Allowable ranks for Sector Conquest

After a transition to rank system, Matchmaking in the Skirmish was changed, but the ranks in Sector Conquest are still the same as in the previous system. We want to change this thing because now some ranks are too weak against others.

We are thinking about options in the poll. What do you think about them? Or maybe you have your own suggestions?

Its fine as it is.

Dunno. ask me and pay me for the concept.

@Keep current system guys

unlae.jpg

Right now the current system is imbalanced, that’s why we need this change, it doesn’t need to be heavy but put R7 against R9 is not fair at all, at least not for the weaker corps. Reaper vs Anaconda-M, while Reaper can’t even use Adaptives or Galvanized… just for example.

Rank 11’s cannot compete with Rank 13’s. Rank 13’s can compete with Rank 15’s, however. I like this idea, this will also mean I can use my Kris S in dreads!

Rank 11’s cannot compete with Rank 13’s.

We were considering many facts according to balance, if the Rank 11 ship is being controlled by at least a non-nub pilot he can defeat a R13 ship, especially because it can use the same modules as the R13 ship, it just has 1 passive slot less. But they did put R7 against R9 before and now which is a way, way higher difference.

Would the new system entail rank changes of premium ships?

How will/would the upcoming new ship role fit in this system?

Would the new system entail rank changes of premium ships?

I don’t exactly know how you mean this, but if you think that R12 is being counted as R11, no.

Premium ships had different ranks in eyes of MM considering squads, but not more. R12 stays R12 and R9 stays R9, they won’t have any special advantage in this.

How will/would the upcoming new ship role fit in this system?

Since those new ships are still in development and still secret data this question can’t be answered… yet.

As soon as some information to them is being released this answer can, and will be answered.

I don’t exactly know how you mean this, but if you think that R12 is being counted as R11, no.

Premium ships had different ranks in eyes of MM considering squads, but not more. R12 stays R12 and R9 stays R9, they won’t have any special advantage in this.

I was thinking of moving them up with one rank from 9 to 10 and from 12 to 13. Maybe it would also resolve some frustrations in normal pvp.

I was thinking of moving them up with one rank from 9 to 10 and from 12 to 13. Maybe it would also resolve some frustrations in normal pvp.

Hmm, it could be. But then again it would not be really fair for the players taking Premium Ships, P2Loose is not kind of a solution. Premium Ships are not essentially better, they are aggressive-oriented, more on damage instead of utility. Put R9 Premiums against R13 ships at some point or even R12 would not be fair at all.

Less frustration for casual players, more frustration for those who paid…

Premium ships are not that much of a problem, just a few are really strong in good hands and that’s it.

We were considering many facts according to balance, if the Rank 11 ship is being controlled by at least a non-nub pilot he can defeat a R13 ship, especially because it can use the same modules as the R13 ship, it just has 1 passive slot less. But they did put R7 against R9 before and now which is a way, way higher difference.

Here’s my worry. Ranks 9 and 10 are both levels incompatible with 15’s… Rank 11 and 12 ships, however, can. On paper, a Tiger, with completely maximised modules and armoury, would lose to a Lion with the exact same setup because of the rank compatibility difference, and not necessarily by as much edge as it may be argued. The same thing would happen to a Castor and an Apollo, or the Katana AE and the Lance.

Just another side note on the Rank 9 minimum part. This will also completely swipe the Cerberus from gameplay in the lower tiers of combat, meaning the only option to defend your dreadnought in the lower ranks will be to use a Sigurdr, or at least give us another LRF in Rank 9 or 10 which can be purchased without the necessary need for galactic standards. Ranks 11 and 12 have both the Centaur and the Chiron available for this task and by removing the Cerberus, you will be making a lot of dreadnought games easier to win and thus, more “advantaged” players, forced to use the Sigurdr in combat when their primary role is (e.g.) in a Tackler or a Covert Ops.

And it’s either this, or move the Cerberus to Rank 9. I do understand there are other ways to destroy torpedoes such as using gunships or focus firing, but it is crucial for the balance of gameplay that Rank 8 ships are still inclusive.

Yes Sho, that’s true. We’ll think about it.

1st The main PROBLEM IS THE SYSTEM!!! not the ranks. You know, fake attacks, iridium farming, tempjoins

2nd Keep the system and fix the modules instead of make everything worst!  The system was planned for Tiers.
You know you had something what worked and instead of extended it to help the lower level players you messed up everything.

3rd T5 dreads? I thought that is just for bots :smiley:

4th Don’t forget, the newbies has to bring 3 ships too. This requirement is stupid anyway. Most of the players from small/weaker corps just has 2 xR7 and 1xR9 ship and they can come to dread If you move it to R9-10 you’ll lose even more players who probably wants  to play , they’ll probably get disappointed if one day they can play on the other, they can’t. (Like when players just get closed out from invasion)

The current dread system, with TimeZones is NOT WORKING! 

1st The main PROBLEM IS THE SYSTEM!!! not the ranks. You know, fake attacks, iridium farming, tempjoins

Give me a wand and I’ll do my best, but a working one please.

