afterburner key is much more efficient than using auto afterburners.

They both used the same amount of energy as well, so I really don’t understand why you are complaining about it.

Auto-afterburners were a nuisance and really a huge waste of energy and control for everyone.

Actually sometimes it was useful. Why the keybind couldn’t stay and just be cleared by default is another question ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

It was useful when you had the cruise mode for example, combined with the auto-afterburners would result in the ship going forward at full speed without any input from the player, but outside of leaving your game unattended for a short while while in OS for travelling around, it wasn’t of much use.

I really liked the key, I used it often.

It saves a finger while executing complicated maneuers. It’s also handy in open space, when I fly from gate to gate.

I do not understand why it’s being removed. Keys can be unbound if they are considered annoying/useless by the player.

There are plenty of keys  with questionable usefulness, and I think that auto-afterburner key shloud be kept as one of them.

If you’re as used to it as I am you can download the [AutoAfter.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17388) script and use that.

It simply hold’s your Shift key if you press Z, and stops when you press Z again.

9 minutes ago, Not_rusty said:

I really liked the key, I used it often.

It saves a finger while executing complicated maneuers. It’s also handy in open space, when I fly from gate to gate.

I do not understand why it’s being removed. Keys can be unbound if they are considered annoying/useless by the player.

There are plenty of keys  with questionable usefulness, and I think that auto-afterburner key shloud be kept as one of them.

If you’re as used to it as I am you can download the [AutoAfter.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17388) script and use that.

It simply hold’s your Shift key if you press Z, and stops when you press Z again.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/98546f4be314079fc7267143fb65b4cd40aa5143fb2f34c74cd2ffcd7f613b16/detection

As always arbitrary antivirus engines do flag the file :D.

19 minutes ago, John161 said:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/98546f4be314079fc7267143fb65b4cd40aa5143fb2f34c74cd2ffcd7f613b16/detection

As always arbitrary antivirus engines do flag the file :D.

I like the fact that people actually do check for viruses before downloading questionable software from online forums  ![:576a55a9bca5d_):](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/576a55a9bca5d_).png “:576a55a9bca5d_):”)

this was the shittiest thing about the update, i want my auto afterburner key back

Yeah we need the auto AB key back if ppl find that key annoying they can unbind it