Allow dealing collision damage to bubbling ECMs

ECMs are interceptors with durability of fighter, they have very annoying stuns and they are swarming T5. most annoying thing is that ECM can fly i to a 10 man sqad use “F” to destroy all repair stations, microlocators, drones and cancel active modules after that he can fly away because he is indestructible. I dont like additional indestructibility time after metastable because i cant punish ecm after bubbling in center of my team. ECM’s was fine about 6 moths ago.

The suggestion is to allow dealing damage to metastabling ECM’s by collision - that should be fair

Is it not the ECM rol to wreak havoc in the enemy team?

ECM is not indestructible, it can be a pain to kill. But it is its job.

Can you elaborate more your idea, please? I’m not against it, but i don’t really understand it well either.

I’d much rather there be no invincibility at all, and it’s F module simply has the AoE burst disable and that is it. No long bubble of invincibility.

I accept the bubble invincibilty, because you are a sitting duck. But that you have 2s after that is false.

The bubble is very useful for healing yourself. I say keep it. Decreasing its invincibility time to 1 second after it pops would be acceptable. Collision damage on the other hand… No, just no. You could simply push a bubbled ECM like a soccer ball more into your territory of you wanted to, but actually doing damage while doing it? No.

2 hours ago, WolfKhan said:

Collision damage on the other hand… No, just no. You could simply push a bubbled ECM like a soccer ball more into your territory of you wanted to, but actually doing damage while doing it? No.

Even if it sounds funny… i’m with WolfKhan and say no to collision damage. 

They should just revert all the changes done to the Metastable Forcefield during last half a year or so. That invulnerability after the MF pops is ridiculous, as is it dropping all currently running active modules. ECMs were unnecessarily annoying and hard to kill even before that.

That being said, the whole concept of having complete stuns that last for several seconds in a game where each player controls just one ship (which is likely to get destroyed during those several seconds) at a time is just horribly bad design. ECM active modules should be reworked entirely to be about active disruption instead of this current 20 seconds of disables and doomsdays at whatever you’re attacking.

Stasis Generator should put the target into something akin Metastable Forcefield, placing it out of combat for a moment instead of making it an easy target.

Ion Diffuser should only drop currently running active modules and disable activating them for two seconds or so, but have a really short recharge time.

White Noise Jammer should be available to ECMs instead of Cov Ops. That’s what ECM modules really should be like, although duration and recharge time should both be shorter.

In return, Weapon System Inhibitor sounds much more like something the Cov Ops would need.

What you say about the last two modules make no sense.

Cover Ops live from not being detected and the jammer enable this to sneak to the target.
The system contrary reduce just the damage against you, which is more part of an ECM as it enable survive longer under fire.

If you go this way: I think command got a missile that has a very short disable effect. This shouldn’t be so or?

2 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Cover Ops live from not being detected and the jammer enable this to sneak to the target.

And they have Adaptive Camo for that purpose. Unlike it, White Noise Jammer doesn’t have much to do with being covert, since you’re basically broadcasting “Here I come! Look around!”.

The system contrary reduce just the damage against you, which is more part of an ECM as it enable survive longer under fire.

ECMs have some extra durability as a class bonus, generally plenty of shield and engine slots, Metastable Forcefield as a panic button, and now that ridiculous Shield Seal (+900 resistances) for Karud. They don’t need any more survivability than that. All that damage reduction against a single target module does is to further enhance this “disable and doomsday” behavior. ECMs should be roaming around, supporting other units and reducing enemy effectiveness, not murdering a single hapless target at a time.

Cov Ops then might need some extra survivability, and Weapon System Inhibitor would fit this “surprise attack a single isolated target from close range” thing they have going.

I think command got a missile that has a very short disable effect. This shouldn’t be so or?

The stun duration should be reduced to something like 2 seconds, and missile reload time increased slightly. Other than that they’re okay.

Before the change F skill was useless. Cover ops would grill his back bottom with plasma arc - its not disabled

If you wanna nerf ECM ‘F’ because of stun - reduce stun range

On August 2, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Vohvelielain said:

They should just revert all the changes done to the Metastable Forcefield during last half a year or so. That invulnerability after the MF pops is ridiculous, as is it dropping all currently running active modules. ECMs were unnecessarily annoying and hard to kill even before that.

That being said, the whole concept of having complete stuns that last for several seconds in a game where each player controls just one ship (which is likely to get destroyed during those several seconds) at a time is just horribly bad design. ECM active modules should be reworked entirely to be about active disruption instead of this current 20 seconds of disables and doomsdays at whatever you’re attacking.

Stasis Generator should put the target into something akin Metastable Forcefield, placing it out of combat for a moment instead of making it an easy target.

Ion Diffuser should only drop currently running active modules and disable activating them for two seconds or so, but have a really short recharge time.

White Noise Jammer should be available to ECMs instead of Cov Ops. That’s what ECM modules really should be like, although duration and recharge time should both be shorter.

In return, Weapon System Inhibitor sounds much more like something the Cov Ops would need.

The weapon system inhibitor is actually much more of an ECM module. That, and out of all the interceptors, only an ECM are really able to use it due to module and ship setup, so no. It’s the only module that allows an ECM to match a covert ops toe to toe in battle. Giving it to coverts would hinder game-play and the covert class, cause energy.

ECMs are fine as they are

Bugrit!

12 hours ago, xKostyan said:

ECMs are fine as they are

He meant to say that we should receive collision damage from the EMC’s bubble itself or even get killed, if we use a Warp-gate or Micro-warp. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Last time i scheck that was already in the game.