2nd Keep the system and fix the modules instead of make everything worst!  The system was planned for Tiers.

You know you had something what worked and instead of extended it to help the lower level players you messed up everything.

It worked, yes. But the thing was that the need to make it more comfortable was needed, reason? Vets farming newcomers in their Tiers because those just had Mk1 stuff.

No, they were planned right in the beginning, there are just small factors that we’re waiting for till this is coming.

4th Don’t forget, the newbies has to bring 3 ships too. This requirement is stupid anyway. Most of the players from small/weaker corps just has 2 xR7 and 1xR9 ship and they can come to dread If you move it to R9-10 you’ll lose even more players who probably wants  to play , they’ll probably get disappointed if one day they can play on the other, they can’t. (Like when players just get closed out from invasion)

I think it’s better to take Newbies out of there if they can’t fly it instead of taking them into a slaughterfest.

So PLEASE stop f*cking up what is working, and work on the Main problem! The current dread system, with TimeZones is NOT WORKING! 

Instead of flaming about everything and coming with negative comments, try to offer a doable solution which is good for EVERYBODY

Added in blue.

The current dread system, with TimeZones is NOT WORKING! 

I didn’t say that suggestions from this poll will make the system perfect. But they at least can do it smoother, no? 

Added in blue.

First you are not a dev so please stop acting like a dev.

1. You are not a dev, they have to plan and code, nothing to do with a wand :slight_smile: This is not magic.

2. Reduce the difference finally between the MK1 and MK5. If the vets still can farm, git gud.

3. I don’t care about T5 dreads. It was just funny to see.

4. We have a small playerbase, we should let the newbies to play instead close them out. Specially because from R7 the only option to play PVP in squad is the dread.

I even if I write out my anger about the stupidity, 99% I have solution plan. But 99% nobody listen to me :slight_smile:

Gizmo sums it up pretty well.

My comments:

1. system definitely needs to change. current one is too easy to abuse and isn’t conducive for all corporations, only large ones.

1. Imo, tiers should just be reimplemented with some changes (I will prob create a thread for ideas on this). Switching to rank-based matchmaking isn’t really feasable with the current player base.

1. T5 dreads are long overdue. Plz implement them ASAP.

1. Don’t change dreads to R9/10 only. Like gizmo said, this prevents some players from doing dreads, many of whom enjoy it, but don’t have the time under their belt to have enough R9+ ships. 

First you are not a dev so please stop acting like a dev.

1. You are not a dev, they have to plan and coding, nothing to do with a wand :slight_smile:

2. Reduce the difference finally between the MK1 and MK5. If the vets still can farm, git gud.

3. I don’t care about T5 dreads. It was just funny to see.

4. We have a small playerbase, we should let the newbies to play instead close them out. Specially because from R7 the only option to play PVP in squad is the dread.

I even if I write out my anger about the stupidity, 99% I have solution plan. But 99% nobody listen to me :slight_smile:

Omega is a Super Tester and translator, he knows more information than many players and even more than many super testers (cause he is the one of the most active). 

About your point 4, there is a field for discussion, agree.

Gizmo sums it up pretty well.

My comments:

1. system definitely needs to change. current one is too easy to abuse and isn’t conducive for all corporations, only large ones.

1. Imo, tiers should just be reimplemented with some changes (I will prob create a thread for ideas on this). Switching to rank-based matchmaking isn’t really feasable with the current player base.

1. T5 dreads are long overdue. Plz implement them ASAP.

1. Don’t change dreads to R9/10 only. Like gizmo said, this prevents some players from doing dreads, many of whom enjoy it, but don’t have the time under their belt to have enough R9+ ships. 
  1. I’ve said it, we are working on it. I’ve read gizmo’s suggestions about it and more are coming. 

2. I will be happy to see your thread, try just don’t write the GLOBAL CHANGES, concentrate on SecCon.

3. I’m also waiting this.

4. Yes this is the main problem for me (in the context of this poll) 

I didn’t say that suggestions from this poll will make the system perfect. But they at least can do it smoother, no? 

No it won’t help. Give back the modules for the T3 ships, and the dread will be balanced. Because R8-R9 was balanced. Remove the T4 modules from T3 and the T5 from T4. I support the idea, to let the players use the lower tier modules on higher tier, that helps to move forward. Why I still talking about tiers? Because the shiptree and the implants designed for tiers. Just because you remove the T from the game, the design still has it.

1. Reduce the difference finally between the MK1 and MK5. If the vets still can farm, git gud.

Not only the difference between MK1 and MK5 is a problem, also the difference between the ranks, it can theoritically happen that a r9 cov ops with r9 orion mk4(37s recharge 103% dmg) has to fight vs an r11 cov ops with an r15 Orion MK5(29.7s recahrge 108% dmg) -> T5 MK5 is sometimes over 25% better(with implants)then r9 mk4 stuff and over 50% better then r9 MK2 stuff.