Allow Custom Battles To Have A Regular Reward System Again So Pilots Can Choose Exactly What Mode/Map They Desire To Play On.

Voted ‘no’.

Image result for Wow, just wow.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

That is an illusion of a choice, you will end up with settling to what is available, and not to what you want, which in return is going to be even worse than games from the generic queue. 

It’s no illusion of a choice, players will be able to judge for themselves what they want, and that in itself will help to balance the human element. the community as a whole will become more active with eachother, speak to eachother. teamplay will be much more encouraged and the result will be better games, and thus more people will come to Star Conflict and actually stay longer than to get to rank 9 and give up, increasing the odds of star conflict becoming a big game population-wise, and the enjoyment value of this game will rise immensly.

8 hours ago, xKostyan said:

This functionality was removed because 

A) There were next to no public rooms 

B) There was next to endless farm of resources of loot in locked rooms by trading wins and fixing matches

Why would this time it be any different? 

While I agree with you, I would still be able to select at least the match mode.Population indicator (green, yellow, red) would tell us how much activity is in certain game modes.

About in-game rewards. I must agree that would negatively affect the game economy and would cause abuse. I have seen such things in the past.

Reward, objective, medal farming abuse.

If I am only looking to get kills in PvP, I would mostly look for Team Battles, etc. I don’t particularly like Combat Recon, especially because the Captain can’t be selected or voted for if the game mode comes back.

This idea is only good on paper, iirc custom used to have rewards but due to rigged matches and what not for the sake of circumventing any kind of effort to get stuff, it was taken away. If this would be implemented it would end in having rooms rigged for one side and since you are random, u get the other side, the losing side. OR, majority want to play a specific map or something like that over and over again, long story short - i would prefer random queue over this any day.

agree, we had this conversation in the past a couple of times…

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

This idea is only good on paper, iirc custom used to have rewards but due to rigged matches and what not for the sake of circumventing any kind of effort to get stuff, it was taken away. If this would be implemented it would end in having rooms rigged for one side and since you are random, u get the other side, the losing side. OR, majority want to play a specific map or something like that over and over again, long story short - i would prefer random queue over this any day.

honestly, when custom used to have rewards there were no real methods utilized to curcumvent abuse at all. it was an experiment that was used lightly and wrongly.

don’t underestimate randoms, they’re very capable of making decisions on their own, and most of the time, they’d be able to figure out that they will be able to find enjoyable games much more often under a custom lobby option than the current queue based randomness that we have today. it would also be less work in the long run for the devs, we’ve yet to have a proper fix for squads and wings that can’t get a game most of the time in 4 years, and this would fix that day 1 regardless of settings. Custom Rooms with rewards was the right idea, it was implimented very wrongly and will serve its use with just a few adjistments and will work wonderfully. remember that with a random’s random shuffle of sides each round will take care of most want to abuse from giving a win to one side or the other.

as for locked rooms, they will not exist for reward based custom matches and anyone that will want to pop in and see the match will be able to do so. in an active community, such abuse would be easy to see and action would be taken.

Under the custom game implimentation, random pilots skill will improve thanks to repetition of doing something they love. They will also be able to get more information on what to do in games because communication between players will be at an all-time high. retention rates will improve, not drop. don’t forget that even for the worst of gamemodes, missions can push pilots to play such modes if they need it done enough. It’s always possible to place the maps on shuffle as well if the room puts that in the settings for reward based custom matches. pilots will shoot for the enjoyment of a well fought match over simply trying to abuse grinding over rewards anyday.

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

You mean tell me that every other online game is doing it wrong? This is one the few games where it uses this archaic system of random mm that takes decades to get a match.

All these other game devs found a way to fix abuse. Are these devs not as skilled as the rest of them. I think not. My guess is the devs would rather find ways to extract money from us rather than give us a normal game where we can select the map and sever. If they made it like every other game they might have a stronger player base so they can extract more money from us. 

The idea is not doable at all for the time being mostly due to the human nature sabotaging it to the core, and somewhat because of the wasting of resources by dedicating to make a PvP 0.9 (because it is basically a downgrade).

Or in drama language: One Queue to rule them all, one queue to find them, one queue to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

2 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

honestly, when custom used to have rewards there were no real methods utilized to curcumvent abuse at all. it was an experiment that was used lightly and wrongly.

don’t underestimate randoms, they’re very capable of making decisions on their own, and most of the time, they’d be able to figure out that they will be able to find enjoyable games much more often under a custom lobby option than the current queue based randomness that we have today. it would also be less work in the long run for the devs, we’ve yet to have a proper fix for squads and wings that can’t get a game most of the time in 4 years, and this would fix that day 1 regardless of settings. Custom Rooms with rewards was the right idea, it was implimented very wrongly and will serve its use with just a few adjistments and will work wonderfully. remember that with a random’s random shuffle of sides each round will take care of most want to abuse from giving a win to one side or the other.

as for locked rooms, they will not exist for reward based custom matches and anyone that will want to pop in and see the match will be able to do so. in an active community, such abuse would be easy to see and action would be taken.

Under the custom game implimentation, random pilots skill will improve thanks to repetition of doing something they love. They will also be able to get more information on what to do in games because communication between players will be at an all-time high. retention rates will improve, not drop. don’t forget that even for the worst of gamemodes, missions can push pilots to play such modes if they need it done enough. It’s always possible to place the maps on shuffle as well if the room puts that in the settings for reward based custom matches. pilots will shoot for the enjoyment of a well fought match over simply trying to abuse grinding over rewards anyday.

BS randoms are utterly stupid in its majority, it is a fact that is repeated and proven over and over, it only takes to read general chat or look at peoples builds, or even read this damn forum.

1 hour ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

You mean tell me that every other online game is doing it wrong? This is one the few games where it uses this archaic system of random mm that takes decades to get a match.

All these other game devs found a way to fix abuse. Are these devs not as skilled as the rest of them. I think not. My guess is the devs would rather find ways to extract money from us rather than give us a normal game where we can select the map and sever. If they made it like every other game they might have a stronger player base so they can extract more money from us. 

Name a few MMO PvP games that have game progression handled via public rooms, not just character xp level and vanity items, the actual complex equipment and game progression.

Corporation recruitment and involvement and training of said randoms will also increase. 

1 minute ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

Corporation recruitment and involvement and training of said randoms will also increase. 

by insignificant margin?  maybe. 

by a good large margin thanks to good solid communication that will be improved and caused by this move into custom lobbies where communication is desired.

friends will be made and the amount of squads and wings will increase, and so will baseline skill levels of 'most every pilot.

10 minutes ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

by a good large margin thanks to good solid communication that will be improved and caused by this move into custom lobbies where communication is desired.

friends will be made and the amount of squads and wings will increase, and so will baseline skill levels of 'most every pilot.

That is not how online PvP games work

It’s how this one will.

idk why wolfkhangeneral asked me to post in this thread but I guess I’ll say I think this idea is bad?

The same few naysayers as always. There is no saving this game when these people are what dictate all the nerfs and anything else.

21 minutes ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

The same few naysayers as always. There is no saving this game when these people are what dictate all the nerfs and anything else.

![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

24 minutes ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

? Do you have me confused with someone else? I don’t talk with the developers and none of my ideas are in the game…

The idea looks quite nice in theory. Taking a quick review on the comments i can tell there are plenty of complications. Since im not involved with SC atm, im not willing to read all and think this with proper time xD Sry wolfkhan. Maybe some tweakings could be implemented…like some sort of map suggestion available for everyone…idk…gl everyone hahaha